- How to live stream UFC on ESPN 4: Rafael dos Anjos vs. Leon Edwards 11 Months Ago
- 2020 Democrats refuse to answer our questions about ‘Cats’ Friday 4:14 PM
- Belle Delphine’s Instagram account removed after mass reporting campaign Friday 4:08 PM
- Mariah Carey refuses old-age FaceApp challenge Friday 3:19 PM
- Journalists horrified by consolidation of Gatehouse, Gannett Friday 3:12 PM
- Facebook and Google could be tracking you on porn sites Friday 1:42 PM
- 7 best sites for psychic love readings Friday 1:20 PM
- Driver demonstrates why you always need to read road signs Friday 12:58 PM
- Area 51 remix video proves it’s the summer of Lil Nas X Friday 12:26 PM
- ‘ICE will come’: Convenience store clerk threatens customers speaking Spanish Friday 12:11 PM
- Rand Paul dodges questions about 9/11 Victims Fund, says ‘watch Fox News’ Friday 11:51 AM
- Report: ‘Stranger Things’ season 4 to begin shooting in October Friday 11:03 AM
- AT&T paid Michael Cohen to consult on net neutrality, FBI documents show Friday 9:10 AM
- Mysterio’s ruse changes on a second viewing of ‘Far From Home’ Friday 9:06 AM
- Twitter overturns Barrett Brown’s third permanent suspension Friday 8:49 AM
Store busted for putting googly eyes on old fish to make them look fresher
It’s unclear if the store was using the plastic eyes only for advertisement purposes, or if people were actually going home with googly-eyed fish.
The story has gone viral in both America and Kuwait, with one company now advertising that they have “Fish without cosmetic surgery”.
شركة أسماك في الكويت تضرب "بوتيكات فاشنيستا السمك" وتعلن عن بيع "سمك بلا عمليات تجميل".. بعد قيام أحد المحال ببيع أسماك بعدسات مزيفة لتبدو طازجة! pic.twitter.com/FjmyG0rLP5— جريدة بيان الكويتية (@Bayan_kw) September 2, 2018
Twitter found the ruse to be hilarious, and the puns came fast and furious.
lol there's something fishy going on 😂— deleted. (@YlliKoll) September 2, 2018
They need to scale back a little...— John Laxa (@damomoo) September 2, 2018
Is this what they mean by bait and switch?— John Schmitt (@JohnSchmitt18) September 2, 2018
Eye that’s a fishy tail for sure. The net is closing in and the scales of justice will catch up, then they’ll be in deep water over this.. as for this tweet, I can’t fillet with any more puns. 🐠🐟🐬— george munro (@georgemunro_cam) September 3, 2018
Many people also used to opportunity to share their own googly eye tales.
Ok, this happened THE ONE WEEKEND I decided to put googly eyes on all the things while I traveled for comedy and everyone on FB keeps tagging me. I didn’t googly eye any fish! pic.twitter.com/SoDdtWmsGR— Charlie Hester (@alittleoffcolor) September 3, 2018
Reminds me of this pic.twitter.com/WB4hNXLpDb— Lil HeftyChonk (@_AnishaD) September 1, 2018
This story serves as a great reminder to all the people out there shopping for fresh fish. Make sure to shake the head a bit before making your final selection. If you hear a soft rattling noise coming from the eyes, it’s probably best to move on to another store.
H/T New York Post
Know your memes. Introducing 2 GIRLS 1 PODCAST:
Alli Goldberg and Jen Jamula (two actors who perform bizarre internet content on stage) have hilarious and humanizing conversations with Bronies, top Reddit mods, professional ticklers, video game archaeologists, dating app engineers, adult babies, cuddling specialists, vampires, Jedi, living dolls, and more.
Here’s an episode you might enjoy:
Or subscribe to 2 GIRLS 1 PODCAST in your favorite podcast app.
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.