- Chaotic good, true neutral: The 2020 Democrat alignment chart 1 Year Ago
- How to stream Mexico vs. Brazil live in the U-17 World Cup final Today 3:00 AM
- Influencer gets prison time for performing illegal cosmetic procedures on followers Saturday 5:13 PM
- Parent immediately regrets baby monitor after seeing ‘possessed’ baby Saturday 3:53 PM
- Buttigieg used Kenyan stock photo to promote plan for Black America Saturday 2:29 PM
- Disney+ is the best streaming service for families available today Saturday 1:43 PM
- Netflix to amend Nazi docuseries after being accused of rewriting history Saturday 1:09 PM
- Everything you need to know about TikTok Saturday 1:00 PM
- Screaming drummer girl steals hearts with passionate Nirvana cover Saturday 12:50 PM
- The Kardashians receiving backlash for food fight Instagram post Saturday 10:26 AM
- How to stream Artem Lobov vs. Jason Knight in BKFC Saturday 9:00 AM
- Lizzo sued by Postmates runner she accused of stealing her food Saturday 8:39 AM
- How to stream Jan Blachowicz vs. Ronaldo ‘Jacare’ Souza on UFC Fight Night Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to watch Georgia vs. Auburn live Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to stream Navy vs. Notre Dame live Saturday 3:30 AM
It’s unclear if the store was using the plastic eyes only for advertisement purposes, or if people were actually going home with googly-eyed fish.
The story has gone viral in both America and Kuwait, with one company now advertising that they have “Fish without cosmetic surgery”.
شركة أسماك في الكويت تضرب "بوتيكات فاشنيستا السمك" وتعلن عن بيع "سمك بلا عمليات تجميل".. بعد قيام أحد المحال ببيع أسماك بعدسات مزيفة لتبدو طازجة! pic.twitter.com/FjmyG0rLP5— جريدة بيان الكويتية (@Bayan_kw) September 2, 2018
Twitter found the ruse to be hilarious, and the puns came fast and furious.
lol there's something fishy going on 😂— yankee (@YlliKoll) September 2, 2018
They need to scale back a little...— John Laxa (@damomoo) September 2, 2018
Is this what they mean by bait and switch?— John Schmitt (@JohnSchmitt18) September 2, 2018
Eye that’s a fishy tail for sure. The net is closing in and the scales of justice will catch up, then they’ll be in deep water over this.. as for this tweet, I can’t fillet with any more puns. 🐠🐟🐬— george munro (@georgemunro_cam) September 3, 2018
Many people also used to opportunity to share their own googly eye tales.
Ok, this happened THE ONE WEEKEND I decided to put googly eyes on all the things while I traveled for comedy and everyone on FB keeps tagging me. I didn’t googly eye any fish! pic.twitter.com/SoDdtWmsGR— Charlie Hester (@alittleoffcolor) September 3, 2018
Reminds me of this pic.twitter.com/WB4hNXLpDb— Lil HeftyChonk (@_AnishaD) September 1, 2018
This story serves as a great reminder to all the people out there shopping for fresh fish. Make sure to shake the head a bit before making your final selection. If you hear a soft rattling noise coming from the eyes, it’s probably best to move on to another store.
H/T New York Post
Know your memes. Introducing 2 GIRLS 1 PODCAST:
Alli Goldberg and Jen Jamula (two actors who perform bizarre internet content on stage) have hilarious and humanizing conversations with Bronies, top Reddit mods, professional ticklers, video game archaeologists, dating app engineers, adult babies, cuddling specialists, vampires, Jedi, living dolls, and more.
Here’s an episode you might enjoy:
Or subscribe to 2 GIRLS 1 PODCAST in your favorite podcast app.
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.