- These ‘Game of Thrones’ houses are gone forever 9 Months Ago
- The 10 best anime movies on Hulu 9 Months Ago
- Vibe TV puts a premium price tag on piracy Today 6:00 AM
- Twitter unites in collective confusion over ‘Democrats for Trump’ trending Saturday 2:28 PM
- YouTube star tweets and deletes video of his Black cousin ‘Peanut’ acting as a stool Saturday 1:04 PM
- The ‘Do you wash your legs in the shower’ debate has now escalated to feet Saturday 12:20 PM
- Donald Trump posted a world-class golf score, and the internet laughs at him Saturday 10:46 AM
- Lili Reinhart dragged the ‘Game of Thrones’ petition, sparking debate about TV and ‘fan service’ Saturday 9:42 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 152 for free Saturday 8:00 AM
- People keep calling the ‘Game of Thrones’ creators by their initials—and it’s confusing D&D players Saturday 8:00 AM
- After infidelity and abuse accusations, ProJared said his wife wanted an open marriage Saturday 7:40 AM
- ‘Jailbirds’ prioritizes petty drama over insight Saturday 7:30 AM
- How to stream Deontay Wilder vs. Dominic Breazeale for free Saturday 7:00 AM
- How to live stream Josh Taylor vs. Ivan Baranchyk on DAZN Saturday 6:00 AM
- Kim Kardashian West reveals her and Kanye’s 4th child is named Psalm Friday 6:38 PM
Store busted for putting googly eyes on old fish to make them look fresher
— Mohamed El Dahshan (@eldahshan) September 1, 2018
It’s unclear if the store was using the plastic eyes only for advertisement purposes, or if people were actually going home with googly-eyed fish.
The story has gone viral in both America and Kuwait, with one company now advertising that they have “Fish without cosmetic surgery”.
شركة أسماك في الكويت تضرب "بوتيكات فاشنيستا السمك" وتعلن عن بيع "سمك بلا عمليات تجميل".. بعد قيام أحد المحال ببيع أسماك بعدسات مزيفة لتبدو طازجة! pic.twitter.com/FjmyG0rLP5
— جريدة بيان الكويتية (@Bayan_kw) September 2, 2018
Twitter found the ruse to be hilarious, and the puns came fast and furious.
lol there's something fishy going on 😂
— deleted. (@YlliKoll) September 2, 2018
They need to scale back a little…
— John Laxa (@damomoo) September 2, 2018
Is this what they mean by bait and switch?
— John Schmitt (@JohnSchmitt18) September 2, 2018
Eye that’s a fishy tail for sure. The net is closing in and the scales of justice will catch up, then they’ll be in deep water over this.. as for this tweet, I can’t fillet with any more puns. 🐠🐟🐬
— george munro (@georgemunro_cam) September 3, 2018
Many people also used to opportunity to share their own googly eye tales.
Ok, this happened THE ONE WEEKEND I decided to put googly eyes on all the things while I traveled for comedy and everyone on FB keeps tagging me. I didn’t googly eye any fish! pic.twitter.com/SoDdtWmsGR
— Charlie Hester (@alittleoffcolor) September 3, 2018
— Empanadas Stan Account (@SleepyRivera) September 1, 2018
Reminds me of this pic.twitter.com/WB4hNXLpDb
— Lil HeftyChonk (@_AnishaD) September 1, 2018
— Vikram Dewan (@vikram_dewan) September 2, 2018
This story serves as a great reminder to all the people out there shopping for fresh fish. Make sure to shake the head a bit before making your final selection. If you hear a soft rattling noise coming from the eyes, it’s probably best to move on to another store.
H/T New York Post
Know your memes. Introducing 2 GIRLS 1 PODCAST:
Alli Goldberg and Jen Jamula (two actors who perform bizarre internet content on stage) have hilarious and humanizing conversations with Bronies, top Reddit mods, professional ticklers, video game archaeologists, dating app engineers, adult babies, cuddling specialists, vampires, Jedi, living dolls, and more.
Here’s an episode you might enjoy:
Or subscribe to 2 GIRLS 1 PODCAST in your favorite podcast app.
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.