- Curvy Wife Guy drops music video for rap song ‘Chubby Sexy’ Friday 7:33 PM
- A ‘Black Mirror’ spinoff mini-series is coming to YouTube via Netflix Latin America Friday 5:56 PM
- Kanye West appears on David Letterman’s Netflix show to talk Trump, TMZ, and Drake Friday 3:27 PM
- QAnon believers link small-town arrest to deep state conspiracy without evidence Friday 1:58 PM
- Instagram photos showing prison conditions spark massive protest Friday 1:33 PM
- ‘Gay rat wedding’ headline sparks amazing new meme Friday 1:03 PM
- ‘I read a gossip piece’ meme mocks Moby’s Instagram post Friday 12:39 PM
- Rotten Tomatoes wants to see your ticket stub to leave a verified review Friday 11:46 AM
- ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ movie delayed to 2020 to fix his look Friday 11:39 AM
- ‘Swamp Thing’ gets off to a promising start, but can it tell a convincing love story? Friday 11:34 AM
- ‘Falling on deaf ears’: ‘Queer Eye’ star sparks conversation about ableist idioms Friday 11:15 AM
- Parents are spending thousands on YouTube camps that teach kids how to be famous Friday 10:43 AM
- In season 2 of ‘She’s Gotta Have It,’ Spike Lee remains unapologetically himself Friday 10:36 AM
- Trump selling Pride shirts is a grotesque insult to the LGBTQ community Friday 10:27 AM
- Logan Paul is being mocked for pulling out of slapping competition Friday 9:57 AM
Epic Games removing ‘unintended’ breast physics on new ‘Fortnite’ skin
What a Calamity.
With the debut of Fortnite Season 6, a slew of new cosmetic items and skins were introduced as well. One is an awesome-looking female character clad all in black, who resembles a villainous “outlaw” with striking maroon hair, bandolier, and a duster with metallic accents that can be customized depending on player preference.
Her name’s Calamity, and while she starts out as a pretty plain-Jane character, you can upgrade her look by earning a few important upgrades that level her up quickly into a character that no one would want to trifle with. Much like this season’s Dire skin, which can transform into a werewolf, it’s an ever-changing and evolving look that people are excited to get their hands on.
Unfortunately, Calamity’s sweet outfit isn’t the hottest topic of discussion right now. It’s a breast jiggle animation that appears to have been implemented for the character, which demonstrates a slight bounce when the character is moving around, such as in the “Jubilation” emote pictured below. It seems to be the only emote that’s currently affected.
The most important thing in the Season 6 update pic.twitter.com/FrnzFsF1Fl
— FaZe Agony (@Agony) September 27, 2018
People can’t stop talking about it, of course.
— Smokey (@Shhmokey) September 27, 2018
verrri nice 👌
— very aladeen ♋☀️♈🌄♎🌙 (@AladeeneedalA) September 27, 2018
HELL YEAH. Best emote in the game got even better 🎉
— Dootje (@Doootjeee) September 27, 2018
Epic Games rep issued a response to the matter to PC Gamer, stating that the feature was “embarrassing and unintended” via email. “We are working on a fix as soon possible.”
We have disabled elements of our animation system. This means you may see visual issues with some outfits. Thank you for your patience while we work through these issues!
— Fortnite (@FortniteGame) September 27, 2018
It’s hardly embarrassing—this is, indeed, what real women’s bodies look like when they move, but it’s intriguing how this detail could possibly have been “unintended.”
It’s likely that Epic Games wants to retain its cartoony image given that such a large portion of its player base skews younger, though as a reminder it’s still a game meant for adults, which means it shouldn’t cause such a ruckus if racier elements are introduced when it’s the goal of each round to kill off other players and be the last one standing.
Look for Calamity to go stationary as soon as Epic Games can implement a fix to remove this animation soon.
Brittany Vincent has covered gaming, anime, tech, and entertainment for over a decade. When she’s not writing, she’s replaying Um Jammer Lammy or Day of the Tentacle for the hundredth time while pining for a Harvester sequel. Find her on Twitter @MolotovCupcake.