- Influencer gets prison time for performing illegal cosmetic procedures on followers Saturday 5:13 PM
- Parent immediately regrets baby monitor after seeing ‘possessed’ baby Saturday 3:53 PM
- Buttigieg used Kenyan stock photo to promote plan for Black America Saturday 2:29 PM
- Disney+ is the best streaming service for families available today Saturday 1:43 PM
- Netflix to amend Nazi docuseries after being accused of rewriting history Saturday 1:09 PM
- Everything you need to know about TikTok Saturday 1:00 PM
- Screaming drummer girl steals hearts with passionate Nirvana cover Saturday 12:50 PM
- The Kardashians receiving backlash for food fight Instagram post Saturday 10:26 AM
- How to stream Artem Lobov vs. Jason Knight in BKFC Saturday 9:00 AM
- Lizzo sued by Postmates runner she accused of stealing her food Saturday 8:39 AM
- How to stream Jan Blachowicz vs. Ronaldo ‘Jacare’ Souza on UFC Fight Night Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to watch Georgia vs. Auburn live Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to stream Navy vs. Notre Dame live Saturday 3:30 AM
- The actor who played Greedo is just as confused by ‘maclunkey’ as you are Friday 4:57 PM
- AirPods are getting that sweet, sweet Black Friday price drop Friday 4:24 PM
Just when everyone thought the saga of the distracted boyfriend meme was finally over, a new picture from the internet’s favorite stock photo series has surfaced.
The distracted boyfriend meme—a stock photo of a man, presumably with his girlfriend, checking out a different girl—took the internet by storm in August. In the meme, the guy represents “you,” the girl walking by represents a distraction or a mistake or something better, and the girlfriend represents what you should be focusing on.
Different iterations of the meme popped up throughout August and September. Eventually, fans of the meme learned the real reason why the distracted boyfriend left his girlfriend and that photographer Antonio Guillem had actually taken an entire photo series explaining the plot.
Now another photo has surfaced and it creates more questions about the infamous couple than it answers.
In this new photo, the woman who was previously depicted as the upset girlfriend is now the one checking out another dude. But the guy who is supposedly her partner in this new photograph is not the same boyfriend seen in previous images.
What happened to the distracted boyfriend? Who is this new guy? How does this photo fit into the rest of Guillem’s infidelity photo series? Could the distracted boyfriend be the man in the foreground of this new photo?
This meme fan fiction never ends.
Tess Cagle is a reporter who focuses on politics, lifestyle, and streaming entertainment. Her work has appeared in the New York Times, Texas Monthly, the Austin American-Statesman, Damn Joan, and Community Impact Newspaper. She’s also a portrait, events, and live music photographer in Central Texas.