Everyone’s obsessed with this video of a deer nailing the drums in Phil Collins’ ‘In the Air Tonight’
- HBO Max gains the streaming rights to ‘The Big Bang Theory’ 12 Months Ago
- Everyone hates this Russian rapper’s pro-Putin music video 12 Months Ago
- Skull fire logs are here to make you look like a gleeful murderer Today 10:30 AM
- High school cheerleading team put on probation for waving Trump banner during a game Today 10:12 AM
- ‘Battlestar Galactica’ is getting a reboot from the creator of ‘Mr. Robot’ Today 9:17 AM
- Sean Spicer is already alleging judges are out to get him on DWTS Today 8:52 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Jupiter’s Legacy’ loses showrunner halfway through filming Today 7:36 AM
- ‘Disenchantment’ season 2 starts strong but falls into familiar trappings Today 7:00 AM
- Are Ben Shapiro fans organizing against his opponents on Twitter? Today 6:30 AM
- iPhone overloaded? Here’s how to cancel app subscriptions Monday 11:02 PM
- Fan-created ‘app’ lets users experience the final moments of the ill-fated Jeremy Renner app Monday 10:00 PM
- Milo Yiannopoulos receives lifetime ban from furry convention Monday 7:49 PM
- Snapchat just made all political ads purchased publicly available Monday 6:12 PM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Borussia Dortmund in Champions League action Monday 5:39 PM
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Napoli in Champions League action Monday 5:19 PM
Every now and then comes along a brief moment of pure, wholesome, unadulterated internet joy that makes us forget that we’re living in the barren hellscape that is 2018. This week, that joy comes in the form of a deer accidentally recreating the ubiquitous drum solo in the 1981 Phil Collins hit “In the Air Tonight” by stumbling over the slide on a children’s play set.
The video, titled “in the deer 2nite,” was uploaded by YouTuber Josh Ballico on Monday, and quickly went on to become a viral sensation.
It’s unclear whether or not Ballico took the original video, or why the person just happened to be filming a random deer when it tripped, or even why the deer decided to go over the playset instead of just walking around it. There are so many questions!
On the other hand, maybe we should just let the mystery be and just enjoy 18 perfect, amazing seconds along with the rest of the internet—as the video eventually made its way to Twitter and people frigging love it.
This is the greatest thing I've ever seen pic.twitter.com/D9DxwQhvzG— Stan Lewis (@StanLewis_) October 1, 2018
I wasn’t ready to laugh this hard pic.twitter.com/OZWaV6e8hP— dylan (@dyllyp) October 3, 2018
This deer's been working hard on the drum bit from Phil Collins' In The Air Tonight. Well done son. pic.twitter.com/I3tPifwiwK— Matt Deegan (@matt) October 3, 2018
Even Valerie Bertinelli is extremely here for Phil Collins Deer Twitter:
Oh deer 😂🦌🥁 https://t.co/GWKTpXlnys— Valerie Bertinelli (@Wolfiesmom) October 3, 2018
Doing some light poking around, Ballico’s YouTube account also uncovered the following gem uploaded four months ago, perfectly named “House of Drain, ‘Tap Around'” in reference to the 1992 House of Pain song “Jump Around.”
Especially when you factor in the absence of Vine, the world clearly needs more of these type of short videos, even if we have to wait another four months.
Stacey Ritzen is a reporter and editor based in West Philadelphia with over 10 years' experience covering pop culture, web culture, entertainment, and news. You can follow her on Twitter @staceyritzen.