- Snapchat just made all political ads purchased publicly available Monday 6:12 PM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Borussia Dortmund in Champions League action Monday 5:39 PM
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Napoli in Champions League action Monday 5:19 PM
- How to make real money with Amazon’s Mechanical Turk Monday 5:03 PM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Valencia in the Champions League group stage Monday 4:47 PM
- ‘SNL’ fires Shane Gillis for racist, homophobic comments Monday 4:41 PM
- Ben Shapiro wants accusers to describe Brett Kavanaugh’s penis Monday 4:30 PM
- Twitch suspends streamer for wearing Chun-Li cosplay Monday 4:11 PM
- Report: 8 years of Trump tax returns subpoenaed by prosecutors Monday 3:45 PM
- Netflix lands exclusive streaming rights to ‘Seinfeld’ Monday 3:34 PM
- Jenny Slate sets first comedy special at Netflix Monday 3:05 PM
- #EndSmearFear is aiming to save lives Monday 2:54 PM
- Netflix ‘Living With Yourself’ trailer offers a double dose of Paul Rudd Monday 2:07 PM
- How to stream the 2019-20 UEFA Champions League Monday 2:04 PM
- Caitlyn Jenner ridiculed with transphobic jokes during Alec Baldwin roast Monday 1:27 PM
On Thursday Cuba Gooding Jr. was arrested on sexual abuse charges stemming from an accusation that he groped a woman. Footage of the arrest is now a meme.
A 30-year-old woman accused Gooding of grabbing and squeezing her breasts without consent at a Manhattan, New York, night club on June 9. Gooding denies the accusation and told TMZ “I trust the system, and the process speaks for itself. There’s a tape that shows what really happened—that’s the most important thing.”
Social media star Claudia Oshry, known to her followers as the “Girl With No Job,” has since come forward with her own accusations against Gooding. Oshry alleges Gooding inappropriately touched her–approximately ten years ago–when she was only 16 years old. Gooding also denies these accusations.
The seriousness of the situation hasn’t prevented footage of the arrest becoming a meme. People are using footage of Gooding turning himself in as a video meme to talk about themselves being busted for committing more minor offenses.
“Subway workers arresting me for putting coke in my water cup,” one person quipped on Twitter.
Subway workers arresting me for putting coke in my water cup pic.twitter.com/LZqn7FEgXF— **** (@husstypebeat) June 19, 2019
When they catch me at the movies after I paid for 1 ticket but snuck to see 3 movies and bought my own food pic.twitter.com/kBHFimmewa— Wassup Nicki Minaj (@Gibron_Lastname) June 18, 2019
me, a wedding DJ, being arrested for playing The Menzingers discographypic.twitter.com/1bLsGswh0K— ᵀᴿᴵᴬᴺ (@howtobekind) June 18, 2019
The internet police arresting me for not changing my profile picture to blue for sudan pic.twitter.com/nEXjj5BPxd— Jack Palmieri (@jpalm70) June 18, 2019
My mum arresting me after being caught stealing meat from the pot pic.twitter.com/lbctj4sZLQ— A Girl Has No Name (@_cherieldn) June 19, 2019
The police arresting me after they find me guzzling Belle Delphine’s bath water pic.twitter.com/Dm8Jx8tGDm— Shay. (@_Shayyo) June 17, 2019
Me being escorted out of Megan Thee Stallions house after she catches me with a jar collecting samples of her twerk air pic.twitter.com/pUersS1mIi— IDONTPAYTAXES (@Bankrollblock) June 17, 2019
- This video of a man walking into a courtroom is now a meme
- ‘Tough Guy Entrance’ meme criticized by victims advocacy group
- These edited videos show the dark side of your favorite cartoons
- Boys’ sleepovers vs. girls’ sleepovers meme takes stereotypes to absurd heights
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.