- Is Trump defiling the U.S. flag in this MAGA dude’s artwork? Sunday 4:41 PM
- White woman claims she invented sleep bonnets, selling them for $100 Sunday 4:03 PM
- Even real cats are transfixed by the enigma that is the ‘Cats’ trailer Sunday 3:04 PM
- Wait, how tall is Peppa Pig? Sunday 1:55 PM
- Twitter suspends Iranian state media outlets for harassing members of a religious minority Sunday 1:06 PM
- Pro-MAGA pageant queen stripped of title over ‘offensive’ tweets Sunday 11:52 AM
- Marvel unveiled its Phase 4 plans at San Diego Comic-Con Sunday 9:16 AM
- How a queer Instagram is helping fight the opioid epidemic in Appalachia Sunday 6:30 AM
- Philadelphia to fire 13 officers for racist, violent Facebook posts Saturday 6:12 PM
- Nick Offerman is so down to play every single role in ‘Cats’ Saturday 4:27 PM
- Woman documents how airport staff broke her wheelchair Saturday 3:04 PM
- Funeral home allegedly posted photos of woman’s dead body on social media Saturday 1:56 PM
- Alinity Divine is being investigated after throwing her cat during stream (updated) Saturday 12:04 PM
- ‘Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee’ returns with Seinfeld making a racist joke about China Saturday 10:26 AM
- YouTubers Eugenia Cooney and Shane Dawson make a joint comeback Saturday 9:06 AM
Cuba Gooding Jr. turned himself in to the police—and it’s a meme now
This is not the way you want to become a meme.
On Thursday Cuba Gooding Jr. was arrested on sexual abuse charges stemming from an accusation that he groped a woman. Footage of the arrest is now a meme.
A 30-year-old woman accused Gooding of grabbing and squeezing her breasts without consent at a Manhattan, New York, night club on June 9. Gooding denies the accusation and told TMZ “I trust the system, and the process speaks for itself. There’s a tape that shows what really happened—that’s the most important thing.”
Social media star Claudia Oshry, known to her followers as the “Girl With No Job,” has since come forward with her own accusations against Gooding. Oshry alleges Gooding inappropriately touched her–approximately ten years ago–when she was only 16 years old. Gooding also denies these accusations.
The seriousness of the situation hasn’t prevented footage of the arrest becoming a meme. People are using footage of Gooding turning himself in as a video meme to talk about themselves being busted for committing more minor offenses.
“Subway workers arresting me for putting coke in my water cup,” one person quipped on Twitter.
Subway workers arresting me for putting coke in my water cup pic.twitter.com/LZqn7FEgXF— **** (@husstypebeat) June 19, 2019
When they catch me at the movies after I paid for 1 ticket but snuck to see 3 movies and bought my own food pic.twitter.com/kBHFimmewa— Wassup Nicki Minaj (@Gibron_Lastname) June 18, 2019
me, a wedding DJ, being arrested for playing The Menzingers discographypic.twitter.com/1bLsGswh0K— ᵀᴿᴵᴬᴺ (@howtobekind) June 18, 2019
The internet police arresting me for not changing my profile picture to blue for sudan pic.twitter.com/nEXjj5BPxd— Jack Palmieri (@jpalm70) June 18, 2019
My mum arresting me after being caught stealing meat from the pot pic.twitter.com/lbctj4sZLQ— A Girl Has No Name (@_cherieldn) June 19, 2019
The police arresting me after they find me guzzling Belle Delphine’s bath water pic.twitter.com/Dm8Jx8tGDm— Shay. (@_Shayyo) June 17, 2019
Me being escorted out of Megan Thee Stallions house after she catches me with a jar collecting samples of her twerk air pic.twitter.com/pUersS1mIi— IDONTPAYTAXES (@Bankrollblock) June 17, 2019
- This video of a man walking into a courtroom is now a meme
- ‘Tough Guy Entrance’ meme criticized by victims advocacy group
- These edited videos show the dark side of your favorite cartoons
- Boys’ sleepovers vs. girls’ sleepovers meme takes stereotypes to absurd heights
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.