- ‘Weathering With You’ blends fantasy and realism in a magical love story Saturday 6:18 PM
- Kidnapped teen used Snapchat to get rescued Saturday 4:35 PM
- What fans do and don’t want to see in future ‘Far Cry’ installments Saturday 4:26 PM
- Aaron Carter accused of stealing lion art for merch Saturday 3:10 PM
- Instagram’s hidden like counts were inspired by a ‘Black Mirror’ episode Saturday 2:06 PM
- Student says they were expelled for tricking teacher into making inappropriate TikTok Saturday 12:26 PM
- Space Force uniforms relentlessly mocked, memed Saturday 10:52 AM
- Man flamed after admitting he called police on Target employee over a toothbrush Saturday 9:10 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Vivir Dos Veces’ searches for a last chance at first love Saturday 8:00 AM
- Camila Cabello must do more about her racist history Saturday 6:00 AM
- Instagram and Facebook are reportedly blocking queer ads Friday 8:58 PM
- Review: Tyler Perry’s ‘A Fall From Grace’ is both nonsensical and utterly predictable Friday 6:48 PM
- Is Hulu censoring the Iran episode of Anthony Bourdain’s ‘Parts Unknown’? Friday 6:05 PM
- Trump admin celebrates Michelle Obama’s birthday by proposing rollback of her signature initiative Friday 4:01 PM
- TSA apologizes after agent grabs indigenous woman’s braids, says ‘giddyup’ Friday 3:28 PM
Everyone knows Cardi B is a queen. It’s a fact. Queen of serving looks, queen of welcoming baby girl Kulture Kiari Cephus into the world with rapper Offset, and queen of all the bops. But as it turns out, she was also something of a sassy, saucy princess when she was a little girl. Who knew?
Fans do, of course, because Cardi posts a lot of pictures to her Instagram account. That includes a ton of childhood snaps that offer a look into her life before the fame. We love her for this, especially since it looks like she really hasn’t changed since then, not one little bit. She’s still totally adorable.
But there was one particular picture that’s really blown up in the best way. It’s nothing complicated, but it’s made the base for one of the funniest memes featuring the rapper in some time.
After the photo began making the rounds online, fans began writing their own captions for the spirited young Cardi. She’s pictured with a comical expression on her face as though she’s about to tell us all what’s up, with one hand on her hip…just like that one tattletale friend we all had used to do. The memes usually start with “My momma say/said.”
Naturally, people had a field day adding their own snarky captions to Cardi’s photo, and they’re basically side-splitting. You can even hear them in little Cardi’s squeaky kid voice.
Cardi found the memes hilarious, posting one to her Instagram with the caption “Yaaaa annoying for this. Leave five year old Belcalis alone.” Belcalis Marlenis Alamanzar is Cardi’s full name.
She shared another favorite, noting that she was definitely a “smartass” like this particular meme suggests when she was a kid. We can definitely believe it.
But there are many, many more out there.
“My Mommy Say I Can Bite People ThatBe Mean To Me” pic.twitter.com/gqziix6en4— HellaBandz (@ricodonDada) June 26, 2018
My momma said we got to watch you while you in the house, cause you steal. pic.twitter.com/ljjDCixdEv— Deku Meliodas Uzumaki (@Chris_CrossYa2x) July 9, 2018
My momma said y’all hang out on the porch all day cuz y’all lights off. pic.twitter.com/CdybGJ30n3— Greeze Halpert (@DeeGreezy) July 10, 2018
My momma said I can’t sit down cuz y’all got roaches pic.twitter.com/5y29m6l13Z— Jus O (@callmeomar) July 9, 2018
my momma said y’all gotta help me clean my room since y’all were playing in here too pic.twitter.com/L4QJ3mndAo— Jayla Sanders (@Jay_Kidding) July 11, 2018
“My mommy said I should tell you that she’s not around” pic.twitter.com/hI3oyhHpLS— Taofeek Oseni (@HEAD_MASTA) July 8, 2018
My momma said I don’t have to listen to you because you ain’t no real adult anyways. pic.twitter.com/sHYyPbgWcW— No Relation, Esq. (@TheCosby) July 10, 2018
My momma said your daddy ain’t in college, he in jail. pic.twitter.com/OdchA19TlH— Peace Seeking Missle (@Menace2Anxiety_) July 8, 2018
Now, there’s a new thing Cardi can be crowned queen of, too: queen of the memes.
Brittany Vincent has covered gaming, anime, tech, and entertainment for over a decade. When she’s not writing, she’s replaying Um Jammer Lammy or Day of the Tentacle for the hundredth time while pining for a Harvester sequel. Find her on Twitter @MolotovCupcake.