- How to stream Peter ‘Kid Chocolate’ Quillin vs. Alfredo Angulo Today 5:16 PM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Granada Today 4:50 PM
- ‘Atlantics’ tells a ghost story steeped with emotion and realism Today 4:16 PM
- ‘Jojo Rabbit’ is a sweet, singular movie that loses its grip on satire Today 3:40 PM
- Jordan Peterson is in rehab for Klonopin addiction Today 3:34 PM
- The cat-worshipping turkey cult video, explained Today 3:22 PM
- Despite legal threats and drama, the Area 51 desert event is on Today 3:05 PM
- How to stream Yair Rodriguez vs. Jeremy Stephens on UFC Fight Night Today 3:00 PM
- Twitter just launched its ‘Hide Replies’ feature Today 1:59 PM
- How to turn off image metadata before it snitches on you Today 1:36 PM
- The ‘Breaking Bad’ movie is coming to theaters—for one weekend only Today 1:04 PM
- Teens recorded, shared videos of mall fight that ended in fatal stabbing Today 12:44 PM
- How to stream Giants vs. Buccaneers in Week 3 Today 12:31 PM
- Report: Ben Carson made transphobic comments at HUD meeting Today 12:30 PM
- Where to buy the Switch Lite and everything else you need to know Today 12:28 PM
Most of the internet is absolutely obsessed with Ariana Grande’s new single, “thank u, next.” The epic song thanking her exes is a hit already, but a misheard lyric had fans wondering who exactly Ariana was talking about when we referenced the relationship that would last.
Apple Music had the lyric written as: “But this one gon’ last / ‘Cause her name is Aubrey.”
Who is Aubrey, you ask? We have no idea because the correct lyric is actually: “But this one gon’ last / Cause her name is Ari.”
Given that the correct lyric makes a lot of more sense, people were quick to go off on Apple Music. Some simply asked for the mistake to be corrected.
“Fix the lyrics!!! It’s not Aubrey!!! It’s ARI!!!” one person tweeted to Apple Music.
Fix the lyrics!!! It’s not Aubrey!!! It’s ARI!!! pic.twitter.com/NwVjr9VCJZ— James Cruz (@JamesCruz0215) November 4, 2018
Others were confused. “Y’all hear Arianna say Aubrey or was that just me,” someone else asked.
y’all hear ariana say aubrey or was that just me pic.twitter.com/Yrz9AtG6ZQ— silly bitch (@visionsofgrande) November 4, 2018
Plenty of people wondered if Aubrey was a reference to Drake, whose legal first name is Aubrey.
she met someone new and her name is aubrey pic.twitter.com/GEqbVxBwXL— em (@quitsrevivaI) November 4, 2018
Another person on Twitter went along with the joke, sharing a photo of Ariana hugging … herself. “OMG I FOUND A PIC OF ARI AND AUBREY GUYS … they look so alike,” they tweeted.
Some couldn’t believe they got duped, tweeting “Me googling ‘Who is Aubrey’ when my dumb ass should have realized Ariana just didn’t enunciate “Ari” properly.”
Me googling "Who is Aubrey" when my dumb ass should have realized Ariana just didn't enunciate "Ari" properly pic.twitter.com/tRtoJI21DW— Sam Stryker (@sbstryker) November 4, 2018
Grande herself was quick to correct Apple Music on the mishap. “I said Ari fam,” she tweeted to Apple Music.
@AppleMusic i said Ari fam 🖤😭— Ariana Grande (@ArianaGrande) November 4, 2018
She threw a little shade their way by tweeted Spotify soon after saying “thanks for getting it right.”
@spotify thanks for getting it right 🖤— Ariana Grande (@ArianaGrande) November 4, 2018
At least we know the truth. Ari isn’t hiding any secret lovers. Just herself.
Gabrielle Sorto is an Atlanta-based freelance writer covering culture, lifestyle, and news. Her work has appeared in CNN, Teen Vogue, INSIDER, and Vice. She can usually be found writing with an overpriced coffee in hand or hanging out with her dog, Rihanna, who is named after exactly who you think.