- Man arrested after allegedly threatening to shoot YouTube employees 6 Years Ago
- Exclusive: House Democrats net neutrality strategy shifts month after passing major bill 6 Years Ago
- Thousands sign petition calling for Danny DeVito to play Wolverine Today 1:02 PM
- Jason Mitchell fired from ‘Desperados’ and ‘The Chi’ after misconduct allegations Today 12:36 PM
- Police raid Black woman’s house after white neighbor complains about loud Malcolm X speeches Today 12:20 PM
- ‘Transfixed’ says it’s a ‘breakthrough’ series, but it still fetishizes trans bodies Today 11:04 AM
- Senator proposes Do Not Track bill to allow consumers to opt out of data gathering Today 10:54 AM
- The Queen of the North likes to Juul Today 10:36 AM
- Nearly half of Juul’s Twitter followers can’t legally buy the product, study says Today 10:26 AM
- New Facebook Messenger scam tricks people into thinking they donated to ISIS Today 10:26 AM
- Film meme mocks ‘brilliant’ Daenerys shot in ‘Game of Thrones’ finale Today 10:13 AM
- YouTube love triangle: ProJared’s mistress Commander Holly makes startling accusations Today 10:05 AM
- Middle schoolers investigated for allegedly serving semen crepes to teachers Today 10:04 AM
- Memelord from Reddit’s r/The_Donald joins Trump onstage at rally Today 9:23 AM
- Read the wild list of demands Trump’s possible new immigration czar had Today 8:48 AM
Need to learn how to tie a Windsor knot? There’s a vine for that.
The easiest way to learn how to do something is often by seeing how it’s done. But what can you really teach someone in just six seconds?
Vine, the rising video-sharing network, is full of short tutorial videos that illustrate everything from how Wiz Khalifa sleeps on planes to how to “drive with a death wish,” according to Noah Sebastian. Some viners have adopted Tuesday as the de facto day to post such videos, using the hashtag #HowTuesday.
Much of the advice is hilariously useless, but there are a few gems out there. We’ll leave it to you to decide which is which. Here are some fun, strange, and insightful tips offered on Vine.
1) How to remove a stripped screw
2) How to do your makeup before date night
3) How to tie a Windsor knot
4) How to rearrange your roommate’s den
5) How to paint the deck and get a tan
6) How to smile
7) How to grill steaks
8) How to not pay attention
9) How to be honest when ordering Taco Bell
10) How to shop for rainbows with a baby
11) How to vine without using your hands
Photo by @k_rose_walk/Instagram
Based in Montreal, Kris Holt has been writing about technology and web culture since 2010. He writes for Engadget and Tech News World, and his byline has also appeared in Paste, Salon, International Business Times, Mashable, and elsewhere.