- Twitter begins rolling out new desktop redesign, and users aren’t happy 6 Years Ago
- Man asks his girlfriend to ‘unlove’ her ex—and people do not agree with him 6 Years Ago
- Relive a forgotten gem with the TurboGrafx-16 Mini console Today 1:09 PM
- Judge says Daily Stormer founder must pay $14 million for harassing Jewish realtor Today 1:01 PM
- Graphic depiction of suicide cut from Netflix’s ’13 Reasons Why’ Today 12:55 PM
- Streaming titles seize 2019 Emmy nominations Today 12:19 PM
- ‘Frankenstein’s Monster’s Monster, Frankenstein’ tries to find humor in bad actors Today 12:02 PM
- Democratic senator calls Facebook ‘dangerous’ during Libra cryptocurrency hearing Today 11:57 AM
- How ‘Kyle’ became synonymous with angry, Monster Energy-chugging white boys Today 11:22 AM
- Nearly impossible ‘Super Mario Maker 2’ level inspires memes Today 11:16 AM
- Madonna faces backlash for posting photos of her Black daughters with watermelon Today 10:44 AM
- Biden wants to challenge Trump to a push-up contest Today 10:00 AM
- Trump continues to tweet as House gears up to condemn his racist tweets Today 9:21 AM
- Your therapist probably wouldn’t approve of this meme Today 9:06 AM
- Batman Talisman finally lets the villains rule Gotham City Today 8:22 AM
Need to learn how to tie a Windsor knot? There’s a vine for that.
The easiest way to learn how to do something is often by seeing how it’s done. But what can you really teach someone in just six seconds?
Vine, the rising video-sharing network, is full of short tutorial videos that illustrate everything from how Wiz Khalifa sleeps on planes to how to “drive with a death wish,” according to Noah Sebastian. Some viners have adopted Tuesday as the de facto day to post such videos, using the hashtag #HowTuesday.
Much of the advice is hilariously useless, but there are a few gems out there. We’ll leave it to you to decide which is which. Here are some fun, strange, and insightful tips offered on Vine.
1) How to remove a stripped screw
2) How to do your makeup before date night
3) How to tie a Windsor knot
4) How to rearrange your roommate’s den
5) How to paint the deck and get a tan
6) How to smile
7) How to grill steaks
8) How to not pay attention
9) How to be honest when ordering Taco Bell
10) How to shop for rainbows with a baby
11) How to vine without using your hands
Photo by @k_rose_walk/Instagram
Based in Montreal, Kris Holt has been writing about technology and web culture since 2010. He writes for Engadget and Tech News World, and his byline has also appeared in Paste, Salon, International Business Times, Mashable, and elsewhere.