- No, the first words of Trump’s tweets don’t match up to lyrics of ‘Break My Stride’ Sunday 10:28 PM
- White woman demanding strangers ‘repent’ for Christ sparks conversation on mental illness and racism Sunday 9:27 PM
- Amtrak employee asked a NAACP lawyer to move from her train seat Sunday 7:54 PM
- Billie Eilish fans riot after being referred to as ‘Avocados’ Sunday 4:37 PM
- Beyhive coming for Sainsbury’s supermarket over Ivy Park shade Sunday 3:17 PM
- Antique store blasted for selling ‘white only’ signs Sunday 1:45 PM
- DaBaby explains altercation with hotel employee after video goes viral Sunday 12:32 PM
- Kanye faces backlash for headlining Christian event with anti-LGBTQ leaders Sunday 10:31 AM
- Why is Yennefer of Vengerberg so different in Netflix’s ‘The Witcher’? Sunday 10:00 AM
- Actress slammed for ‘acid attack-face’ TikTok challenge Sunday 9:46 AM
- ‘Weathering With You’ blends fantasy and realism in a magical love story Saturday 6:18 PM
- Kidnapped teen used Snapchat to get rescued Saturday 4:35 PM
- What fans do and don’t want to see in future ‘Far Cry’ installments Saturday 4:26 PM
- Aaron Carter accused of stealing lion art for merch Saturday 3:10 PM
- Instagram’s hidden like counts were inspired by a ‘Black Mirror’ episode Saturday 2:06 PM
Warning: This article contains descriptions of domestic abuse.
The clips first appeared on Twitter on Saturday night, via user @RevvOCE, Newsweek reported.
“Holy fuck you need to be put down like a sick dog, woman bashing scum bag,” @RevvOCE tweeted, tagging MrDeadMoth’s now-deleted Twitter account. The tweet also contains a video clip showing the abuse.
In the video, MrDeadMoth is apparently playing Fortnite and streaming it on Twitch. A woman, presumably his partner, comes in the room, asking him to stop playing the game.
“I will be out soon,” he says repeatedly, telling the woman to “fuck off.”
“Can you not? I said I’ll be out soon,” he says to her repeated requests for him to leave the game. He then throws down his keyboard and moves offscreen. Moments later, the sound of a slap rings out, and the woman starts crying.
“Don’t hit me in the face,” the woman says. In the background, a small child’s cries are audible.
“Do you hear that, all you people there? He hit me in the face,” the woman says, addressing MrDeadMoth’s streaming audience.
MrDeadMoth continues to yell at the woman, who says she had cooked dinner for them an hour ago.
After hitting the woman, MrDeadMoth comes back to the screen momentarily, only to rush out of frame again. Screams from the woman and child follow.
Newsweek reports that YouTuber KeemStar claimed both MrDeadMoth and the woman had been apprehended by authorities. This was disputed by Twitter user @Cylints, who claims that the man is in custody and the woman has been released, although neither claim can be independently verified as of this writing.
Confirmed: Luke / MrDeadMoth has been arrested no word of charges yet but the wife is clear of charges.— ً (@Cylints) December 9, 2018
MrDeadMoth’s YouTube channel is still up; a video titled “He’s Cute, Can we win?!” from October 2018 features him talking to a young child in the very beginning.
Update 11:49am CT, Dec. 10: The Washington Post reports that the gamer, identified as 26-year-old Luke James Munday by Australian media, had been arrested and charged with common assault by New South Wales police. The woman involved in the incident does not have serious injuries but was granted a protective order. The Post reports that a 3-year-old and a toddler were in the home at the time of the assault.
If you or someone you know is experiencing intimate partner violence, contact the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-7233, or https://www.thehotline.org/
Ellen Ioanes is the FOIA reporter at the Daily Dot, where she covers U.S. politics. She is a graduate of Columbia Journalism School, and her work has appeared in the Guardian, the Center for Public Integrity, HuffPost India, and more.