- Stans are using pictures of Beyoncé to catfish sugar daddies Tuesday 7:18 PM
- Wait, who the heck is Tom Steyer? Tuesday 7:17 PM
- Teacher caught on video in racist rant put on leave without pay Tuesday 5:44 PM
- Pornhub pulls Girls Do Porn videos amid sex trafficking charges Tuesday 4:49 PM
- Gina Rodriguez sings N-word on Instagram story Tuesday 4:41 PM
- Trump Jr. mocked for Hunter Biden tweet about profiting from dad’s name Tuesday 3:58 PM
- All the holiday movies and shows coming to Netflix in 2019 Tuesday 3:48 PM
- Smoke ’em, pass ’em Week 7: The QB blues Tuesday 3:29 PM
- Microsoft developing voice filters to block ‘toxic’ users on Xbox Live Tuesday 3:27 PM
- Jennifer Aniston already has 2 million followers on Instagram Tuesday 3:25 PM
- Why facials oils are a must for your winter skincare routine Tuesday 3:20 PM
- Father of mega-popular Ace Family YouTube channel accused of rape Tuesday 1:59 PM
- This Italian town ‘banned’ Google Maps after people kept getting lost Tuesday 1:31 PM
- Fornite emerges from black hole with Chapter 2 Tuesday 1:21 PM
- Everything Google announced at today’s Pixel event Tuesday 1:12 PM
Look, we all cried a little during the ending (and the beginning, and the middle) of Toy Story 3. Now it may be even harder to get through the movie once we know we’re looking at real-life toys instead of CG creations, judging from this incredible trailer for a full-length live action fan remake of the film.
The brothers have been working on the project since 2012, and quite frankly, it looks really well done despite the lengthy timeline. Each character may not be able to move their mouth, but you get the sense that the McGrew brothers have watched enough Toy Story to really understand the mannerisms of Rex, Mr. Potato Head, Buzz, and the rest. Some of the scenes shown in this trailer are almost shot-for-shot recreations of the original CG film, and the set design is spot on for a team working with, one assumes, very little budget.
The brothers plan on finishing the project sometime in 2019, given that they’ll both be starting school and moving on with their careers. Here’s what they wrote in the YouTube description:
For way too many years now, my brother and I (with the support of our awesome family and friends) have been working on a shot-for-shot recreation of Toy Story 3. This project has been an incredible undertaking, and we’ve made the decision to have this complete by 2019. At this time, I’m not quite sure what a release will look like, but I do know that this has to be done by next year. We’re both pursuing college and full-time careers right now, and it’s time to wrap this side-project up.
Stop-motion video can be a time-consuming endeavor, so I sympathize, but here’s hoping the brothers can actually finish the project before life gets too in the way. I can’t wait for an incinerator scene with real-life fire, thank you.
Joseph Knoop is a gaming writer for Daily Dot, a native Chicagoan, and a slave to all things Overwatch. He co-founded the college geek culture outlet ByteBSU, then interned at Game Informer, and now writes for a bunch websites his parents have never heard of.