- Is Trump defiling the U.S. flag in this MAGA dude’s artwork? Sunday 4:41 PM
- White woman claims she invented sleep bonnets, selling them for $100 Sunday 4:03 PM
- Even real cats are transfixed by the enigma that is the ‘Cats’ trailer Sunday 3:04 PM
- Wait, how tall is Peppa Pig? Sunday 1:55 PM
- Twitter suspends Iranian state media outlets for harassing members of a religious minority Sunday 1:06 PM
- Pro-MAGA pageant queen stripped of title over ‘offensive’ tweets Sunday 11:52 AM
- Marvel unveiled its Phase 4 plans at San Diego Comic-Con Sunday 9:16 AM
- How a queer Instagram is helping fight the opioid epidemic in Appalachia Sunday 6:30 AM
- Philadelphia to fire 13 officers for racist, violent Facebook posts Saturday 6:12 PM
- Nick Offerman is so down to play every single role in ‘Cats’ Saturday 4:27 PM
- Woman documents how airport staff broke her wheelchair Saturday 3:04 PM
- Funeral home allegedly posted photos of woman’s dead body on social media Saturday 1:56 PM
- Alinity Divine is being investigated after throwing her cat during stream (updated) Saturday 12:04 PM
- ‘Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee’ returns with Seinfeld making a racist joke about China Saturday 10:26 AM
- YouTubers Eugenia Cooney and Shane Dawson make a joint comeback Saturday 9:06 AM
Although Marvel describes the two-minute video as a trailer, it’s not a traditional one. It’s more of a behind-the-scenes video in which Marvel Editor-In-Chief C.B. Cebulski, editor Devin Lewis, and series writer Donny Cates hype up the story they’re telling as it previews some of the comic’s illustrations from Ryan Stegman, which loops in Venom and reintroduces Cletus Kasady, who’s also known as the supervillain Carnage.
“What’s so exciting for me about Absolute Carnage is not only does this touch on almost every Spider-Man character we’ve ever seen over the course of Marvel history, it touches on almost every character in the Marvel Universe. No character is gonna be left untouched by Absolute Carnage,” said Cebulski.
Here is the official description for the first issue, per Marvel’s website.
After turning Venom’s world upside down a year ago, DONNY CATES and RYAN STEGMAN are about to put the Sinister Symbiote through hell again, only this time CARNAGE has come calling, and everyone who’s ever worn a symbiote is dead in his sights! He’s skirted the periphery of the Marvel Universe for months, but Cletus Kasady at last stands poised to make his grand return to New York in a blistering triple-sized story…and he wants to paint the town red!
“We’ve given a serial murderer a nuclear bomb, essentially, and Cletus is gonna try and kill every single character that has ever worn a symbiote,” Cates explained. “Which, if you’ve been reading Marvel Comics, is damn near everyone. So everyone is a target, and I can guarantee you that not everyone’s gonna make it out.”
Absolute Carnage #1 will be released Aug. 7.
- The webs that link ‘Spider-Man: Far From Home’ with the MCU and other ‘Spider-Man’ stories
- The true villain of ‘Spider-Man: Far From Home’ is fake news
- All the Spider-Man movies, ranked
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.