- Is that Rosa Parks in random Twitter user’s baby photo? Tuesday 8:24 PM
- Syracuse students say white supremacist manifesto was AirDropped to them Tuesday 7:44 PM
- Florida woman gets prison time for throwing slushie at Matt Gaetz Tuesday 6:28 PM
- Marie Kondo’s online store slammed for selling clutter-worthy products Tuesday 5:34 PM
- People are rallying against toxic masculinity on International Men’s Day Tuesday 4:42 PM
- Reddit wants to stop its pro-Trump forum from outing the alleged whistleblower Tuesday 3:38 PM
- White woman calls cops on man who said he was visiting aunt with his kids Tuesday 3:12 PM
- ‘The Stranded’ is a flawed yet addictive blend of ‘Degrassi’ and ‘Lost’ Tuesday 2:45 PM
- The ‘gonna tell my kids’ meme is revisionist history at its most absurd Tuesday 2:24 PM
- Redditor asks former burglars to give home security tips Tuesday 2:18 PM
- Facebook-Breitbart partnership under fire in wake of new Stephen Miller emails Tuesday 2:00 PM
- John Krasinski under fire after praising the CIA Tuesday 1:46 PM
- Conservatives melt down after Chick-fil-A says it will stop donating to anti-LGBTQ orgs Tuesday 1:33 PM
- ‘Honey Boy’ is an experimental look at channeling trauma Tuesday 1:28 PM
- Disney+ now allows users to resume and restart content Tuesday 11:42 AM
Although Marvel describes the two-minute video as a trailer, it’s not a traditional one. It’s more of a behind-the-scenes video in which Marvel Editor-In-Chief C.B. Cebulski, editor Devin Lewis, and series writer Donny Cates hype up the story they’re telling as it previews some of the comic’s illustrations from Ryan Stegman, which loops in Venom and reintroduces Cletus Kasady, who’s also known as the supervillain Carnage.
“What’s so exciting for me about Absolute Carnage is not only does this touch on almost every Spider-Man character we’ve ever seen over the course of Marvel history, it touches on almost every character in the Marvel Universe. No character is gonna be left untouched by Absolute Carnage,” said Cebulski.
Here is the official description for the first issue, per Marvel’s website.
After turning Venom’s world upside down a year ago, DONNY CATES and RYAN STEGMAN are about to put the Sinister Symbiote through hell again, only this time CARNAGE has come calling, and everyone who’s ever worn a symbiote is dead in his sights! He’s skirted the periphery of the Marvel Universe for months, but Cletus Kasady at last stands poised to make his grand return to New York in a blistering triple-sized story…and he wants to paint the town red!
“We’ve given a serial murderer a nuclear bomb, essentially, and Cletus is gonna try and kill every single character that has ever worn a symbiote,” Cates explained. “Which, if you’ve been reading Marvel Comics, is damn near everyone. So everyone is a target, and I can guarantee you that not everyone’s gonna make it out.”
Absolute Carnage #1 will be released Aug. 7.
- The webs that link ‘Spider-Man: Far From Home’ with the MCU and other ‘Spider-Man’ stories
- The true villain of ‘Spider-Man: Far From Home’ is fake news
- All the Spider-Man movies, ranked
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.