- 2020 Democrats refuse to answer our questions about ‘Cats’ Today 4:14 PM
- Belle Delphine’s Instagram account removed after mass reporting campaign Today 4:08 PM
- Mariah Carey refuses old-age FaceApp challenge Today 3:19 PM
- Journalists horrified by consolidation of Gatehouse, Gannett Today 3:12 PM
- Facebook and Google could be tracking you on porn sites Today 1:42 PM
- 7 best sites for psychic love readings Today 1:20 PM
- Driver demonstrates why you always need to read road signs Today 12:58 PM
- Area 51 remix video proves it’s the summer of Lil Nas X Today 12:26 PM
- ‘ICE will come’: Convenience store clerk threatens customers speaking Spanish Today 12:11 PM
- Rand Paul dodges questions about 9/11 Victims Fund, says ‘watch Fox News’ Today 11:51 AM
- Report: ‘Stranger Things’ season 4 to begin shooting in October Today 11:03 AM
- AT&T paid Michael Cohen to consult on net neutrality, FBI documents show Today 9:10 AM
- Mysterio’s ruse changes on a second viewing of ‘Far From Home’ Today 9:06 AM
- Twitter overturns Barrett Brown’s third permanent suspension Today 8:49 AM
- How to live stream Liga MX Today 7:56 AM
Sometimes you just need to hang out in your poison-apple PJ’s.
If you asked the internet what Ralph Breaks the Internet: Wreck-It Ralph 2 was about, you’re bound to get a whole mess of different answers. While it’s generally assumed that it will be about the video game character Ralph saving the internet from … something, every trailer and promo screenshot has put a heavy focus on Disney princesses hanging out and having some girl time with Wreck-It Ralph protagonist Vanellope.
Entertainment Weekly acquired a brand new screenshot showing off Vanellope hanging out with the Disney princesses. Instead of wearing their usual dresses and adventuring outfits, however, they’re all wearing casual loungewear versions of their original costumes.
All the Disney princesses having a sleepover and acting like normal teenagers? Yes please! Look they even have the starbucks pic.twitter.com/KhZ1Qil8o5— EMMZI SEEING FALL OUT BOI AT WRIGLEY (@Emmzinoodle) August 11, 2018
Sharp-eyed readers will notice the graphic designs on some of the princesses’ shirts. Frozen’s Elsa and Anna are wearing a “Just Let It Go” and “Finish Each Other’s Sandwiches” shirt, respectively. Sleeping Beauty has a “Nap Queen” long sleeve on, and Snow White is wearing a shirt with an apple draped in poison that forms a skull. Who knew Snow White was so metal.
The latest trailer shows the ladies hanging out, listening to Brave’s Merida speaking in Gaelic, much to the confusion of all the others.
The new take on Disney’s princesses has Twitter afire with infatuation, with plenty of fans admiring the more casual identities each princess is expressing.
the Disney Princesses all lounging around in their casual wear in Wreck-It Ralph 2. all these screencaps of the princesses together makes me want them to have their own movie just hanging out, talking about boys + making fun of themselves with the princess requirements. pic.twitter.com/xTxnBKkEtq— lia (@RXMANSPHOENIX) August 9, 2018
Snow White wearing a shirt of the thing that almost murdered her is such a power move pic.twitter.com/jhxj07UXGr— Tristan Cooper (@TristanACooper) August 9, 2018
Mulan is arguably getting the most love for her red jacket and rolled-up jeans, a relaxed-yet-ready outfit. Artists have already started crafting countless bits of fan art.
Ok guys, Im floored by the overwhelming response I got from the Mulan fan-art. I dont intend to draw all girls from Ralph breaks the internet but picked my favorites from the bunch<3 Also thanks to those that pre-ordered my pins! T__T u guys are the best! https://t.co/uRq28aXZ1I pic.twitter.com/wiGa4XG5JR— Lissy Marlin (@LazyFish11) August 10, 2018
everyone say thankyou mulan pic.twitter.com/Z8IBBFP6G6— txuun (@tt_ddo) August 10, 2018
mulan, my mom pic.twitter.com/Plk9t59XYX— Julia Shi (@jul_shii) August 10, 2018
The previous Wreck-It Ralph trailer also showed off the princesses meeting Vanellope, who quickly establishes that she, too, has suffered under the yoke of casual misogyny after Tangled’s Rapunzel asks if everyone thinks her problems were solved once a man came into her life.
Wreck-It Ralph 2 will be released in theaters on Nov. 21, and it stars Wonder Woman actress Gal Gadot as a brand new character. Disney will likely include the film on its upcoming streaming service, set to release near the end of 2019.
Joseph Knoop is a gaming writer for Daily Dot, a native Chicagoan, and a slave to all things Overwatch. He co-founded the college geek culture outlet ByteBSU, then interned at Game Informer, and now writes for a bunch websites his parents have never heard of.