- YouTube star Bretman Rock goes off on fans who wanted selfies during his dad’s funeral 5 Years Ago
- The U.S. Army is reevaluating its use of TikTok after security concerns 5 Years Ago
- Nurse’s TikTok video accused of being insensitive to patient trauma Today 8:16 AM
- The tweet showing a man talking to a woman in a club is gone but not forgotten Today 8:00 AM
- Netflix’s ‘The Knight Before Christmas’ is gosh-darned hopeful Today 7:30 AM
- Harley Quinn strikes out alone in DC Universe’s new R-rated cartoon Today 7:00 AM
- Elon Musk’s Cybertruck mocked after ball busts windows during demonstration Today 12:23 AM
- Pornhub has a bundle now, Disney+ style Thursday 11:27 PM
- Jacob Wohl’s dad is selling horny calendars of himself for the soldiers Thursday 11:10 PM
- Amanda Palmer dragged for ‘demanding’ coverage of her music Thursday 8:33 PM
- How to get free TikTok followers without downloading a virus Thursday 7:57 PM
- Trump Jr.s ‘Triggered’ topped best-seller’s list with help of RNC Thursday 7:41 PM
- FBI raided millionaire YouTuber’s home, allegedly took everything Thursday 6:55 PM
- A fake Labour party website is spreading disinformation in Britain Thursday 6:16 PM
- Twitter bans cricket club for posting ISIS content in apparent hack Thursday 6:12 PM
Remember Pizza Hut’s Book It program? It’s back—for adults
Reading is even better with pizza.
If you grew up in the ‘80s or ‘90s, you probably remember the excitement of finishing a book and getting a sticker—a sticker that brought you one step closer to getting your own glorious personal pizza from Pizza Hut as part of Book It.
It’s been 30 years since the Book It program first started at Pizza Hut, and it’s still going strong. To celebrate the anniversary, the company is giving those of us who have been through the program a special treat: a Book It program just for adults! When you sign up for the Book It Alumni program your name and career are shared on an interactive map so you can see where other alums are located around the world. By signing up you also automatically get what we all worked for tirelessly as kids—a free, one-topping personal pizza.
“The number one thing we get asked by any adult who went through the program is can we please develop an adult version of the Book It Program. With the creation of the Book It Alumni page, we now have a destination to celebrate the positive memories that so many kids, now adults, have with the program,” program manager Shelley Morehead said in a statement.
Pizza Hut also released a video featuring Book It alumni, which includes a few familiar faces.
So what are you waiting for? Your Personal Pan Pizza awaits!
Lisa Granshaw reports on pop culture and geek fashion and is the founder of GeekFold. You can find her work on Syfy, Boing Boing, and Geek and Sundry.