- How to stream Packers vs. Lions on Monday Night Football Sunday 7:15 PM
- College students burned author’s books after she spoke about white privilege Sunday 6:28 PM
- Texas police officer fatally shoots Black woman in her own home Sunday 3:44 PM
- Milo Yiannopoulos’ website dangerous.com was sold Sunday 1:42 PM
- First YouTube comment to hit 1 million likes is on Billie Eilish’s ‘bad guy’ music video Sunday 12:36 PM
- Girl says she was fired over exposing how Panera makes its mac and cheese on TikTok Sunday 11:34 AM
- David Harbour teased fans about Hopper’s ‘Stranger Things’ fate on ‘SNL’ Sunday 10:24 AM
- Kacey Musgraves accused of cultural appropriation–and botching it Sunday 9:19 AM
- Rihanna defends Vogue writer who received backlash for ‘winging’ interview Sunday 8:36 AM
- Here are the best PC games to add to your list Sunday 8:20 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 8 Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Chargers on Sunday Night Football Saturday 7:20 PM
- Popular TikTok teens accused of pretending to be gay for clout Saturday 6:38 PM
- Scott Walker’s ‘$26 haircut’ dig at Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez backfires Saturday 4:46 PM
- Halle synagogue shooter allegedly posted manifesto on anime message board Saturday 4:06 PM
As Trump heads to Texas to survey the flooding and damage brought by Hurricane Harvey, a number of Twitter users have pointed out that the president is about to do exactly what he criticized former President Barack Obama for doing when Superstorm Sandy hit the east coast in 2012.
“Not only giving out money, but Obama will be seen today standing in water and rain like he is a real President — don’t fall for it,” Trump wrote on Oct. 30, 2012, adding a day later that “Obama is now standing in a puddle acting like a President–give me a break.”
Not only giving out money, but Obama will be seen today standing in water and rain like he is a real President --- don't fall for it.— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 30, 2012
Obama is now standing in a puddle acting like a President--give me a break.— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 31, 2012
Hurricane Harvey has devastated Houston and much of Texas’ Gulf Coast region, with more than 40 inches of rain falling since Thursday. The president is expected to arrive in Corpus Christi on Tuesday before traveling to Austin, the state’s capital.
While in Austin, Trump is expected to tour the Emergency Operations Center and receive briefings on the hurricane and damage.
Reports indicate that the president does not want to head to Houston and hamper the rescue and relocation efforts.
The irony of Trump doing exactly what he criticized Obama for doing was not lost on people. In fact, there is an entire Reddit community dedicated to finding old tweets of Trump’s that criticize things he’s doing as president.
always a tweet, etc... https://t.co/x0EjW3fI85— Chris Hayes (@chrislhayes) August 29, 2017
And there is always an old tweet for every occasion... here's a goodie https://t.co/vvMRBTPVTg— Kathie Manchester (@carloverkat1) August 29, 2017
It’s downright impressive.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).