- Beyoncé and Kelly Rowland were harassed by Jagged Edge as teens, Mathew Knowles says 2 Years Ago
- White nationalist Nick Fuentes is upset MTV aired his white nationalist views 2 Years Ago
- Juice WRLD had secret drug-littered Instagram, according to his ex-girlfriend 2 Years Ago
- Jersey City suspect posted anti-Semitic, anti-police materials online Today 10:30 AM
- Novaruu was banned from Twitch for 3 days—and she can’t understand why Today 10:12 AM
- Pete Buttigieg swears he’s not in the CIA Today 9:28 AM
- Greta Thunberg named ‘Time’ 2019 person of the year Today 9:28 AM
- The best gear and gadget gifts for Dad this holiday season Today 7:30 AM
- The 10 most important sci-fi films of the 2010s Today 7:00 AM
- Netflix advances beyond testosterone-fueled anime with subdued ‘Levius’ Today 6:00 AM
- Influencer accused of selling shirt she was supposed to promote Tuesday 8:42 PM
- Jameela Jamil dragged for comparing reproductive rights to landlord rights Tuesday 6:54 PM
- Trump campaign posts Thanos meme, totally misses point of ‘Endgame’ Tuesday 5:58 PM
- Petition calls for Apple to make a Baby Yoda emoji Tuesday 5:16 PM
- This BTS-Billie Eilish mashup is the most popular tweet of 2019 Tuesday 4:51 PM
As Trump heads to Texas to survey the flooding and damage brought by Hurricane Harvey, a number of Twitter users have pointed out that the president is about to do exactly what he criticized former President Barack Obama for doing when Superstorm Sandy hit the east coast in 2012.
“Not only giving out money, but Obama will be seen today standing in water and rain like he is a real President — don’t fall for it,” Trump wrote on Oct. 30, 2012, adding a day later that “Obama is now standing in a puddle acting like a President–give me a break.”
Not only giving out money, but Obama will be seen today standing in water and rain like he is a real President --- don't fall for it.— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 30, 2012
Obama is now standing in a puddle acting like a President--give me a break.— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 31, 2012
Hurricane Harvey has devastated Houston and much of Texas’ Gulf Coast region, with more than 40 inches of rain falling since Thursday. The president is expected to arrive in Corpus Christi on Tuesday before traveling to Austin, the state’s capital.
While in Austin, Trump is expected to tour the Emergency Operations Center and receive briefings on the hurricane and damage.
Reports indicate that the president does not want to head to Houston and hamper the rescue and relocation efforts.
The irony of Trump doing exactly what he criticized Obama for doing was not lost on people. In fact, there is an entire Reddit community dedicated to finding old tweets of Trump’s that criticize things he’s doing as president.
always a tweet, etc... https://t.co/x0EjW3fI85— Chris Hayes (@chrislhayes) August 29, 2017
And there is always an old tweet for every occasion... here's a goodie https://t.co/vvMRBTPVTg— Kathie Manchester (@carloverkat1) August 29, 2017
It’s downright impressive.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).