- Why you should drop everything and start reading ‘Lore Olympus’ Friday 6:27 PM
- ‘Boogaloo’ memes are trying to organize a second civil war—and they’re spreading fast Friday 3:48 PM
- People are disturbed by these McDonald’s-scented candles Friday 3:47 PM
- Season 2 of ‘The Witcher’ is in production Friday 3:16 PM
- Here are some cringey billboards Bloomberg ran in Arizona Friday 2:51 PM
- PewDiePie returns to YouTube after 37-day hiatus Friday 2:01 PM
- Why was a Republican Party Facebook page co-managed by someone in Turkmenistan? Friday 1:26 PM
- The shorthand guide to ‘Star Wars: The Clone Wars’ Friday 1:07 PM
- Congress urges Tinder to screen for sex offenders Friday 1:03 PM
- Video shows 9-year-old threatening suicide after being bullied Friday 12:01 PM
- Ex-Goldman Sachs CEO says he might vote Trump because Sanders is too mean to him Friday 11:40 AM
- Twitch streamer says she was banned for body painting Friday 11:39 AM
- Did BTS fans really cause TikTok to crash? (updated) Friday 11:08 AM
- People are selling homemade tampons on Etsy Friday 11:01 AM
- ‘Hunters’ review: Amazon’s Nazi-hunting series was a great idea, in theory Friday 10:47 AM
Fox News pundit Tomi Lahren apparently had a very shitty Thanksgiving because, according to her, watching the United States “defend our borders” was the best part of it.
Lahren made the remarks on Twitter after United States Border Patrol agents reportedly fired tear gas at migrants at the U.S.-Mexico border on Sunday. CNN reported that around 500 migrants tried to cross the border before tear gas was used to disperse them. While a large number of people approached the border peacefully, some threw rocks and bottles, according to the Washington Post, resulting in the closure of the port of entry in San Ysidro, California.
Milano, in response to Trump, said the US “tear-gassed women and children… on Thanksgiving weekend.”
That seemed to spark Lahren, who proclaimed that the situation at the border was the highlight of her Thanksgiving weekend. Lahren wasn’t the only one who was enthusiastic about the crisis, but her response was perhaps the most vociferous.
“Bum-rushing the border is a CHOICE and has consequences. Watching the USA FINALLY defend our borders was the HIGHLIGHT of my Thanksgiving weekend,” she wrote, adding a number of emojis.
Bum-rushing the border is a CHOICE and has consequences. Watching the USA FINALLY defend our borders was the HIGHLIGHT of my Thanksgiving weekend. 🙌🏼🙌🏼🙌🏼 https://t.co/jAkfcgzRuN— Tomi Lahren (@TomiLahren) November 26, 2018
The tweet from the Fox News host didn’t sit well with people online, with many pointing out that the crisis at the border was an odd choice to be the ‘highlight’ of anyone’s Thanksgiving.
This is truly what evil looks like. https://t.co/2FtzjyRPNx— El Mero Mero (@thebronx83) November 26, 2018
That was the highlight of your weekend? You need to get out more. https://t.co/KzCMTCGGOd— Bumble Jack Drinks Piss (@TheChrisLapakko) November 26, 2018
I'm sorry but if that was your highlight of Thanksgiving you are a sad and misguided human being. https://t.co/bPPO3xU2nu— Devin S. (@DevinSeiger) November 26, 2018
If watching desperate men, women and children choke and be temporarily blinded by tear gas was the highlight of your Thanksgiving, please make an appointment to see a counselor immediately. There are substantial underlying issues. https://t.co/3PClkXlehH— Mike Stuchbery 💀🍷 (@MikeStuchbery_) November 26, 2018
This isn’t the first time Lahren has made some ill-fated Thanksgiving-related tweets. Last year, she posted a crude photoshop of former NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick kneeling while U.S. troops stormed the beach on D-Day.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).