- How to check if Yahoo owes you $358 10 Months Ago
- How to stream Bears vs. Redskins on Monday Night Football Today 7:00 AM
- What are the best alternatives to the electoral college? Today 6:30 AM
- The best PS4 games you can’t play anywhere else Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 Emmy Awards Today 5:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 5 Today 4:00 AM
- Former developer at software company deletes his code to protest its ties to ICE Saturday 4:21 PM
- A mysterious website is doxing Hong Kong protesters and journalists Saturday 1:44 PM
- The best ‘Skyrim’ followers and how to get them Saturday 1:26 PM
- Why Joel Osteen gets cyberbullied every time Houston floods Saturday 12:40 PM
- How to stream Jets vs. Patriots in Week 3 Saturday 12:39 PM
- 10 indie dating simulator games you should be playing Saturday 12:31 PM
- How to stream Packers vs. Broncos in Week 3 Saturday 12:14 PM
- Saudi crown prince’s former adviser suspended from Twitter Saturday 11:57 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Dolphins in Week 3 Saturday 11:57 AM
Fox News pundit Tomi Lahren apparently had a very shitty Thanksgiving because, according to her, watching the United States “defend our borders” was the best part of it.
Lahren made the remarks on Twitter after United States Border Patrol agents reportedly fired tear gas at migrants at the U.S.-Mexico border on Sunday. CNN reported that around 500 migrants tried to cross the border before tear gas was used to disperse them. While a large number of people approached the border peacefully, some threw rocks and bottles, according to the Washington Post, resulting in the closure of the port of entry in San Ysidro, California.
Milano, in response to Trump, said the US “tear-gassed women and children… on Thanksgiving weekend.”
That seemed to spark Lahren, who proclaimed that the situation at the border was the highlight of her Thanksgiving weekend. Lahren wasn’t the only one who was enthusiastic about the crisis, but her response was perhaps the most vociferous.
“Bum-rushing the border is a CHOICE and has consequences. Watching the USA FINALLY defend our borders was the HIGHLIGHT of my Thanksgiving weekend,” she wrote, adding a number of emojis.
Bum-rushing the border is a CHOICE and has consequences. Watching the USA FINALLY defend our borders was the HIGHLIGHT of my Thanksgiving weekend. 🙌🏼🙌🏼🙌🏼 https://t.co/jAkfcgzRuN— Tomi Lahren (@TomiLahren) November 26, 2018
The tweet from the Fox News host didn’t sit well with people online, with many pointing out that the crisis at the border was an odd choice to be the ‘highlight’ of anyone’s Thanksgiving.
This is truly what evil looks like. https://t.co/2FtzjyRPNx— El Mero Mero (@thebronx83) November 26, 2018
That was the highlight of your weekend? You need to get out more. https://t.co/KzCMTCGGOd— The Chris Lapakko 🌹 (@TheChrisLapakko) November 26, 2018
I'm sorry but if that was your highlight of Thanksgiving you are a sad and misguided human being. https://t.co/bPPO3xU2nu— Devin S. (@DevinSeiger) November 26, 2018
If watching desperate men, women and children choke and be temporarily blinded by tear gas was the highlight of your Thanksgiving, please make an appointment to see a counselor immediately. There are substantial underlying issues. https://t.co/3PClkXlehH— Mike Stuchbery💀🍷 (@MikeStuchbery_) November 26, 2018
This isn’t the first time Lahren has made some ill-fated Thanksgiving-related tweets. Last year, she posted a crude photoshop of former NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick kneeling while U.S. troops stormed the beach on D-Day.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).