- Guy who runs Trump Organization Twitter account caught hyping up own tweet Sunday 4:51 PM
- People found out how tall Olaf is–and now ‘Frozen’ is terrifying Sunday 3:41 PM
- Rapper Juice WRLD dead at 21 Sunday 3:02 PM
- Embody Andrew Yang, fight other presidential candidates in video game Sunday 2:33 PM
- Ariana Grande spoke with TikTok teen who looks exactly like her Sunday 1:00 PM
- Beyoncé accused of paying dancers ‘low rates’ Sunday 11:58 AM
- Timmy Thick blasted for saying the N-word in comeback video Sunday 9:11 AM
- Netflix’s ‘The Confession Killer’ is a devastating and well-built portrait of a con artist Sunday 8:00 AM
- Swipe This! I’m ashamed to tell anyone about my online shopping habit Sunday 6:00 AM
- UPS facing backlash for thanking police after employee killed in shootout Saturday 5:02 PM
- Sanders campaign fires staffer after anti-Semitic, homophobic tweets surface Saturday 3:13 PM
- Brother Nature was attacked, says everyone just watched with phones out Saturday 2:45 PM
- Ryan Reynolds’ gin company hires Peloton wife for ad Saturday 1:24 PM
- Ex-vegan YouTuber accused of fraud after following meat-only diet Saturday 1:11 PM
- The 15 best Disney+ hidden gems and deep cuts Saturday 12:23 PM
During a political rally wherein President Donald Trump led a chant calling for a Muslim congresswoman to be deported, the president took time out to say hello to a baby.
But not just any baby, a baby wearing a shirt with the letter “Q” on it who was attending his Wednesday evening rally in Greenville, North Carolina.
It may seem innocent, but many people believe that the president of the United States is secretly working to out pedophiles within the Democratic party and the deep state, and the missives about the mission are being posted on 8chan by an anonymous source within the administration known as “QAnon.” It’s a long-running internet conspiracy.
Many people believe this, many of these people attend Trump rallies, and many of them proudly display their QAnon merch for the world to see.
As with any allusion Trump remotely makes to the 17th letter in the alphabet, him calling the baby “beautiful” was seen online as a secret message to backers and believers.
Yesterday’s rally also came on July 17, further causing an internet freak-out.
Q themselves shared news of the child that was (probably not) promised, calling the odds Trump would point to a baby wearing a Q shirt outside the “standard deviation” of the norm.
The baby’s politics remain unclear.
- The inside story of how QAnon derailed a charter school’s annual fundraiser
- How the QAnon conspiracy tore this relationship apart
- Trump retweets a major QAnon account spreading Islamophobia
- Inside the feud between the internet’s biggest Q supporter and a pro-MAGA PAC
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]