- Trump Jr. ranked No. 1 on best-seller list—after the GOP gave away copies of his book 6 Days Ago
- Mo’Nique suing Netflix for race and gender discrimination 6 Days Ago
- Students outraged that professors accused of sexual misconduct are still teaching 6 Days Ago
- TikTok users jokingly wear big hats to sneak snacks into movie theaters Today 3:59 PM
- Why today’s new facially recognition bill is being called ‘woefully’ inadequate Today 3:15 PM
- Facebook has given more user data to the government than ever before Today 2:57 PM
- Instagram included in Facebook transparency report for the first time Today 1:46 PM
- PayPal pulls out of Pornhub, leaving sex workers to consider cryptocurrency Today 1:46 PM
- Billionaires are resorting to making racist jokes against Warren now Today 1:30 PM
- What is the meme of the decade? Today 1:07 PM
- At least 5 employees resign from GitHub, citing ICE contract Today 12:57 PM
- The ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ redesign was led by a ‘Sonic’ artist Today 12:17 PM
- The 16-inch MacBook Pro is a beast, and it has a decent keyboard Today 11:24 AM
- This group is scanning thousands of faces in Congress today to protest facial recognition Today 11:09 AM
- Why is everyone debating Pete Buttigieg’s Medicare for All stance? Today 10:47 AM
Nick Fuentes, a white nationalist host of a far-right YouTube show, may have been riding high from having Ben Shapiro rebuke him and his far-right followers for thirty minutes last night during a Stanford speech, but he also just lost a way to connect with newfound fans.
Because last night Fuentes was booted from Reddit.
Reddit banned Fuentes’ main subreddit, r/AFwithNJF, named after his YouTube show “America First with Nick J. Fuentes.”
The subreddit purportedly had 4,000 subscribers, and featured everything from memes of Fuentes holding knives to disparaging remarks about gay couples.
Findings by The Daily Dot also reveal the subreddit was a place for Fuentes’ followers to expose and target individuals whom they despise.
Reddit did not respond to a request for comment from the Daily Dot.
Fuentes, along with his followers, have recently been showing up at conservative campus speeches to challenge speakers such as Charlie Kirk and Shapiro over their views.
Fuentes, a white nationalist, argues their policy viewpoints don’t go far enough to stop immigration and don’t address a “demographic change,” which he views as a threat to a “white majority” in the United States.
According to the note which Reddit has posted on the now-banned subreddit, the page was shut down for “creating or repurposing a sub to reconstitute or serve the same objective as a previously banned or quarantined subreddit.”
BREAKING:— r/AFwithNJF (@AFwNJF) November 8, 2019
r/AFwithNJF has just been banned.
Unfortunately, we will NOT be making another one.
We had over 4,000 people subscribed 😪
Press F to pay respects pic.twitter.com/uLL4m62N6z
Prior to the America First subreddit ban, other Reddit pages associated with Fuentes and his followers were also banned, including r/nickernation.
Fuentes did not respond to the Daily Dot’s request for comment.
Previously, he has claimed to be “two percent African” and “twenty-five percent Mexican,” which says helps him to “not get banned” from social media.
Today in this Nick Fuentes & Jesse Lee Peterson interview, Fuentes alleges he is "25 percent Mexican" and "2 percent African," which he declares helps him not get banned from social media... pic.twitter.com/Fo7WLAOgGH— Zachary Petrizzo (@ZTPetrizzo) November 6, 2019
Fuentes denies he is a white nationalist.
The 21-year-old leader of nickernation has also been booted off of Twitch, a live streaming service. Fuentes went off on a profanity-laced rant against Twitch in light of the ban.
Twitch did not respond to a request for comment on why Fuentes was banned.
Fuentes’s followers responded to the Reddit ban by voicing their opinions on Twitter, smearing the site as being “gay” and “cringe.”
Big F reddit admins are gay— UnironicGamer (@UnironicGamer) November 8, 2019
Reddit is gay anyway— Slumgullion (@88888Npc) November 8, 2019
Reddit is a Chinese-owned company with hardcore leftist mods, of course they hate the America First movement.— MillennialFash(ion) (@Richard45669565) November 8, 2019
Twitter and YouTube did not return comments to the Daily Dot regarding whether they plan to take similar action against Fuentes.
Zachary Petrizzo is an undergraduate student at George Mason University and a Washington, D.C. based journalist.