- How to watch ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ season 2 for free 1 Year Ago
- How to watch ‘Supernatural’ online for free 1 Year Ago
- How to watch ‘Million Dollar Listing Los Angeles’ online free Today 5:00 AM
- The trailer for the final episodes of ‘Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt’ is here Today 1:52 AM
- Guy gets roasted for throwing razor in the toilet to protest Gillette Wednesday 9:23 PM
- Experts warn of uptick in ‘Ryuk’ ransomware after hackers net $3.7 million Wednesday 7:03 PM
- Video game composer boycotts Gillette after anti-toxic masculinity ad Wednesday 6:05 PM
- Steve Carell sitcom ‘Space Force’ heading to Netflix Wednesday 5:30 PM
- Ocasio-Cortez’s ‘run train’ phrase becomes conservative sex controversy Wednesday 5:25 PM
- ‘Into’ is a reminder that queer businesses can be hurt by straight leaders Wednesday 5:13 PM
- TSA agents are the latest tool in the government shutdown meme war Wednesday 4:22 PM
- YouTube still hosting bestiality images year after crackdown pledge Wednesday 4:13 PM
- YouTuber quits fight after Darth Vader fan film claimed by Disney Wednesday 3:26 PM
- Millions of Fortnite accounts exposed via Epic Games website exploit Wednesday 2:26 PM
- A man found a camera in his Airbnb and the company didn’t seem to care Wednesday 2:00 PM
Neo-Nazi site Daily Stormer is back on the web as Punished Stormer (Update)
The neo-Nazi website has been denied a host by several companies.
Daily Stormer, the notorious neo-Nazi and white supremacist website, is back on the open web under a new domain name.
The website, known for its racist, homophobic, misogynistic, and anti-semitic content, was denied by several web hosting companies in recent weeks following its vulgar response to the violence that occurred in Charlottesville, Virginia, as a result of a group of white supremacists holding a rally in the college town.
Several hosting companies pulled the plug on the Daily Stormer, forcing it to go onto the dark web. It’s new domain, punishedstormer.com, popped up online on Thursday. However, as of Friday morning, the site is again offline.
According to the site’s WhoIs records, the punishedstormer.com domain is hosted by DreamHost.
DreamHost did not immediately return a request for comment by the Daily Dot. In response to a user on Twitter, DreamHost said it was investigating the issue.
We appreciate that this is a sensitive issue and are discussing and reviewing our policies internally. Thanks for speaking up. *MT
— DreamHost Care (@DreamHostCare) August 24, 2017
As Gizmodo reports, punishedstormer.com moved its registration back to GoDaddy, the very registrar that first dropped Daily Stormer after Charlottesville, sending it fleeing around the internet for a new home.
In a post on the Stormer’s website, the website’s creator, Andrew Anglin, posted a diatribe explaining how several internet hosting companies denied him service and lamenting what he sees as an affront to free speech.
“We are live on the real internet. For the time being,” Anglin wrote. “I don’t know how long this will last, but we’ll see. The company that is registering our domain could be the hero the internet has been waiting for.”
In the post, Anglin compares himself to Goldstein in the novel 1984 for being a “man who stood against the system.”
Anglin also addresses “new people” who are visiting the site and defends his beliefs.
“I am not actually a ‘Neo-Nazi White Supremacist,’” Anglin wrote. “I don’t even know what that is. The media, while using this term nonstop, has refused to provide any definition of what it actually means. And while I am allegedly the most popular ‘Neo-Nazi White Supremacist’ in all of history – and I am certainly the most punished – I do not personally know what it means.”
Anglin is directing readers to download the Tor Browser, which will allow them to access the site’s dark web version.
You can read more about Anglin at the Southern Poverty Law Center.
Update 12:05pm CT, Aug. 24: DreamHost is reportedly undergoing a distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attack as a result of it hosting the revived Daily Stormer site.
DreamHost began hosting the newest version of the Daily Stormer website. Promptly hit with massive DDoS attack. https://t.co/v8wbhQ7YM2
— Tom Winter (@Tom_Winter) August 24, 2017
Update 7:17am CT, Aug. 25: The punishedstormer.com domain no longer works. The domain was forced off DreamHost and then moved to GoDaddy, which appears to have also dropped the domain yet again.
Additional reporting by Andrew Couts.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).