- Instagram struggles to remove photos of Bianca Devins’ dead body 1 Year Ago
- ‘Storm Area 51’ creator says its gotten so big he’s worried about the FBI 1 Year Ago
- Everyone loves Q baby, the baby who apparently supports QAnon Today 9:53 AM
- Thread about ‘depression meals’ is inspiring lots of relatable answers Today 9:36 AM
- How long is ‘Avengers: Infinity War’? Today 9:30 AM
- Rand Paul ripped for halting 9/11 Victim Fund re-authorization bill Today 9:18 AM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Hulu in August 2019 Today 7:00 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ creators drop out of Comic-Con at last minute Today 6:38 AM
- Inside Britt McHenry’s war on women Today 6:30 AM
- The glorious highs and unexpected quirks of 4K streaming Today 6:00 AM
- Southwest Airlines passengers receive free Nintendo Switch consoles and Mario Maker 2 Wednesday 9:10 PM
- The Deplorable Choir drops diss track aimed at 4 congresswomen from Trump’s racist tweets Wednesday 8:09 PM
- Florida city is pushing homeless people out by playing ‘Baby Shark’ on a loop Wednesday 7:27 PM
- A ‘Gossip Girl’ reboot is coming to HBO Max–and fans are not happy with the casting details Wednesday 6:44 PM
- Beto can’t leverage his slave owner ancestry to gain Black voters’ trust Wednesday 5:51 PM
The InfoWars founder hosted an emergency livestream after the controversial news broke Friday evening, and he seemed emotional, at one point breaking out in tears.
“Welp, Trump’s now a fraud,” he said. “Done.”
Jones seemed particularly disturbed that the president had broken his previously anti-interventionist stance. He likened the situation to his own ex-wife’s custody of their children, choking up as he said: “They said if you just turn against Trump it would be better, but he was doing good, and that’s what makes it so bad … If he had been a piece a crap from the beginning, it wouldn’t be so bad. But we made so many sacrifices. And now he’s crapping all over us; it makes me sick.”
Alex Jones on Trump launching strikes in Syria... pic.twitter.com/FkPt3xnok4— Andrew Peng (@TheAPJournalist) April 14, 2018
Later in the same stream, Jones declared that the president is “compromised” and yelled about “dirtbag Hillary.”
This just happened too. pic.twitter.com/yymrX1YVqI— Andrew Peng (@TheAPJournalist) April 14, 2018
Jones, though, isn’t the only Trump supporter to find disappointment in his Syria decision, especially those who believed his America First promise.
Christine Friar is a writer and editor in New York who focuses on streaming entertainment and internet culture. Her work has appeared in the Awl, the Fader, New York Magazine, Paper Magazine, Vogue, Elle, and more.