- Marvel unveiled its Phase 4 plans at San Diego Comic-Con Today 9:16 AM
- How a queer Instagram is helping fight the opioid epidemic in Appalachia Today 6:30 AM
- Philadelphia to fire 13 officers for racist, violent Facebook posts Saturday 6:12 PM
- Nick Offerman is so down to play every single role in ‘Cats’ Saturday 4:27 PM
- Woman documents how airport staff broke her wheelchair Saturday 3:04 PM
- Funeral home allegedly posted photos of woman’s dead body on social media Saturday 1:56 PM
- Alinity Divine is being investigated after throwing her cat during stream (updated) Saturday 12:04 PM
- ‘Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee’ returns with Seinfeld making a racist joke about China Saturday 10:26 AM
- YouTubers Eugenia Cooney and Shane Dawson make a joint comeback Saturday 9:06 AM
- The crushing effects of Trump’s abortion ‘gag rule’ on healthcare Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to live stream Pacquiao vs. Thurman Saturday 6:20 AM
- Review: Hulu with Live TV ensures you always have something to watch Saturday 6:00 AM
- How to live stream UFC on ESPN 4: Rafael dos Anjos vs. Leon Edwards Saturday 5:49 AM
- 2020 Democrats refuse to answer our questions about ‘Cats’ Friday 4:14 PM
- Belle Delphine’s Instagram account removed after mass reporting campaign Friday 4:08 PM
These 40 secret graphics will surprise your friends and coworkers.
In recent years, emoticons have become part of our digital language. Universally understandable, a simple graphic can often be more effective in conveying your meaning in a quick, concise manner than language.
Standard Skype emoticons
You can access Skype’s standard emoticon options by clicking the smiley face icon at the bottom right of your chat window.
This gives you the option to insert a wide variety of emoticons. Use the gray arrows at the bottom of the pop-up window to scroll through the categories available.
As well as emoticons, Skype offers “Mojis,” short video clips of classic TV and film moments or animations.
Hidden Skype emoticons
In addition to the emoticons and smilies that appear in the standard menu, Skype offers some secret “hidden emoticons” that you can liven up your chats—if you know the correct keyboard shortcuts.
Skype (skype) (ss)
Smoking (smoking) (smoke) (ci)
Gotta run (gottarun)
Pool party (poolparty)
Good luck (goodluck)
Can you talk? (canyoutalk)
Hold on (holdon)
Let’s meet (letsmeet)
What’s going on? (whatsgoingon)
Santa (santa) (xmas) (christmas)
Xmas tree (xmastree) (christmastree)
Holiday spirit (holidayspirit) (crazyxmas)
Festive party (festiveparty) (partyxmas)
Dancing Thanksgiving Turkey (turkey) (turkeydancing) (thanksgiving)
LFC Clap (LFCclap)
LFC Facepalm (LFCfacepalm)
LFC Laugh (LFClaugh)
LFC Party (LFCparty)
LFC Worried (LFCworried)
Amy-Mae Turner is a tech reporter who focuses on gadgets, streaming entertainment, social media, and internet lingo. She previously served as a senior features writer for Mashable.