- Bug lets Twitter save your DMs—even after you delete them Friday 7:21 PM
- Guy mansplains song to Japanese Breakfast, the female artist who wrote the song Friday 6:38 PM
- Ann Coulter’s Twitter bio links to a vulgar parody account Friday 5:22 PM
- Popular YouTube music channel gets income yanked for ‘repetitious’ content Friday 4:14 PM
- New website will endlessly generate fake faces thanks to AI Friday 3:41 PM
- Man fakes getting stood up at Outback Steakhouse Friday 3:03 PM
- FCC looks to tackle robocalls and spoofed texts Friday 2:57 PM
- How to protect yourself from the data breach that affected 744 million accounts Friday 12:56 PM
- How to stream Rob Brant vs. Khasan Baysangurov online for free Friday 12:21 PM
- No, Ocasio-Cortez doesn’t have her boyfriend on her payroll Friday 12:20 PM
- Writers want this book canceled for misgendering its protagonist Friday 12:15 PM
- Trump Jr’s meme about his dad’s border wall doesn’t get how Congress works Friday 11:44 AM
- FBI reportedly looking into Ryan Adams’ communications with underage girl Friday 11:25 AM
- Trump does Chinese accent, declares national emergency, bewilders the internet Friday 11:21 AM
- Chrissy Teigen throws shade at Logan Paul-Kaitlin Bennett pairing Friday 10:48 AM
These 40 secret graphics will surprise your friends and coworkers.
In recent years, emoticons have become part of our digital language. Universally understandable, a simple graphic can often be more effective in conveying your meaning in a quick, concise manner than language.
Standard Skype emoticons
You can access Skype’s standard emoticon options by clicking the smiley face icon at the bottom right of your chat window.
This gives you the option to insert a wide variety of emoticons. Use the gray arrows at the bottom of the pop-up window to scroll through the categories available.
As well as emoticons, Skype offers “Mojis,” short video clips of classic TV and film moments or animations.
Hidden Skype emoticons
In addition to the emoticons and smilies that appear in the standard menu, Skype offers some secret “hidden emoticons” that you can liven up your chats—if you know the correct keyboard shortcuts.
Skype (skype) (ss)
Smoking (smoking) (smoke) (ci)
Gotta run (gottarun)
Pool party (poolparty)
Good luck (goodluck)
Can you talk? (canyoutalk)
Hold on (holdon)
Let’s meet (letsmeet)
What’s going on? (whatsgoingon)
Santa (santa) (xmas) (christmas)
Xmas tree (xmastree) (christmastree)
Holiday spirit (holidayspirit) (crazyxmas)
Festive party (festiveparty) (partyxmas)
Dancing Thanksgiving Turkey (turkey) (turkeydancing) (thanksgiving)
LFC Clap (LFCclap)
LFC Facepalm (LFCfacepalm)
LFC Laugh (LFClaugh)
LFC Party (LFCparty)
LFC Worried (LFCworried)
Amy-Mae Turner is a tech reporter who focuses on gadgets, streaming entertainment, social media, and internet lingo. She previously served as a senior features writer for Mashable.