- Hong Kong protesters wear LeBron James masks Wednesday 7:58 PM
- Gina Rodriguez has said N-word before, Twitter discovers Wednesday 6:54 PM
- How to stream Chiefs vs. Broncos on Thursday Night Football Wednesday 6:00 PM
- Feds take down dark web’s largest known child porn site Wednesday 5:33 PM
- Ben Shapiro says his ‘man body’ is just as controlled as women’s Wednesday 5:06 PM
- Genius turns Kylie Jenner’s ‘rise and shine’ meme into alarm ringtone Wednesday 4:14 PM
- In ‘Tell Me Who I Am,’ twin brothers grapple with hidden trauma Wednesday 4:13 PM
- Panama Papers law firm sues Netflix over ‘The Laundromat’ Wednesday 3:07 PM
- ‘Motherless Brooklyn’ is a gorgeous noir with little below the surface Wednesday 1:14 PM
- Jameela Jamil and Sara Sampaio got in a Twitter feud over ‘long-starved’ models Wednesday 12:52 PM
- Freddie Prinze Jr. will straight-up school you about the Force don’t @ him Wednesday 12:18 PM
- Woman hosts Instagram funeral after she ‘killed’ $102K in student debt Wednesday 11:45 AM
- YouTube beats Netflix as go-to streaming platform for teens Wednesday 11:41 AM
- The tallest man in America posts emotional YouTube video from hospital room Wednesday 11:31 AM
- Nintendo Switch subreddit implodes amid Hong Kong protests Wednesday 11:14 AM
In recent years, emoticons have become part of our digital language. Universally understandable, a simple graphic can often be more effective in conveying your meaning in a quick, concise manner than language.
Standard Skype emoticons
You can access Skype’s standard emoticon options by clicking the smiley face icon at the bottom right of your chat window.
This gives you the option to insert a wide variety of emoticons. Use the gray arrows at the bottom of the pop-up window to scroll through the categories available.
As well as emoticons, Skype offers “Mojis,” short video clips of classic TV and film moments or animations.
Hidden Skype emoticons
In addition to the emoticons and smilies that appear in the standard menu, Skype offers some secret “hidden emoticons” that you can liven up your chats—if you know the correct keyboard shortcuts.
Skype (skype) (ss)
Smoking (smoking) (smoke) (ci)
Gotta run (gottarun)
Pool party (poolparty)
Good luck (goodluck)
Can you talk? (canyoutalk)
Hold on (holdon)
Let’s meet (letsmeet)
What’s going on? (whatsgoingon)
Santa (santa) (xmas) (christmas)
Xmas tree (xmastree) (christmastree)
Holiday spirit (holidayspirit) (crazyxmas)
Festive party (festiveparty) (partyxmas)
Dancing Thanksgiving Turkey (turkey) (turkeydancing) (thanksgiving)
LFC Clap (LFCclap)
LFC Facepalm (LFCfacepalm)
LFC Laugh (LFClaugh)
LFC Party (LFCparty)
LFC Worried (LFCworried)
Amy-Mae Turner is a tech reporter who focuses on gadgets, streaming entertainment, social media, and internet lingo. She previously served as a senior features writer for Mashable.