- ‘Deadpool’ screenwriter says that Disney sequel will still be R-rated 2 Years Ago
- #DeleteFacebook trends amid report of Zuckerberg meeting with prominent conservatives: 2 Years Ago
- The Pixelbook Go is Google’s first attempt at a mid-range Chromebook 2 Years Ago
- All the games coming to Google Stadia 2 Years Ago
- Google just announced a line of Nest-branded smart home products Today 10:36 AM
- ‘Fake news’ is helping conspiracy theorists deny Turkish atrocities Today 10:15 AM
- YouTuber immediately loses gig with Sanders campaign over sexualized MLK video Today 9:59 AM
- John Bolton becomes the most uncomfortable resistance hero yet Today 9:16 AM
- Robert Eggers on the long, hard road to ‘The Lighthouse’ Today 9:10 AM
- How to watch the fourth 2020 Democratic debate Today 9:00 AM
- Is social media normalizing cultural appropriation? Today 7:45 AM
- Zoë Kravitz will play Catwoman after being told she was too ‘urban’ for ‘Dark Knight Rises’ Today 6:36 AM
- The 5 best Spike Lee movies Today 5:00 AM
- Jesse Eisenberg and Imogen Poots visit suburban hell in ‘Vivarium’ Today 4:30 AM
- Spoiler-free review: HBO’s ‘Watchmen’ leans into the comic’s political side Today 3:00 AM
It’s no secret that Spider-Man: Homecoming co-stars Zendaya and Tom Holland get along well—the two went viral earlier this month after Holland won their Lip Sync Battle with an iconic performance of Rihanna‘s “Umbrella.”
But the rumor mill took things one step further Thursday, when People magazine revealed a “source” had told them the co-stars were actually dating. Twitter immediately caught fire with excited fans revved up for an Andrew Garfield/Emma Stone cast romance sequel:
emma stone and andrew garfield dated and now tom holland and zendaya? spider-man films are cupid confirmed pic.twitter.com/5pqLo3Aq41— ros 16 (@tomshollund) July 13, 2017
me: Tom and Zendaya are not dating, those are rumors— carol îmwe (@carxlinv) July 13, 2017
also me: iconic marvel couple Tom Holland & Zendaya let me dream
HOLLYWOOD: Two straight cis co-stars are now dating!— UnCut To The Feeling (@Neil_McNeil) July 14, 2017
H: Zendaya and Tom Holland are now dating!!
M: YAS GIRL GET THAT SPIDER-DICK!!
The celebration was short-lived, though. Zendaya chimed in a few hours later on Twitter and laid the rumors to rest.
“My favorite is when it says we go on vacations together,” she joked. “I haven’t been on a vacation in years! hbu @TomHolland1996???”
Holland replied minutes afterward, asking, “Does the press tour count?” since the pair have had to do a lot of traveling to promote their movie.
And just like that, the book was closed. These two: just co-stars. Now we know!
Christine Friar is a writer and editor in New York who focuses on streaming entertainment and internet culture. Her work has appeared in the Awl, the Fader, New York Magazine, Paper Magazine, Vogue, Elle, and more.