- Angela Abar wrestles with destiny in ‘Watchmen’ episode 8 Sunday 9:05 PM
- Guy who runs Trump Organization Twitter account caught hyping up own tweet Sunday 4:51 PM
- People found out how tall Olaf is–and now ‘Frozen’ is terrifying Sunday 3:41 PM
- Rapper Juice WRLD dead at 21 Sunday 3:02 PM
- Embody Andrew Yang, fight other presidential candidates in video game Sunday 2:33 PM
- Ariana Grande spoke with TikTok teen who looks exactly like her Sunday 1:00 PM
- Beyoncé accused of paying dancers ‘low rates’ Sunday 11:58 AM
- Timmy Thick blasted for saying the N-word in comeback video Sunday 9:11 AM
- Netflix’s ‘The Confession Killer’ is a devastating and well-built portrait of a con artist Sunday 8:00 AM
- Swipe This! I’m ashamed to tell anyone about my online shopping habit Sunday 6:00 AM
- UPS facing backlash for thanking police after employee killed in shootout Saturday 5:02 PM
- Sanders campaign fires staffer after anti-Semitic, homophobic tweets surface Saturday 3:13 PM
- Brother Nature was attacked, says everyone just watched with phones out Saturday 2:45 PM
- Ryan Reynolds’ gin company hires Peloton wife for ad Saturday 1:24 PM
- Ex-vegan YouTuber accused of fraud after following meat-only diet Saturday 1:11 PM
It’s no secret that Spider-Man: Homecoming co-stars Zendaya and Tom Holland get along well—the two went viral earlier this month after Holland won their Lip Sync Battle with an iconic performance of Rihanna‘s “Umbrella.”
But the rumor mill took things one step further Thursday, when People magazine revealed a “source” had told them the co-stars were actually dating. Twitter immediately caught fire with excited fans revved up for an Andrew Garfield/Emma Stone cast romance sequel:
emma stone and andrew garfield dated and now tom holland and zendaya? spider-man films are cupid confirmed pic.twitter.com/5pqLo3Aq41— ros 16 (@tomshollund) July 13, 2017
me: Tom and Zendaya are not dating, those are rumors— carol îmwe (@carxlinv) July 13, 2017
also me: iconic marvel couple Tom Holland & Zendaya let me dream
HOLLYWOOD: Two straight cis co-stars are now dating!— UnCut To The Feeling (@Neil_McNeil) July 14, 2017
H: Zendaya and Tom Holland are now dating!!
M: YAS GIRL GET THAT SPIDER-DICK!!
The celebration was short-lived, though. Zendaya chimed in a few hours later on Twitter and laid the rumors to rest.
“My favorite is when it says we go on vacations together,” she joked. “I haven’t been on a vacation in years! hbu @TomHolland1996???”
Holland replied minutes afterward, asking, “Does the press tour count?” since the pair have had to do a lot of traveling to promote their movie.
And just like that, the book was closed. These two: just co-stars. Now we know!
Christine Friar is a writer and editor in New York who focuses on streaming entertainment and internet culture. Her work has appeared in the Awl, the Fader, New York Magazine, Paper Magazine, Vogue, Elle, and more.