- Man cuts his books in half to make them ‘portable,’ spurs online debate Tuesday 6:09 PM
- Fans defend Lana Del Rey after she was mocked for flying commercial Tuesday 5:10 PM
- Lady Gaga fans find alleged new song name in her website’s code Tuesday 4:42 PM
- Barstool Sports deletes anti-union tweets, blog post in settlement Tuesday 3:47 PM
- The ‘can have … as a treat’ meme has come full circle Tuesday 3:09 PM
- Joe Rogan says he’s voting for Bernie Sanders Tuesday 2:54 PM
- Woman spots mole in man’s TikTok video, saves him from cancer Tuesday 2:17 PM
- ‘You’ star confirms his character is queer and ‘never will be’ straight Tuesday 1:08 PM
- This Twitch streamer pooped his pants during a broadcast Tuesday 12:17 PM
- Apple’s iCloud encryption plan halted amid FBI pressure, report Tuesday 10:57 AM
- Glenn Greenwald charged with cybercrimes in Brazil Tuesday 10:48 AM
- BadBunny rips her fans for not sending her enough money Tuesday 10:06 AM
- White rapper punched in the face for saying the N-word during battle Tuesday 9:21 AM
- Hillary Clinton blasts Bernie Sanders, says ‘nobody likes him’ Tuesday 8:57 AM
- Someone found Harry Styles’ doppelganger—and TikTok is obsessed Tuesday 8:08 AM
YouTube Guide: Honey Boo Boo meets “Downton Abbey”
Meet Lady Honey Boo Boo Child and Mama, Dowager Countess of Boo Boo.
With over 72 hours of footage uploaded every minute, it’s physically impossible to keep track of the content on YouTube. But in YouTube Guide, the Daily Dot will curate its five favorite finds for each workday.
1) Mashterpiece Presents, “Honey Boo Boo Abbey”
Actress Ceciley Jenkins finds an elegant way to marry the raw power of Honey Boo Boo’s vocabulary with Downton Abbey’s decadence.
2) Mr. B the Gentleman Rhymer, “Just Like a Chap”
Mr. B the Gentleman Rhymer returns from a three-month hiatus with “Just Like a Chap,” a buttoned-up, ukelele-entrenched track that puts battle raps in a three-piece suit.
3) Rhett and Link, “Why You Hate the Sound of Your Own Voice”
For anybody who’s ever recorded themselves talking and played it back to find that they don’t like the way their sound on the mic, comedic duo Rhett and Link finally have the answer. The quick gist: You’re not used to it. When you talk, you’re experiencing another sound entirely—one that’s traveling through your voice box and reverberating through your face before it hits your eyes. It’s warm, unlike the natural sound of your voice, most likely.
4) Gringotone, “Life is Hard”
Life can be hard sometimes. Life can be real hard… especially when Life is an old board game and you just picked up a pair of twins.
5) Diego Stocca, “Custom Built Orchestra”
Italian sound designer Diego Stocca turned to his toolshed to create this epic overdub of symphonic textures with nothing but highly unusual instruments.
“I’ve always been fascinated by the raw musical power than an orchestras can express,” he wrote, “So, after creating a series of videos where I’m performing a multi-track piece with an with an instrument I designed, I decided to take the concept a step farther and create my own orchestra.”
Photo via Mashterpiece Presents/YouTube
Chase Hoffberger reported on YouTube, web culture, and crime for the Daily Dot until 2013, when he joined the Austin Chronicle. Until late 2018, he served as that paper’s news editor and reported on criminal justice and politics.