- PewDiePie becomes the first YouTuber to hit 100 million subscribers 7 Years Ago
- ‘Breaking Bad’ movie will show us what happened to Jesse Pinkman Today 9:39 AM
- How to stream ROH Wrestling’s Honor For All Today 7:30 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Titans in NFL preseason action Today 7:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Good Eats: The Return’ online Today 7:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6 Today 6:00 AM
- Your best bets for finding discounted and refurbished Airpods Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Real Betis Saturday 11:31 PM
- How to stream Tottenham Hotspur vs. Newcastle Saturday 11:21 PM
- All of the ‘Avengers: Endgame’ Easter eggs discovered by fans Saturday 6:52 PM
- Every big announcement made at D23 about Disney+ Saturday 6:33 PM
- The best haunted house movies to watch online in 2019 Saturday 4:13 PM
- Andy Ngo seen laughing as Patriot Prayer members plan an attack in newly emerged video Saturday 3:59 PM
- How to stream Manchester City vs. Bournemouth Saturday 3:25 PM
- Catholic priest allegedly spent church money on Grindr hookups Saturday 3:04 PM
YouTube Guide: Honey Boo Boo meets “Downton Abbey”
Meet Lady Honey Boo Boo Child and Mama, Dowager Countess of Boo Boo.
With over 72 hours of footage uploaded every minute, it’s physically impossible to keep track of the content on YouTube. But in YouTube Guide, the Daily Dot will curate its five favorite finds for each workday.
1) Mashterpiece Presents, “Honey Boo Boo Abbey”
Actress Ceciley Jenkins finds an elegant way to marry the raw power of Honey Boo Boo’s vocabulary with Downton Abbey’s decadence.
2) Mr. B the Gentleman Rhymer, “Just Like a Chap”
Mr. B the Gentleman Rhymer returns from a three-month hiatus with “Just Like a Chap,” a buttoned-up, ukelele-entrenched track that puts battle raps in a three-piece suit.
3) Rhett and Link, “Why You Hate the Sound of Your Own Voice”
For anybody who’s ever recorded themselves talking and played it back to find that they don’t like the way their sound on the mic, comedic duo Rhett and Link finally have the answer. The quick gist: You’re not used to it. When you talk, you’re experiencing another sound entirely—one that’s traveling through your voice box and reverberating through your face before it hits your eyes. It’s warm, unlike the natural sound of your voice, most likely.
4) Gringotone, “Life is Hard”
Life can be hard sometimes. Life can be real hard… especially when Life is an old board game and you just picked up a pair of twins.
5) Diego Stocca, “Custom Built Orchestra”
Italian sound designer Diego Stocca turned to his toolshed to create this epic overdub of symphonic textures with nothing but highly unusual instruments.
“I’ve always been fascinated by the raw musical power than an orchestras can express,” he wrote, “So, after creating a series of videos where I’m performing a multi-track piece with an with an instrument I designed, I decided to take the concept a step farther and create my own orchestra.”
Photo via Mashterpiece Presents/YouTube
Chase Hoffberger reported on YouTube, web culture, and crime for the Daily Dot until 2013, when he joined the Austin Chronicle. Until late 2018, he served as that paper’s news editor and reported on criminal justice and politics.