- Greek gods memes are flooding Reddit thanks to TV reboot rumors 7 Years Ago
- Anti-impeachment protesters aimlessly fumble through halls of Congress 7 Years Ago
- Everything we know so far about the Xbox Series X Today 12:17 PM
- ASMR YouTuber Life with MaK says she was branded a ‘Nazi’ by online smear campaign Today 10:46 AM
- Voters duped by fake ex-Bloomberg intern’s tweet about being fired Today 9:47 AM
- HBO’s ‘Watchmen’ and the fantasy of competence Today 8:00 AM
- Cómo ver Kamaru Usman vs. Colby Covington en el UFC 245 Today 7:00 AM
- ‘Penis fish’ memes erupt after worms wash up on California coast Friday 5:58 PM
- Why Britons are tweeting ‘Little England’ in wake of the U.K. election Friday 3:22 PM
- Net neutrality advocates ask for rehearing on federal court decision Friday 2:29 PM
- Americans are sharing their #PrivateHealthLIFEhacks to help Brits Friday 2:28 PM
- Warren, Sanders, Yang pledge to skip next week’s debate over union dispute Friday 2:12 PM
- How to watch tonight’s Nets vs. Raptors matchup on NBA TV Friday 2:00 PM
- Alt-right comedian Owen Benjamin banned from Instagram over anti-Semitic memes Friday 1:55 PM
- TikTok teens are procrastinating with #FinalsWeek Friday 1:46 PM
YouTube Guide: “Clint Eastwood Talking to a Chair”
Jonathan “Song a Day” Mann devotes his 1,340th YouTube song to Dirty Harry’s performance at the Republican National Convention. Plus: The Oregon Duck goes Gangnam Style.
With over 72 hours of footage uploaded every minute, it’s physically impossible to keep track of the content on YouTube. But in YouTube Guide, the Daily Dot will curate its five favorite finds for each workday.
1) Jonathan “Song-a-Day” Mann “Clint Eastwood Talking To A Chair”
Last night, Clint Eastwood spoke to a chair. Today, the Internet’s having a field day. Leading the way is Jonathan “Song-a-Day” Mann, whose “Clint Eastwood Talking To a Chair” is the 1,340th song in his long-running series.
2) The Oregon Duck, “Gangnam Style Parody”
College football season’s heating up, and out west, that means it’s time for the famed Oregon Duck to get the party started. For more than enough reasons, the iconic mascot takes on PSY’s “Gangnam Style,” the biggest YouTube mega-hit of the summer.
3) Hong Yi, “Adele Portrait by Red”
Artist Hong Li is working on a four-part project that involves the four basic elements: fire, water, wind, and earth. For the fire component, she melted candles on canvas and let the wax leak out in previously arranged patterns. The result: a wax blue portrait of the blockbuster singer Adele.
4) Morgan Freeman, “Recording Some Duke Nukem Material”
Here’s the scenario: Morgan “Voice of God” Freeman, 75-years-old and not exactly what you’d call a gamer, standing in a sound booth and laying down sound bytes for the new Duke Nukem game. The unintentional comedy here is off the charts.
5) Hunter Davis, “Ian McKellen—Baby Got Back”
YouTuber Hunter Davis outdoes just about every vocal impressionist ever by assuming the voice of Sir Ian McKellen and reciting the lyrics to Sir Mix-A-Lot’s iconic “Baby’s Got Back.”
Photo via YouTube
Chase Hoffberger reported on YouTube, web culture, and crime for the Daily Dot until 2013, when he joined the Austin Chronicle. Until late 2018, he served as that paper’s news editor and reported on criminal justice and politics.