- Grindr pulls an ‘I don’t know her’ after Eminem suggests he uses the app 8 Years Ago
- Here are the top 10 most popular Instagram models in 2020 8 Years Ago
- ‘The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina’ takes its characters on a fantasy adventure to Hell in season 3 Today 11:37 AM
- Woman no longer in sorority, school after racist MLK post Today 10:45 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Miss Americana’ starts to deconstruct the myth of Taylor Swift Today 10:32 AM
- Teens charged with attempted arson after participating in TikTok ‘outlet challenge’ Today 8:56 AM
- ‘American Dirt’ is a metaphor for a white country built on the back of immigrants Today 6:00 AM
- This woman told two students to ‘speak English’ and people are not having it Friday 9:53 PM
- Iconic 1968 drag documentary ‘The Queen’ finally released on Netflix Friday 9:29 PM
- This TikTok account for Chancellor Palpatine is hilarious Friday 8:43 PM
- Did the Space Force logo rip off Star Trek? Friday 6:24 PM
- Disabled people with service dogs say Uber, Lyft drivers are denying them rides Friday 3:25 PM
- TikTok teen famous for greasy hair ends her 8-year reign Friday 2:48 PM
- Police handcuff brown man at subway station for carrying a toy gun Friday 1:20 PM
- Fake clip of Sanders quoting infamous ‘hot chip’ tweet is duping people online Friday 1:16 PM
Former Weezer bassist predicted his own death
Weezer bassist Mikey Welsh tweeted a premonition of his own death.
Two weeks before his untimely death, former Weezer bassist Mikey Welsh tweeted an eerie premonition:
“dreamt i died in chicago next weekend (heart attack in my sleep). need to write my will today,” he wrote on September 26.
He continued in a second tweet directed at a follower:
“@JVittitow correction – the weekend after next.”
Welsh was found dead on Sunday in his Chicago hotel room. Chicago police told the Associated Press there’s nothing present to indicate foul play.
It will take up to six weeks for the results of a toxicology test to determine the cause of death. The Cook County Medical Examiner’s Office told ABC they suspect narcotics. Welsh’s last drawing before death, “momma’s little pills spilled all over the floor”, references drug use.
“you should have left the pills on the floor. Rest in peace Mikey,” wrote one commenter after the piece was posted on Facebook.
Until then, fans of the musician and artist are left with nothing but Welsh’s mysterious Twitter intuition to speculate on.
“Freaky – Former Weezer Bassist predicted his own death almost to the letter,” went one tweet.
“Mikey Welsh had a creepy premonition dream… So sad,” wrote another.
Some people speculated that Welsh’s tweet was not so much a spooky prediction as a final plea.
“Wow. Premonition or call for help? Mikey Welsh dies just as ‘predicted,’” one person tweeted.
“Using social media to predict the future now, or is it a cry for help?” another said.
Welsh’s Facebook wall has been turned into an impromptu memorial. As of press time, none of Welsh’s predictions on that platform have come true.
Lauren Rae Orsini is a web culture reporter who specializes in anime and the business of fandom. Her work has been published by Forbes and Business Insider.