- ‘American Dirt’ is a metaphor for a white country built on the back of immigrants 1 Year Ago
- This woman told two students to ‘speak English’ and people are not having it Friday 9:53 PM
- Iconic 1968 drag documentary ‘The Queen’ finally released on Netflix Friday 9:29 PM
- This TikTok account for Chancellor Palpatine is hilarious Friday 8:43 PM
- Did the Space Force logo rip off Star Trek? Friday 6:24 PM
- Disabled people with service dogs say Uber, Lyft drivers are denying them rides Friday 3:25 PM
- TikTok teen famous for greasy hair ends her 8-year reign Friday 2:48 PM
- Police handcuff brown man at subway station for carrying a toy gun Friday 1:20 PM
- Fake clip of Sanders quoting infamous ‘hot chip’ tweet is duping people online Friday 1:16 PM
- The Mars Volta’s Cedric Bixler-Zavala alleges Scientologists behind dog’s death Friday 12:46 PM
- Eminem responds to critics: ‘This album was not made for the squeamish’ Friday 12:42 PM
- ‘The poet, the poem’ meme takes iconic lines and turns them into art Friday 12:40 PM
- People are making dark memes about the coronavirus Friday 12:27 PM
- Trump camp’s ‘head on a pike’ impeachment threat hit with memes Friday 11:34 AM
- What is the #FreeBritney movement, and why is Cher tweeting about it? Friday 10:52 AM
If you’ve found this article, chances are you’re a diehard cricket fan. If you’re looking to cut the cord and get cable out of your life, well, good news: There are a couple of ways you can keep watching your European sports through Willow, the premiere cricket channel. Here’s everything you need to know to watch a Willow live stream for free.
What is Willow?
Willow is a small channel dedicated entirely to overseas cricket sports coverage—and darn near nothing else. Launched in 2010, it’s primarily offered as a cable channel on select services but is also available on some streaming platforms.
Willow live stream: 2 ways to watch Willow online for free
You have limited options for watching a Willow live stream—the channel isn’t available on Philo, Hulu with Live TV, FuboTV, YouTube TV, DirecTV Now, or PlayStation Vue—but Sling TV offers a free seven-day trial, and Willow.tv comes with extra perks.
WATCH: Is SlingTV worth it?
1) Sling TV
The only independent streaming service that offers Willow, Sling TV caters to sports fans in a variety of ways. You’ll need to purchase either Sling Orange (a mash of entertainment and ESPN channels) or Sling Blue, which has most of the same entertainment channels and trades ESPN for other sports content. You’ll need to add the $5 “International” package that gets you a Willow live stream, plus other entertainment and sports channels from China, India, the Middle East, and Europe. If you subscribe to Sling TV, your login will also work on Willow.tv. (Here’s a complete guide to Sling TV channels.)
Cost: $9.99 per month
Devices: iOS, Android, Windows, Apple TV, Roku, Samsung Smart TV, Xbox One, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, Chromecast, Google TV
If signing up for Sling ain’t your thing, Willow offers a premium subscription service that lets you watch on multiple devices for a low price. You’ll get your live Willow stream, highlights, replays, an interactive scoreboard, and even interactive commentary. Simply go to the main page of Willow.tv, click the orange “subscribe now” button, and fill out the payment info. The subscription comes with free access to gaana+, a streaming service like Spotify for the Indian music industry. If you’re already subscribed to Sling TV, your login information will work to let you access Willow content.
New to cord-cutting? Here are our picks for the best movie streaming sites of 2018 and free live TV apps and channels. If you’re looking for a specific channel, here’s how to watch HBO, Showtime, Starz, Sundance TV, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, ESPNU, AMC, FX, Fox News, Freeform, MSNBC, CNN, CNBC, FS1, TBS, TNT, Tennis Channel, Golf Channel, Syfy, HGTV, Cartoon Network/Adult Swim, Bravo, Lifetime, Discovery, PBS, the CW, BBC, CSPAN, NBA TV, MTV, Comedy Central, Food Network, TLC, HLN, A&E, Animal Planet, National Geographic, the Weather Channel, the History Channel, and NFL RedZone without cable, as well as free movies on YouTube. If you’re on the move, here’s how to watch Fox Sports Go and live stream NBC Sports.
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Joseph Knoop is a gaming writer for Daily Dot, a native Chicagoan, and a slave to all things Overwatch. He co-founded the college geek culture outlet ByteBSU, then interned at Game Informer, and now writes for a bunch websites his parents have never heard of.