- Twitter faces backlash for insensitive ‘triggers’ joke 2 Weeks Ago
- 10 user-recommended sites for live tarot readings that are almost too good to be true Today 12:08 PM
- AsapSCIENCE comes for Jake Paul over Mystery Brand scam Today 11:34 AM
- Why ‘I never thought of it like that’ can actually be deeply offensive Today 11:26 AM
- Save 40% on the Fire TV Stick 4K when you rent textbooks through Amazon Today 11:05 AM
- Netflix reportedly used real disaster footage in ‘Bird Box’ Today 10:53 AM
- Holocaust denier Chuck Johnson spotted with 2 congressmen in Capitol Today 10:30 AM
- YouTuber who made popular Darth Vader fan film prevails in copyright fight Today 10:09 AM
- Mariah Carey says she ‘doesn’t acknowledge time’ in her 10-year challenge photos Today 10:06 AM
- Beto O’Rourke under fire for supporting controversial Thin Blue Line Act Today 9:26 AM
- These surreal ‘logo misuse’ sections are hilarious, and they’re going viral Today 9:20 AM
- Senators lose their sh*t over Cardi B shutdown Instagram Today 8:45 AM
- Report: Michael Cohen made fake ‘Women for Cohen’ account that tweeted about how hot he is Today 8:32 AM
- ‘Dragon Ball Super: Broly’ unites fans and critics with major opening Today 8:07 AM
- Slack’s users roast the app’s new logo Today 7:17 AM
Do you love cricket? Here’s everything you need to know to get Willow.
If you’ve found this article, chances are you’re a diehard cricket fan. If you’re looking to cut the cord and get cable out of your life, well, good news: There are a couple of ways you can keep watching your European sports through Willow, the premiere cricket channel. Here’s everything you need to know to watch a Willow live stream for free.
What is Willow?
Willow is a small channel dedicated entirely to overseas cricket sports coverage—and darn near nothing else. Launched in 2010, it’s primarily offered as a cable channel on select services but is also available on some streaming platforms.
Willow live stream: 2 ways to watch Willow online for free
You have limited options for watching a Willow live stream—the channel isn’t available on Philo, Hulu with Live TV, FuboTV, YouTube TV, DirecTV Now, or PlayStation Vue—but Sling TV offers a free seven-day trial, and Willow.tv comes with extra perks.
1) Sling TV
The only independent streaming service that offers Willow, Sling TV caters to sports fans in a variety of ways. You’ll need to purchase either Sling Orange (a mash of entertainment and ESPN channels) or Sling Blue, which has most of the same entertainment channels and trades ESPN for other sports content. You’ll need to add the $5 “International” package that gets you a Willow live stream, plus other entertainment and sports channels from China, India, the Middle East, and Europe. If you subscribe to Sling TV, your login will also work on Willow.tv. (Here’s a complete guide to Sling TV channels.)
Cost: $9.99 per month
Devices: iOS, Android, Windows, Apple TV, Roku, Samsung Smart TV, Xbox One, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, Chromecast, Google TV
If signing up for Sling ain’t your thing, Willow offers a premium subscription service that lets you watch on multiple devices for a low price. You’ll get your live Willow stream, highlights, replays, an interactive scoreboard, and even interactive commentary. Simply go to the main page of Willow.tv, click the orange “subscribe now” button, and fill out the payment info. The subscription comes with free access to gaana+, a streaming service like Spotify for the Indian music industry. If you’re already subscribed to Sling TV, your login information will work to let you access Willow content.
New to cord-cutting? Here are our picks for the best movie streaming sites of 2018 and free live TV apps and channels. If you’re looking for a specific channel, here’s how to watch HBO, Showtime, Starz, Sundance TV, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, ESPNU, AMC, FX, Fox News, Freeform, MSNBC, CNN, CNBC, FS1, TBS, TNT, Tennis Channel, Golf Channel, Syfy, HGTV, Cartoon Network/Adult Swim, Bravo, Lifetime, Discovery, PBS, the CW, BBC, CSPAN, NBA TV, MTV, Comedy Central, Food Network, TLC, HLN, A&E, Animal Planet, National Geographic, the Weather Channel, the History Channel, and NFL RedZone without cable, as well as free movies on YouTube. If you’re on the move, here’s how to watch Fox Sports Go and live stream NBC Sports.
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Joseph Knoop is a gaming writer for Daily Dot, a native Chicagoan, and a slave to all things Overwatch. He co-founded the college geek culture outlet ByteBSU, then interned at Game Informer, and now writes for a bunch websites his parents have never heard of.