- Influencer Destiny Marquez faces backlash for berating Forever 21 employee 5 Months Ago
- Chelsea Handler tackles system racism in ‘Hello Privilege. It’s Me, Chelsea’ Today 9:18 AM
- Gun control proposal: Trump, lawmakers considering background check-conducting app Today 9:05 AM
- How to stream Browns vs. Jets on Monday Night Football Today 7:00 AM
- What are anons? Today 6:30 AM
- How to stream Eagles vs. Falcons on Sunday Night Football Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 4 Today 5:00 AM
- How to stream WWE’s Clash of Champions 2019 Saturday 8:00 PM
- How ‘F*ck off Scotland’ became a Scottish rallying cry amid Brexit madness Saturday 6:28 PM
- A Missouri officer resigned after his Islamophobic Facebook posts surfaced Saturday 5:08 PM
- Adding ‘Triggered’ to stock photos of white men creates Netflix comedy special thumbnails Saturday 3:10 PM
- New restaurant in New York has a seriously unfortunate name: ‘Qanoon’ Saturday 1:38 PM
- These are the 10 best ‘Star Wars’ ships Saturday 12:41 PM
- Google Maps helped solve a decades-old missing persons case Saturday 12:27 PM
- Teen who plotted deadly swatting prank over Call of Duty argument gets prison time Saturday 11:58 AM
Wife Swap is exactly what it sounds like: a reality show that asks families with dramatically different backgrounds to trade partners for a few weeks. (Sometimes husbands are swapped too.) Then they try to adapt to the exact guidelines and lifestyle of the person they are replacing, often with dramatic or hilarious results.
This one is a reboot of the original series, which aired on ABC from 2004-2010. The network brought it back for a seventh season in 2013 as well. Despite its popularity, it ran into some legal issues with several prior cast members suing ABC for ways the swaps went down–one after a swap that replaced a man’s wife with a gay man, while another woman sued for public embarrassment that she claims led to panic attacks.
Nine years later, the show is back with all those lessons under its belt and a whole new slate of issues to address, including politics, gender, race, and class. Let’s hope the new producers have learned from the past.
When does Wife Swap air?
Wife Swap premieres on Thursday, April 4 at 9pm ET. New episodes will air the following Thursdays at 9pm ET.
What channel is Wife Swap on?
Wife Swap will air on Paramount Network. There are 10 episodes booked for the season.
How to watch Wife Swap online for free
Paramount Network is available on only two of the major live TV streaming services. How do you decide which one works better for you? You’ll want to take a look at the other channels offered and think about how you’ll be streaming, as there are considerable differences between the two. Either way, you’ll be able to start with a one-week trial, so you can feel confident about your decision and start watching Wife Swap for free.
1) Sling TV
- Cost: $25-$40 per month (40% off first month)
- Devices: Amazon Fire TVs, Android Fire Stick, Apple TV, Android TV, Roku, Xbox One, Google Chromecast, Oculus Go, and iOS and Android devices
- Local channels: NBC, Fox (check your local availability here)
There are two Sling TV cable packages to choose from: Sling Orange and Sling Blue. Which one you should choose depends on your particular needs. Paramount Network is available on the Sling Blue package—which also happens to be the beefier package with 42 channels, including TLC, Lifetime, Food Network, and HGTV. Each cable package costs $25 per month, but the best value comes from upgrading to Sling Orange + Blue for $40 per month. It’s an especially good deal for sports fans and reality TV fans who share the same household. (Here’s the complete guide to Sling TV channels.)
- Cost: $16 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- Philo devices: Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire Stick, and Fire TV, iOS and Android devices
Philo‘s live streaming service is the friendliest on your wallet, costing just $16 monthly. You get what you pay for though, as it offers one of the smallest channel selection, particularly lacking in sports and news channels. Though you only have access to 40 channels, it does have a great deal of solid cable entertainment, including AMC, three Hallmark channels, Comedy Central, MTV, and more. Most importantly, it has Paramount so you can watch Wife Swap. (Here’s a complete guide to Philo channels.)
How to catch up on past Wife Swap episodes
If you’re looking for a place to catch up on older Wife Swap episodes, read on to find out how.
1) Amazon Video
- Cost: $0.99/episode, $2.99-$9.99/season
- Devices: Amazon Fire Stick, Fire TV, Fire tablets, and Fire phone; Roku, Google TV, TiVo, Nvidia Shield, PlayStation 3 and 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Wii
Amazon does not currently have episodes of the regular Wife Swap episodes. However, it has the spinoff series Celebrity Wife Swap. You can watch it on your TV, tablet, phone, or computer with Amazon Video. Individual episodes cost $0.99 each, but you can purchase an entire season for $2.99-$9.99. That’s cheaper than any monthly service can offer.
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Colette Bennett is a writer/editor who specializes in web culture, skincare, and all things geek. Her work has appeared on CNN, HLN, Engadget, Kotaku, Colourlovers, and Continue Magazine. She also writes horror and sci-fi fiction for Corona Books and is at work on her second novel.