- Angela Abar wrestles with destiny in ‘Watchmen’ episode 8 Sunday 9:05 PM
- Guy who runs Trump Organization Twitter account caught hyping up own tweet Sunday 4:51 PM
- People found out how tall Olaf is–and now ‘Frozen’ is terrifying Sunday 3:41 PM
- Rapper Juice WRLD dead at 21 Sunday 3:02 PM
- Embody Andrew Yang, fight other presidential candidates in video game Sunday 2:33 PM
- Ariana Grande spoke with TikTok teen who looks exactly like her Sunday 1:00 PM
- Beyoncé accused of paying dancers ‘low rates’ Sunday 11:58 AM
- Timmy Thick blasted for saying the N-word in comeback video Sunday 9:11 AM
- Netflix’s ‘The Confession Killer’ is a devastating and well-built portrait of a con artist Sunday 8:00 AM
- Swipe This! I’m ashamed to tell anyone about my online shopping habit Sunday 6:00 AM
- UPS facing backlash for thanking police after employee killed in shootout Saturday 5:02 PM
- Sanders campaign fires staffer after anti-Semitic, homophobic tweets surface Saturday 3:13 PM
- Brother Nature was attacked, says everyone just watched with phones out Saturday 2:45 PM
- Ryan Reynolds’ gin company hires Peloton wife for ad Saturday 1:24 PM
- Ex-vegan YouTuber accused of fraud after following meat-only diet Saturday 1:11 PM
|HOW TO WATCH VH1 ONLINE|
|SLING TV||TRY NOW|
|AT&T TV NOW||TRY NOW|
If you’re addicted to reality TV, then chances are you’re also addicted to VH1. The channel hosts some of the most captivating programing around these days, which makes online viewing essential. If you’re looking to cut the cord and keep a VH1 live stream going, here’s everything you need to know.
What is VH1?
Founded in 1985, VH1 was originally created as a complementary channel to MTV, that focused on an older demographic. It traded in a similar rotation of music videos, but eventually, VH1 transitioned to reality television programming. Its biggest hits include RuPaul’s Drag Race, Tyra Bank’s America’s Next Top Model, and Basketball Wives, among plenty of others.
VH1 live stream: 4 ways to watch VH1 online
Your options for streaming VH1 are surprisingly limited. Several of the top services, including PlayStation Vue, YouTube TV, FuboTV, and Hulu with Live TV don’t carry the channel, but you still have some solid options.
- Cost: $16 per month
- Philo devices: Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, iOS and Android devices
Philo is hands down the best deal in live TV streaming service. It’s the cheapest way to watch AMC online, not to mention MTV, Comedy Central, Nickelodeon, and BBC America. For just $16 per month, you’ll get all of those channels plus IFC, Lifetime, the History Channel, and more. (Here’s a full list of Philo channels.)
2) Sling TV
- Cost: $25-$40 per month (40$ off first month)
- Sling TV devices: Amazon Fire TVs, Android Fire Stick, Apple TV, Android TV, Roku, Xbox One, Google Chromecast, Oculus Go, and iOS and Android devices
- Sling TV local channels: NBC, Fox (check your local availability here)
Sling TV is perhaps the most well-known live TV streaming service. While VH1 isn’t part of one of Sling’s two entry-level packages Sling Orange and Sling Blue, you can add it as part of the Lifestyle package for an extra $5 a month. You’re not just getting VH1 for that extra dough, though. You’ll also get BET, Lifetime Movies, and Hallmark (just in time for Hallmark Christmas movies), among others. That would bring your total to $30 per month, or you could upgrade to Sling Orange + Blue, which costs $40 per month, to get even more channels. That package is shown below. (Here’s a complete guide to Sling TV channels.)
3) AT&T Now
- Cost: $50-$135 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- Hulu devices: Roku, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, iOS and Android devices
- Local channels: NBC, CBS, Fox, ABC, the CW (enter your ZIP code here to check your availability)
There’s a good chance that you’re already looking to AT&T for your wireless needs. The second you sign up you’ll gain instant access to 45+ channels, including local channels and even free HBO on PLUS and MAX channel suites. Plus, it comes with CloudDVR which lets you record up to 20 hours of TV per month. One account works on two devices, but you can add more devices for only $5.
- The best reality TV on Netflix when you need some real drama
- The best Black movies on Netflix
- The 15 best movies based on true stories on Netflix
Other ways to watch VH1 online
If you sign up with Philo or DirecTV Now, you can watch VH1 online anytime via its main website. Just click the Watch Live TV app in the top-left corner and punch in your credentials (you’ll need to select “see all providers”). Alternatively, you can get free access for 24 hours by creating an account.
4) VH1 app
You can also stream VH1 via its official app, which includes some full seasons and the latest episode of every current series. As with the website, you’ll have to have either cable credentials or a DirecTV Now/FuboTV account to access the full library. The VH1 app is available on Apple TV, Roku, Android TV, Amazon Fire, and iOS and Android devices.
New to cord-cutting? Here are our picks for the best movie streaming sites of 2018 and free live TV apps and channels. If you’re looking for a specific channel, here’s how to watch HBO, Showtime, Starz, Sundance TV, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, ESPNU, Willow, AMC, FX, Fox News, Freeform, MSNBC, CNN, CNBC, FS1, TBS, TNT, Tennis Channel, Golf Channel, Syfy, HGTV, Cartoon Network/Adult Swim, Bravo, Lifetime, Discovery, PBS, the CW, BBC, CSPAN, NBA TV, MTV, Comedy Central, Food Network, TLC, HLN, A&E, Animal Planet, National Geographic, the Weather Channel, the History Channel, and NFL RedZone without cable, as well as free movies on YouTube. If you’re on the move, here’s how to watch Fox Sports Go and live stream NBC Sports.
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Joseph Knoop is a gaming writer for Daily Dot, a native Chicagoan, and a slave to all things Overwatch. He co-founded the college geek culture outlet ByteBSU, then interned at Game Informer, and now writes for a bunch websites his parents have never heard of.