- How to stream Leo Santa Cruz vs. Rafael Rivera for free Today 8:00 AM
- ‘Larry Charles’ Dangerous World of Comedy’ finds the balance between tragedy and comedy Today 7:30 AM
- How to stream Michael ‘Venom’ Page vs. Paul Daley for free Today 7:00 AM
- How to watch the NBA Dunk Contest 2019 online for free Today 6:50 AM
- The best new TV shows to stream this weekend Today 6:00 AM
- Bug lets Twitter save your DMs—even after you delete them Friday 7:21 PM
- Guy mansplains song to Japanese Breakfast, the female artist who wrote the song Friday 6:38 PM
- Ann Coulter’s Twitter bio links to a vulgar parody account Friday 5:22 PM
- Popular YouTube music channel gets income yanked for ‘repetitious’ content Friday 4:14 PM
- New website will endlessly generate fake faces thanks to AI Friday 3:41 PM
- Man fakes getting stood up at Outback Steakhouse Friday 3:03 PM
- FCC looks to tackle robocalls and spoofed texts Friday 2:57 PM
- How to protect yourself from the data breach that affected 744 million accounts Friday 12:56 PM
- How to stream Rob Brant vs. Khasan Baysangurov online for free Friday 12:21 PM
- No, Ocasio-Cortez doesn’t have her boyfriend on her payroll Friday 12:20 PM
Oleh Dubyna/Shutterstock (Licensed)
The Madrid Derby is as intense as European soccer gets.
The Madrid Derby returns this weekend, when Real Madrid attempts to close the two-point gap behind Atletico Madrid, which is in second place. Los Blancos had a difficult start to the season so an opportunity to be in second place before Champions League returns was not predicted by many. A win for Atletico Madrid would see the club go five points ahead of Real and three points behind Barcelona. Here is everything you need to know to watch the Madrid Derby live stream online for free.
Real Madrid vs. Atletico Madrid
- When: 10:15am ET, Saturday, Feb. 9
- Where: Wanda Metropolitano in Madrid
- Watch: beIN Sports
Real Madrid vs. Atletico Madrid: live stream
Cost: $39.99 for your first month and $44.99 per month thereafter (after a 7-day free trial)
Devices: Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire, Android TV, iOS and Android devices
FuboTV is one of the leading live TV streaming services, offering a compelling combination of sports (NBA TV, NFL Network), entertainment (AMC, Syfy, FX), and news (MSNBC, CNN) channels in its core package. But where it really shines is with international soccer, offering UniMas, 10 beIN Sports channels, NBCSN, FS1 and FS2, and more, so you can watch everything from English Premier League to La Liga all in one place. You’ll also get three-day replay for games and 30 hours of cloud DVR. (Here’s the complete FuboTV channels list.)
2) Sling TV
Sling TV offers two base channel packages, both of which cost just $25 per month: Sling Orange, which contains three ESPN channels, and Sling Blue, which boasts FS1 and FS2, NBCSN, and plenty more, in addition to local channels. Sling Orange + Blue combines the two packages for $40 per month. To get the most international soccer action, you’ll want to add either Sports Extra: Sling Orange ($5 per month) or Sports Extra: Sling Blue ($10 per month) to get BeIn Sports. The main difference between the two is that the latter also includes NFL RedZone. Alternatively, you can add Español: Best of Spanish TV package for Sling Orange or Sling Blue to get the 24/7 specialty channel LaLiga TV and beIN Sports Connect: Channels 4-9, which features matches from LaLiga, Ligue 1, Copa del Rey, among others. Both packages cost $5 per month after your free trial. (Here’s a complete guide to Sling TV channels.)
3) DirecTV Now
Cost: $40-$75 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
DirecTV Now, the online alternative to DirecTV, offers five different channel packages. While the entry-level Live a Little package ($40 per month) covers most of your bases, for international soccer, you’ll want to get the Todo y Mas (“Everything and More”) for $45 per month. This package is geared toward Spanish-speaking viewers, with channels like Univision, ESPN Deportes, Telemundo, and CNN En Español. It’s the only DirecTV Now option that includes beIN Sports, which you’ll need for La Liga matches. (You can view the full DirecTV Now channels list here.)
Real Madrid vs. Atletico Madrid: Why it matters
This matchup will feel like the first truly do-or-die game of the season for these clubs. With UEFA Champions League on the horizon, this is the first opportunity to show that Real Madrid can flip a switch every February, and for Atleti a chance to prepare for the many big games down the line in a title race and a UCL run that starts with Juventus. These teams are all too familiar with each other, fully loaded, and the intensity doesn’t get much bigger than this in European soccer.
New to cord-cutting? Here are our picks for the best movie streaming sites of 2018 and free live TV apps and channels. If you’re looking for a specific channel, here’s how to watch HBO, Showtime, Starz, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, AMC, FX, Fox News, MSNBC, CNN, CNBC, FS1, TBS, TNT, Golf Channel, Cartoon Network/Adult Swim, Bravo, Lifetime, Discovery, PBS, the CW, BBC, CSPAN, NBA TV, MTV, the Weather Channel, and NFL RedZone without cable, as well as free movies on YouTube. If you’re on the move, here’s how to watch Fox Sports Go and live stream NBC Sports.
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Jackson Fowler is the Daily Dot's resident soccer expert. He's an editorial intern with the newsroom this semester. You can follow him on Twitter at @jacksonflwoer.