Take a time warp with Pose back to 1987, when New York City was still wild and untamed, where the power of dance ruled over all and Donald Trump was little more than a punchline.
From creator/writer Ryan Murphy, Pose explores the extreme juxtapositions that comprise life in the Big Apple, from the tacky yuppies in solid gold buildings to the swarthy bohemians who will forever occupy the art and literary scenes. The series stars Blanca Rodriguez-Evangelista, who starts the House Evangelista, a safe place for LGBT youths rejected by their families. A saintly endeavor, but she had to leave her old home, House Abundance, headed by the spurred Elektra. Oh, did I mention the whole show is a dance musical?
These houses compete against each other, not with street scuffles or knife fights, but with flashy balls, where house members show off their ostentatious outfits, caddy attitudes, and perhaps most of all, the way they throw down on the dance floor. Put simply, pure television indulgence.
Here’s everything you need to know to watch Pose online for free.
|HOW TO STREAM ‘POSE’|
|SLING TV||TRY NOW|
|HULU WITH LIVE TV||TRY NOW|
- MJ Rodriguez as Blanca Rodriguez-Evangelista
- Dominique Jackson as Elektra Abundance
- Billy Porter as Pray Tell
- Indya Moore as Angel Evangelista
- Ryan Jamaal Swain as Damon Richards-Evangelista
- Charlayne Woodard as Helena St. Rogers
- Evan Peters as Stan Bowes
- Dyllón Burnside as Ricky Evangelista
- Hailie Sahar as Lulu Abundance
- Angelica Ross as Candy Abundance
- Angel Bismark Curiel as Martinez ‘Lil Papi’ Evangelista
- Kate Mara as Patty Bowes
- James Van Der Beek as Matt Bromley
- Sandra Bernhard as Judy Kubrak
What channel is Pose on?
Pose airs on FX.
What time does Pose start?
Pose premieres Tuesday, June 11 at 10pm ET. New episodes air on Tuesdays at 10pm ET.
How to watch Pose for free
FX is available on many of the major live TV streaming services. When deciding which one is best for you, you’ll want to weigh the cost, the other channels you’ll receive, and the compatible devices for streaming. Thankfully, no matter which service you decide to try, you’ll be able to start with a one-week trial, so you can watch Pose online for free.
1) Sling TV
- Cost: $30-$45 per month ($10 off first month)
- Devices: Amazon Fire TVs, Android Fire Stick, Apple TV, Android TV, Roku, Xbox One, Google Chromecast, Oculus Go, and iOS and Android devices
- Local channels: NBC, Fox (check your local availability here)
For a more à la carte service, look to Sling TV. It offers two cable packages, Sling Orange and Sling Blue, both of which cost $25 per month. Only Sling Blue carries FX, which allows you to watch Pose, and offers more bang for your buck with over 40 channels, including sports necessities like FS1, NBCSN, and NFL Network. You’ll also gain access to the usual cable mainstays like Food Network, Discovery, Cartoon Network, SYFY, and FXX. But if you grab them both (Sling Orange + Blue) you can save $10 per month. Here’s the complete guide to Sling TV channels.
- Cost: $54.95 per month
- Hulu devices: Roku, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Nintendo Switch, and iOS and Android devices
- Local channels: ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, the CW (check your local availability here)
Hulu with Live TV is one of the most popular ways to stream live TV, perhaps because you gain access to a massive library of on-demand content including classic and current TV shows, movies, not to menti0n Hulu’s original programming. As far as live-streaming goes, you’ll have almost 60 channels to flip through, including HGTV, a full suite of ESPN channels, Cartoon Network, FX, and even deep cuts like Nat Geo Wild and Syfy. Here’s the complete list of Hulu Live TV channels.
- The best new movies on Hulu: 2018 new releases to watch
- The best thrillers on Hulu
- Funny movies on Hulu when you need a good laugh
- 10 sad movies on Hulu guaranteed to make you cry
- Cost: $44.99 for your first month and $54.99 per month thereafter (after a 7-day free trial)
- FuboTV devices: Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire, Android TV, iOS and Android devices
- Local channels: ABC, Fox, NBC, CBS, the CW (in some markets) (check local availability here)
FuboTV was built from the ground up with sports fans in mind. There are different channel packages available whether you’re looking for basketball, soccer, golf, and even outdoor sports like rock climbing. But no worries, all the great cable channels you’re after are present too, including Viceland, Bravo, TBS, and IFC. Plus, It comes with FX, so you’ll be able to watch Pose. Here’s the complete FuboTV channels list.
4) YouTube TV
- Cost: $49.99 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- YouTube TV devices: Google Chromecast, Roku, Apple TV, Android TV, Xbox One, iOS, and Android devices
- Local channels: NBC, CBS, Fox, ABC, the CW (enter your ZIP code here to check your availability)
YouTube TV is a great solution for families because one subscription can add up to six accounts. Each account comes with unlimited cloud DVR. There are sports channels like NBCSN, NBA TV, and four ESPN channels. Disney, Disney XD, Disney Junior, and Cartoon Network will keep any kid (or kid at heart) busy for hours. It also comes with a few Spanish-language channels like Telemundo and NBC Universo. FX, AMC, BBC America, and IFC are there too, so you won’t miss out on all that prestige TV. (You can find the full list of YouTube TV channels here.)
Other places to stream Pose
1) Amazon Video
- Cost: $2.99/episode, $9.99/season
- Devices: Amazon Fire Stick, Fire TV, Fire tablets, and Fire phone; Roku, Google TV, TiVo, Nvidia Shield, PlayStation 3 and 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Wii
Single episodes of Pose are available on Amazon for $1.99 an episode, and entire seasons are available starting at $9.99.
- Cost: $7.99-13.99/month (after a free month)
- Devices: Amazon Fire Stick, Fire TV, Fire tablets, and Fire phone; Roku, Google TV, TiVo, PlayStation 3 and 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Wii
You can catch the entirety of season 1 on Netflix. It’s unclear whether season 2 will come to the streaming service after it airs on FX.
3) FX Now
- Cost: Free with cable or live-stream login
- FX Now devices: Google Chromecast, Roku, Apple TV, Google Play, iOS
FX Now lets you stream full episodes of your favorite FX and FXX series, including access to every episode of Pose. All you need is a login from your cable or live TV streaming service, including all of the services above.
- Cost: $5.99 a month, cable or live-stream login needed
- FX+ devices: Google Chromecast, Roku, Apple TV, Google Play, iOS
After signing up for FX Now, you can upgrade to FX+ for $5.99. Joining gives you early and commercial-free access to FX shows before they air as well as full seasons of hit shows like Always Sunny in Philadelphia and Fosse/Verdon, and of course, Pose.
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.