It’s easy to crack jokes about the Trump administration and current political and social landscape, but few do it better—or with more bite—than Samantha Bee. As the White House Press Corps gathers at the official Correspondents’ Dinner without the president or any comedians this year, Bee will throw her own unofficial event on TBS.
For the second year in a row, the late-night talk show host’s Not the White House Correspondents Dinner will take aim at the current administration and members of the media in the trenches. You can expect some riffs on the First Amendment as well. It’s the perfect alternative to flipping on C-SPAN, and proceeds will Committee to Protect Journalists, a non-profit that works to protect press freedom worldwide.
Here’s everything you need to know to watch Not the White House Correspondents’ Dinner online for free.
When does Not the White House Correspondents’ Dinner air?
The Full Frontal with Samantha Bee special episode airs on Saturday, April 27 at 10pm ET.
What channel is Not the White House Correspondents’ Dinner on?
Not the White House Correspondents’ Dinner will be televised on TBS.
How to watch Not the White House Correspondents’ Dinner for free
TBS is available on a handful of the major live TV streaming services. When trying to decide which one is best for you, you’ll want to weigh the cost, the other channels you’ll receive, and the compatible devices for streaming. Thankfully, no matter which service you pick, you’ll start with a one-week trial, so you can watch Not the White House Correspondents’ Dinner for free.
1) Sling TV
- Cost: $25-$40 per month (40% off first month)
- Devices: Amazon Fire TVs, Android Fire Stick, Apple TV, Android TV, Roku, Xbox One, Google Chromecast, Oculus Go, and iOS and Android devices
- Local channels: NBC, Fox (check your local availability here)
For a more à la carte service, look to Sling TV. It offers two cable packages, Sling Orange and Sling Blue, both of which cost $25 per month. TBS is available on either package. If you grab them both (Sling Orange + Blue) you can save $10 per month. But if you just want to choose one, Sling Blue offers more bang for your buck with over 40 channels, including sports necessities like FS1, NBCSN, and NFL Network. You’ll also gain access to the usual cable mainstays like Food Network, Discovery, Cartoon Network, SYFY, and FXX. Here’s the complete guide to Sling TV channels.
- Cost: $44.95 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- Hulu devices: Roku, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Nintendo Switch, and iOS and Android devices
- Local channels: ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, the CW (check your local availability here)
Hulu with Live TV is one of the most popular ways to stream live TV, perhaps because you gain access to a massive library of on-demand content including classic and current TV shows, movies, not to mention Hulu’s original programming. As far as live-streaming goes, you’ll have almost 60 channels to flip through, including HGTV, a full suite of ESPN channels, Cartoon Network, FX, and even deep cuts like Nat Geo Wild and Syfy. Here’s the complete list of Hulu Live TV channels.
- The best new movies on Hulu: 2018 new releases to watch
- The best thrillers on Hulu
- Funny movies on Hulu when you need a good laugh
- 10 sad movies on Hulu guaranteed to make you cry
- Cost: $44.99 for your first month and $54.99 per month thereafter (after a 7-day free trial)
- FuboTV devices: Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire, Android TV, iOS and Android devices
- Local channels: ABC, Fox, NBC, CBS, the CW (in some markets) (check local availability here)
FuboTV was built from the ground up with sports fans in mind. There are different channel packages available whether you’re looking for basketball, soccer, golf, and even outdoor sports like rock climbing. But no worries, all the great cable channels you’re after are present too, including Viceland, Bravo, TBS, and IFC. Here’s the complete FuboTV channels list.
- Cost:$44.99-$79.99 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- PlayStation Vue devices: PlayStation 3 and 4, Roku, Amazon Fire, Google Chromecast, Kodi, iOS and Android devices
- Local channels: NBC, Fox, ABC, CBS (enter your ZIP code here to check your availability)
If you have a PS4 and are into the idea of having your gaming and streaming needs met in the same place, PlayStation Vue is made for you. Still, you don’t need a PS4 to enjoy this service. You can also use a Roku, Amazon Fire devices, and even Kodi. In addition to TBS, access channels like AMC, BBC America, and Bravo in PlayStation Vue’s entry-level package. One subscription works with up to five devices and provides unlimited cloud DVR storage, which makes it one of the most binge-friendly solutions. (Here are all of PlayStation Vue channels.)
5) YouTube TV
- Cost:$40 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- YouTube TV devices: Google Chromecast, Roku, Apple TV, Android TV, Xbox One, iOS, and Android devices
- Local channels: NBC, CBS, Fox, ABC, the CW (enter your ZIP code here to check your availability)
YouTube TV is a great solution for families because one subscription can add up to six accounts. Each account comes with unlimited cloud DVR. There are sports channels like NBCSN, NBA TV, and four ESPN channels. Disney, Disney XD, Disney Junior, and Cartoon Network will keep any kid (or kid at heart) busy for hours. It also comes with a few Spanish-language channels like Telemundo and NBC Universo. AMC, BBC America, and IFC are there too, so you won’t miss out on all that prestige TV. (You can find the full list of YouTube TV channels here.)
Other ways to watch the Not the White House Correspondents’ Dinner
2) Amazon Video
- Cost: $2.99
- Devices: Amazon Fire Stick, Fire TV, Fire tablets, and Fire phone; Roku, Google TV, TiVo, Nvidia Shield, PlayStation 3 and 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Wii
Samantha Bee hosted one Not the White House Correspondents Dinner in 2017. If you want to watch that special, it will cost $2.99.
Many cable channels let you live stream directly from their site, and TBS is no different. Simply go to the channel’s website, select a video to watch, and them fill in your login information from the above services when prompted. Unfortunately, Sling TV and FuboTV won’t work for this.
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.