- ‘Astronomy Club’ reformats the sketch show 9 Months Ago
- Trump is concerned America’s toilets too weak Today 3:53 PM
- Twitter users claim Billie Eilish is ‘over’ because she didn’t like Lady Gaga’s meat dress Today 2:53 PM
- Nikki Haley says the Confederate flag was fine until Dylann Roof ‘hijacked’ it Today 2:49 PM
- How emotional labor discourse spawned multiple memes Today 2:22 PM
- Video of YouTuber Onision threatening ex-girlfriend resurfaces Today 2:03 PM
- Marianne Williamson embraces anti-vax stance on Facebook Today 1:58 PM
- Peloton Husband is worried memes will have ‘repercussions’ for his career Today 1:55 PM
- ‘The Mandalorian’ stumbles as it returns to a familiar planet Today 1:47 PM
- The best app controlled Christmas lights for the holidays Today 1:04 PM
- Go green and save green with solar-powered Christmas lights Today 1:02 PM
- Bloomberg on diversity in 2020 race: ‘Don’t complain to me’ Today 12:40 PM
- Midge flaunts the worst side of herself in ‘Marvelous Mrs. Maisel’ season 3 Today 12:17 PM
- Social media companies continue to fail to police fake behavior, study finds Today 10:44 AM
- Despite changes, the YouTube 2019 Rewind video is still massively disliked Today 10:11 AM
There’s something magic about the hour when major TV channels turn to late-night programming. On Nickelodeon, Nick at Nite comes through with favorite retro and modern sitcoms. Thankfully, there’s nothing retro about finding a streaming service that allows you to ditch expensive and faceless cable companies. Here’s everything you need to know to watch a Nick at Nite live stream for free.
What is Nick at Nite?
Nick at Nite is Nickelodeon’s late-night programming block. After the kids are done with SpongeBob Squarepants marathons, Nick at Nite airs classic and modern sitcoms like The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Full House, Friends, The Goldbergs, and Two and a Half Men. Catch Nick at Nite starting at 8pm ET.
Nick at Nite live stream: 3 ways to watch Nick at Nite online for free
Although Nick at Nite isn’t available on every major streaming service—it’s absent from Hulu, Sling TV, YouTube TV, FuboTV, and PlayStation Vue—you still have a few options for getting late-night Nickelodeon shows, and the three subscription services featured below offer a free seven-day trial to get started.
1) Sling TV
- Cost: $25 to $40 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- Sling TV devices: Amazon Fire TVs, Android Fire Stick, Apple TV, Android TV, Roku, Xbox One, Google Chromecast, and iOS and Android devices
It’s tricky to get Nick at Nite shows on Sling TV, but it might still work for you. Bad news: There’s no option for the core Nickelodeon channel, ergo no Nick at Nite block. That said, the $25-per-month Sling Blue package offers Nick Jr., and if you add on the $5-per-month Sling Kids package, you’ll also get NickToons and TeenNick. That’s a few bases covered. Be sure to check whether the Nick at Nite shows you want are on those channels. (Here’s a complete guide to Sling TV channels.)
- The best movie streaming sites
- Free live TV: The best apps for TV shows and channels
- The ultimate guide to live TV streaming
- How to cut the cord and stream like a pro
- Cost: $16 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- Devices: Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, iOS and Android devices
Philo is by far your cheapest option for a Nick at Nite live stream. In addition to Nickelodeon and Nick at Nite, you’ll also get Nick Jr. and TeenNick, so all corners of the family are covered. You’ll also get more adult channels like BBC America, AMC, and Comedy Central. (Here’s the complete guide to Philo channels.)
3) DirecTV Now
- Cost: $40 to $75 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- Devices: Roku, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, and Amazon Fire Stick
At $40 per month for 72 channels, DirecTV Now is one of the most comprehensive live TV streaming choices. With the base-level Live a Little package, you’ll get your Nickelodeon and Nick at Nite live stream, plus Nick Jr. and TeenNick. You can also enjoy Cartoon Network and all three Disney channels—plus plenty of entertainment, news, and sports for the older family members. If you’re in the market for HBO, DirecTV Now offers one of the cheapest prices for premium channels at $5 a month. (You can view the full DirecTV Now channels list here.)
Other ways to watch Nick at Nite online
Unfortunately, due to the complicated tangle of copyrights, you won’t find any Nick at Nite content on the Nickelodeon app (but you can get plenty of cartoons). TBS owns the rights to Friends, for example, so Nickelodeon is only allowed to broadcast the show on the Nick at Nite block. NickAtNite.com provides a list of shows on the channel and the nightly schedule.
New to cord-cutting? Here are our picks for the best movie streaming sites of 2019 and free live TV apps and channels. If you’re looking for a specific channel, here’s how to watch HBO, Showtime, Starz, Sundance TV, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, ESPNU, Willow, AMC, FX, Fox News, Freeform, MSNBC, CNN, CNBC, FS1, TBS, TNT, Tennis Channel, Golf Channel, Syfy, HGTV, Cartoon Network/Adult Swim, Bravo, Lifetime, Discovery, PBS, the CW, BBC, CSPAN, NBA TV, MTV, Comedy Central, Food Network, TLC, HLN, A&E, Animal Planet, National Geographic, the Weather Channel, the History Channel, and NFL RedZone without cable, as well as free movies on YouTube. If you’re on the move, here’s how to watch Fox Sports Go and live stream NBC Sports.
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Joseph Knoop is a gaming writer for Daily Dot, a native Chicagoan, and a slave to all things Overwatch. He co-founded the college geek culture outlet ByteBSU, then interned at Game Informer, and now writes for a bunch websites his parents have never heard of.