You see a stack of toothpicks, a stale blueberry bagel, and some rubber bands. Angus MacGyver sees everything he needs to take down bad guys and save lives.
Based on the hit ’80s series, MacGyver brings back the secret agent who’s more Bill Nye than James Bond. Unlike the rest who are armed with guns, knives, and gadgets, MacGyver’s secret weapon is his massive intellect and, of course, his whip quick creativity. While working for the secretive Phoenix Foundation, Angus MacGyver uses non-lethal means to tackle his enemies, and maybe even invent a few new life-saving doodads along the way. And you thought you knew your way around duct tape.
Here’s everything you need to know to watch MacGyver.
|HOW TO STREAM ‘MACGUYVER’|
|HULU WITH LIVE TV||TRY NOW|
|CBS ALL ACCESS||TRY NOW|
|AT&T TV NOW||TRY NOW|
- Lucas Till as Angus “Mac” MacGyver
- George Eads as Jack Dalton
- Sandrine Holt as Patricia Thornton
- Tristin Mays as Riley Davis
- Justin Hires as Wilt Bozer
- Meredith Eaton as Matilda “Matty” Webber
- Isabel Lucas as Samantha Cage
- Levy Tran as Desiree “Desi” Nguyen
- Henry Ian Cusick as Russ Taylor
When does MacGyver air?
MacGyver season 4 premieres on Friday, February 7, at 7pm ET/PT.
What channel is MacGyver on?
MacGyver airs on CBS. There are 22 episodes booked for this season.
How to watch MacGyver
CBS is available on many of the popular streaming services.
- Cost: $54.95 per month
- Hulu devices: Roku, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Nintendo Switch, and iOS and Android devices
- Local channels: ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, the CW (check your local availability here)
Hulu with Live TV is one of the most popular ways to stream live TV, perhaps because you gain access to a massive library of on-demand content including classic and current TV shows, movies, not to mention Hulu’s original programming. As far as live-streaming goes, you’ll have almost 60 channels to flip through, including HGTV, a full suite of ESPN channels, Cartoon Network, FX, and even deep cuts like Nat Geo Wild and Syfy. Here’s the complete list of Hulu Live TV channels.
- Cost: $44.99 for your first month and $54.99 per month thereafter
- FuboTV devices: Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire, Android TV, iOS and Android devices
- Local channels: ABC, Fox, NBC, CBS, the CW (in some markets) (check local availability here)
FuboTV was built from the ground up with sports fans in mind. There are different channel packages available whether you’re looking for basketball, soccer, golf, and even outdoor sports like rock climbing. But no worries, all the great cable channels you’re after are present too, including Viceland, Bravo, TBS, and IFC. Here’s the complete FuboTV channels list.
3) Sling TV
- Cost: $30-$45 per month ($10 off first month)
- Devices:Amazon Fire TVs,Android Fire Stick, Apple TV,Android TV,Roku,Xbox One,Google Chromecast, Oculus Go, and iOS and Android devices
- Local channels: NBC, Fox (check your local availability here)
For a more à la carte service, look to Sling TV. It offers two cable packages, Sling Orange and Sling Blue, both of which cost $30 per month. If you grab them both (Sling Orange + Blue) you can save $10 per month. Sling Blue offers more bang for your buck with over 40 channels, including sports necessities like FS1, NBCSN, and NFL Network. You’ll also gain access to the usual cable mainstays like Food Network, Discovery, Cartoon Network, SYFY, and FXX. Here’s the complete guide to Sling TV channels.
How to use AirTV with Sling
CBS is not available on any Sling TV package. However, there is an easy workaround. By purchasing a basic AirTV for $79.99 or the AirTV Player for $119.99, you can gain access to local channels in your Sling TV package. As the Daily Dot wrote in its AirTV review, “It’s practically magic.”
The basic AirTV is a dual-tuner streaming device, while the AirTV Player is basically an upgraded Chromecast that has Netflix preinstalled. You’ll still need to own an HD antenna because even though AirTV gets you access to your local channels, it doesn’t actually physically show them to you.
But AirTV—which has no monthly fee—serves to strengthen one of Sling’s biggest weaknesses compared to other live streaming services. It’s the only way to watch MacGyver using Sling TV.
4) AT&T TV Now
- Cost: $50-$135 per month
- Hulu devices: Roku, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, iOS and Android devices
- Local channels: NBC, CBS, Fox, ABC, the CW (enter your ZIP code here to check your availability)
There’s a good chance that you’re already looking to AT&T for your wireless needs. The second you sign up you’ll gain instant access to 45+ channels, including local channels and even free HBO on PLUS and MAX channel suites. Plus, it comes with CloudDVR which lets you record up to 20 hours of TV per month. One account works on two devices, but you can add more devices for only $5.
- Cost: $5.99 per month for streaming with ads, $9.99 per month for the ad-free version (after a one-week free trial)
- Devices: Roku, Apple TV, Android and Android TV, Google Chromecast, Amazon Fire TV, select smart TVs, Xbox, PS4, and the CBS app.
CBS All Access is the network’s answer to Netflix and Hulu. With it, you’ll be able to live stream CBS and the 2019 Grammy Awards. Plus, there are 10,000 episodes of CBS television to binge, including hit shows The Big Bang Theory, Big Brother, and of course, MacGyver. You’ll also be able to stream CBS All Access exclusives like Star Trek: Discovery.
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.