- This dad remade his daughter’s NSFW photo—and people are loving it Thursday 5:51 PM
- Teen allegedly posted ‘slave for sale’ Craigslist ad featuring his Black classmate Thursday 5:28 PM
- People are crushed that this teen love story might be a TikTok ‘joke’ Thursday 4:50 PM
- Is Jacob Wohl evading his Twitter ban with Jack Burkman’s account? Thursday 2:06 PM
- Biden’s most perplexing debate answers, explained Thursday 2:03 PM
- How to stream Colts vs. Texans on Thursday Night Football Thursday 12:52 PM
- Netflix drops ‘A Christmas Prince: The Royal Baby’ trailer Thursday 12:43 PM
- Uber says it will audio-record rides to address safety concerns Thursday 12:41 PM
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’ writers go in-depth on how they decided which superheroes lived and died Thursday 12:22 PM
- How to watch Duke vs. Cal in the 2K Empire classic Thursday 12:09 PM
- Trump’s impeachment notes get riffed into punk songs Thursday 12:01 PM
- Pete Buttigieg can’t do the Pete Buttigieg dance Thursday 11:55 AM
- How a woman’s cold ‘rejection form’ text message became an ’emotional labor’ meme Thursday 11:52 AM
- How to watch Texas vs. Georgetown in the 2K Empire classic Thursday 11:40 AM
- Apple cancels premiere of original film ‘The Banker’ amid sexual abuse allegations Thursday 11:25 AM
For 35 seasons, Jeopardy has remained one of America’s most celebrated game shows, dishing out Daily Doubles for like it’s going out of style. Luckily, it very much is not—especially with wizards like Brad Rutter, Ken Jennings, and the latest quizmaster, James Holzhauer.
It makes sense that Holzhauer bets upwards of $20,000 on a question without batting an eye. He’s from Las Vegas, Nevada and makes a living as a professional sports gambler. It’s unlikely that Holzhauer will ever work another day in his life though, as he shatters Jeopardy records with every lightning-fast click of his buzzer. On April 9, he made a whopping $110,914 in a single episode. He later broke that record on April 17, when he raked in $131,127. In total, his winnings clock in at $1.69 million across 22 games that have aired.
Holzhauer’s winning streak isn’t slowing down, either. His secret? A memory that would rival the Three-Eyed Raven. His grey cells can dig up and spit out minutiae about just about every subject, which is why he’s been crowned Jeopardy’s greatest champion to date. Don’t miss a second as Holzhauer continues to shatter expectations and wow audiences with his massive trivia might.
Here’s everything you need to know to watch Jeopardy online for free.
Alex Trebek has served as the host of Jeopardy since 1984.
What time does Jeopardy air?
Jeopardy airs Monday-Friday at 7pm ET on ABC.
How to watch Jeopardy for free
All of the following live TV streaming services offer a one-week trial, so you can watch the latest episodes of Jeopardy for free. But they all vary in terms of which local channels they offer and their coverage areas. In some cases, a live version of ABC won’t be available; instead, the service will offer an on-demand version, allowing you to watch the next day. Be sure to use the links below to see exactly which channels you’ll receive with each service.
If you live in New York City, Philadelphia, Chicago, Houston, Denver, Boston, Dallas, or Washington, D.C., you can also try Locast, a not-for-profit service that lets you stream all of your local channels through any web browser. It’s a free service, but donations are encouraged.
- Cost: $44.95 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- Hulu devices: Roku, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Nintendo Switch, and iOS and Android devices
- Local channels: ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, the CW (check your local availability here)
Hulu with Live TV is one of the most popular ways to stream live. You gain access to a massive library of on-demand content, including classic and current TV shows, movies, plus Hulu’s original programming. As far as live-streaming goes, you’ll have almost 60 channels to flip through, including HGTV, a full suite of ESPN channels, Cartoon Network, FX, and even deep cuts like Nat Geo Wild and Syfy. Plus, you can watch all the Jeopardy episodes featuring James Holzhauer on-demand. (Here’s the complete list of Hulu Live TV channels.)
- The best new movies on Hulu: 2018 new releases to watch
- The best thrillers on Hulu
- Funny movies on Hulu when you need a good laugh
- 10 sad movies on Hulu guaranteed to make you cry
- Cost: $44.99-$79.99 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- PlayStation Vue devices: PlayStation 3 and 4, Roku, Amazon Fire, Google Chromecast, Kodi, iOS and Android devices
- Local channels: NBC, Fox, ABC, CBS (enter your ZIP code here to check your availability)
If you have a PS4 and are into the idea of having your gaming and streaming needs met in the same place, PlayStation Vue is made for you. Still, you don’t need a PS4 to enjoy this service. You can also use a Roku, Amazon Fire devices, and even Kodi. You’ll get access to great channels like AMC, BBC America, and Bravo in PlayStation Vue’s entry-level package. One subscription works with up to five devices, all with unlimited cloud DVR storage, which makes it one of the most binge-friendly solutions. (Here are all of PlayStation Vue channels.)
3) YouTube TV
- Cost: $49.99 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- YouTube TV devices: Google Chromecast, Roku, Apple TV, Android TV, Xbox One, iOS, and Android devices
- Local channels: NBC, CBS, Fox, ABC, the CW (enter your ZIP code here to check your availability)
YouTube TV is a great solution for families because one subscription can add up to six accounts. Each account comes with unlimited cloud DVR. There are sports channels like NBCSN, NBA TV, and four ESPN channels. Disney, Disney XD, Disney Junior, and Cartoon Network will keep any kid (or kid at heart) busy for hours. It also comes with a few Spanish-language channels like Telemundo and NBC Universo. AMC, BBC America, and IFC are there too so you won’t miss out on all that prestige TV. (You can find the full list of YouTube TV channels here.)
Where to watch Jeopardy episodes
- Cost: $7.99-13.99/month (after a free month)
- Devices: Amazon Fire Stick, Fire TV, Fire tablets, and Fire phone; Roku, Google TV, TiVo, PlayStation 3 and 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Wii
Netflix is the king of online streaming, or at least, it’s the most ubiquitous one. Full seasons aren’t available, but you can catch special collections of Jeopardy episodes such as Tournament of Champions, Kids Week, and Teachers Tournament.
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Jaime Carillo is a writer for Pure Nintendo and a plucky YouTube cook. He specializes in writing about console gaming and kitchen gadgets. It comes naturally, considering he's either wielding a massive cleaver or Switch Pro controller at any given point. When he's not cruising through a drive-thru at 2am, he's baking shokupan or whipping up a big pot of Japanese curry. He enjoys retro gaming, geopolitics, and Vic Berger videos.