The future depicted in Into the Badlands may be bleak, but it makes for great television. Five-hundred years from now in post-apocalyptic Oklahoma, a place now known as “The Badlands,” a feudal society of competing barons fight for dominance with their armies of dedicated “clippers” in tow.
Don’t look for guns in this Wild West of the future. Warriors wield Samurai swords, relying on melee weapons and martial arts to fight their foes. And considering the fact that nobody is innocent in the dystopic hell world, there’s no shortage of enemies no matter where loyalties may lie.
Veteran Hong Kong choreographer Ku Huen Chiu (Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon; Kill Bill) and executive producer Stephen Fung steer the show, which has been described as a “genre-bending martial arts series,” and the final episodes are finally here.
Here’s how to watch Into the Badlands online for free.
Into the Badlands cast
- Daniel Wu as Sunny
- Orla Brady as Lydia
- Sarah Bolger as Jade
- Aramis Knight as M.K.
- Emily Beecham as Minerva
- Oliver Stark as Ryder
- Madeleine Mantock as Veil
- Ally Ioannides as Tilda
- Marton Csokas as Quinn
- Nick Frost as Bajie
- Babou Ceesay as Pilgrim
- Lorraine Toussaint as Cressida
- Ella-Rae Smith as Nix
- Sherman Augustus as Nathaniel Moon
Was Into the Badlands canceled?
Unfortunately, season 3B of Into the Badlands will be its last. AMC officially canceled the series on Feb. 9, 2019.
When does Into the Badlands air?
The final season of Into the Badlands began on April 22, 2018. It returns from its midseason hiatus on Sunday, March 24, at 10pm ET.
How to watch Into the Badlands online for free
Each of the following live TV streaming services offers AMC as part of its channel suite. More importantly, each one comes with a seven-day free trial so you can watch Into the Badlands season 3 online for free. There are variations between the services, so pick one that suits your streaming needs and budget.
1) Sling TV
- Cost: $25-$40 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- Devices: Amazon Fire TVs, Android Fire Stick, Apple TV, Android TV, Roku, Xbox One, Google Chromecast, Oculus Go, and iOS and Android devices
- Local channels: NBC, Fox (check your local availability here)
For a more à la carte service, look to Sling TV. It offers two cable packages, Sling Orange and Sling Blue, both of which cost $25 per month. If you grab them both (Sling Orange + Blue) you can save $10 per month. Sling Blue offers more bang for your buck with over 40 channels, including sports necessities like FS1, NBCSN, and NFL Network. You’ll also gain access to the usual cable mainstays like Food Network, Discovery, Cartoon Network, SYFY, and FXX. Here’s the complete guide to Sling TV channels.
- Cost: $16 per month (after a free 7-day trial)
- Devices: Philo works with Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire Stick, and Fire TV, iOS, Android, and your web browser
Philo is the least expensive streaming service, but it has some limitations. You won’t find the sports channels that dominate other packages or local channels. However, it’s the cheapest way to gain access to AMC at only $16 a month. You will also find the best deal on popular channels like Animal Planet, IFC, Lifetime, and even deep cuts like IFC and ID. You also get free cloud DVR, but shows recorded are deleted after 30 days, so binge responsibly.
- Cost: $44.99-$79.99 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- PlayStation Vue devices: PlayStation 3 and 4, Roku, Amazon Fire, Google Chromecast, Kodi, iOS and Android devices
- Local channels: NBC, Fox, ABC, CBS (enter your ZIP code here to check your availability)
If you have a PS4 and are into the idea of having your gaming and streaming needs met in the same place, PlayStation Vue is made for you. Still, you don’t need a PS4 to enjoy this service. You can also use a Roku, Amazon Fire devices, and Kodi. In addition to AMC for Into the Badlands, you’ll gain access to other great channels like ESPN, BBC America, and Bravo in PlayStation Vue’s entry-level package. One subscription works with up to five devices, all with unlimited cloud DVR storage, which makes it one of the most binge-friendly solutions. (Here are all of PlayStation Vue channels.)
- Cost: $44.99 for your first month and $54.99 per month thereafter (after a 7-day free trial)
- FuboTV devices: Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire, Android TV, iOS and Android devices
- Local channels: ABC, Fox, NBC, CBS, the CW (in some markets) (check local availability here)
FuboTV was built from the ground up with sports fans in mind. There are different channel packages available whether you’re looking for basketball, soccer, golf, and even outdoor sports like rock climbing. But no worries, all the great cable channels you’re after are present too, including Viceland, Bravo, TBS, and IFC. Most importantly, it comes with AMC, so you’ll be able to watch Into the Badlands. Here’s the complete FuboTV channels list.
5) YouTube TV
- Cost: $49.99 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- YouTube TV devices: Google Chromecast, Roku, Apple TV, Android TV, Xbox One, iOS, and Android devices
- Local channels: NBC, CBS, Fox, ABC, the CW (enter your ZIP code here to check your availability)
YouTube TV is a great solution for families because one subscription can add up to six accounts. Each account comes with unlimited cloud DVR. There are sports channels like NBCSN, NBA TV, and four ESPN channels. Disney, Disney XD, Disney Junior, and Cartoon Network will keep any kid (or kid at heart) busy for hours. It also comes with a few Spanish-language channels like Telemundo and NBC Universo. AMC is, of course, included. You’ll get other great channels like BBC America, and IFC, so you won’t miss out on all that prestige TV. (You can find the full list of YouTube TV channels here.)
How to catch up on Into the Badlands episodes
If you’re looking for a place to catch up on older Into the Badlands episodes, there are a couple of solutions.
1) AMC Premiere
Cost: $4.99 per month, on top of your monthly cable or live TV streaming subscription
AMC Premiere works a bit differently from the typical on-demand channel service. You can watch AMC shows as soon as they are without commercials, along with exclusive content and behind-the-scenes footage. However, you need to have a cable or live TV streaming subscription to join, plus pay an additional $4.99 a month. If you’re addicted to Into the Badlands, Better Call Saul, and The Walking Dead, it may just be worth the price for you.
2) Amazon Video
- Cost: $1.99+/episode, $14.99/season
- Devices: Amazon Fire Stick, Fire TV, Fire tablets, and Fire phone; Roku, Google TV, TiVo, Nvidia Shield, PlayStation 3 and 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Wii
If you missed out on the first two seasons of Into the Badlands, you can buy episodes on Amazon Video. Single episodes start at $1.99, but you can get an entire season starting at $14.99.
- Cost: $7.99-13.99/month (after a free month)
- Devices: Amazon Fire Stick, Fire TV, Fire tablets, and Fire phone; Roku, Google TV, TiVo, PlayStation 3 and 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Wii
You can catch episodes from season 1, 2, and 3A on Netflix, which offers a free month of service to new subscribers.
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.