- West Virginia corrections employees suspended after Nazi salute photo surfaces Thursday 8:02 PM
- Here are the 15 best Eddie Murphy movies available to stream Thursday 7:56 PM
- Ex-InfoWars video editor admits to making up Islamophobic stories Thursday 6:55 PM
- WhatsApp accounts deleted amid Kashmir internet blackout Thursday 6:21 PM
- Guy gets mocked for tattoo of Baby Yoda drinking White Claw Thursday 6:18 PM
- Spotify Wrapped has people asking just how much it knows about us Thursday 5:50 PM
- Instagram account allegedly asked for inappropriate photos of children Thursday 5:16 PM
- How to stream ‘Boys vs. Bears on Thursday Night Football Thursday 4:33 PM
- Woman caught her boyfriend cheating through his Fitbit Thursday 4:29 PM
- The Pete Buttigieg ‘High Hopes’ dance was designed by an intern Thursday 4:17 PM
- TikTok admits to hiding content made by fat, LGBTQ, and disabled users Thursday 3:58 PM
- ‘Merry Happy Whatever’ is an unoriginal sitcom with plenty of holiday cheer Thursday 3:55 PM
- The ‘Pod Save America’ Bros are losing it over Joe Biden’s newest ad Thursday 3:28 PM
- Van Halen had a wholesome response in defense of Billie Eilish Thursday 3:15 PM
- Influencer faces wrath of K-pop fans after her son played with penis-shaped soap Thursday 1:27 PM
The true crime mystery made famous by Serial is finally getting a full-blown documentary. The Case Against Adnan Syed will dive into every tiny detail of the perplexing case. It all started in 1999, with the disappearance and murder of 18-year-old Baltimore County student Hae Min Lee, which resulted in the conviction of her ex-boyfriend Adnan Syed. Serial‘s long-form investigation of the case became a full-blown pop-culture phenomenon, garnering attention from online sleuths, investigators, conspiracy theorists, casual listeners, and law enforcement.
The Case Against Adnan Syed re-examines the case, from the events leading up to Lee’s disappearance to the police investigation to the present day, where Syed is awaiting a new trial. The four-part documentary series—directed by Oscar-nominee and true crime documentary veteran Amy Berg—promises groundbreaking revelations leading up to Syed’s retrial, which was granted in light of new evidence regarding cell phone data and more. Berg was granted exclusive access to Syed’s defense team, the Syed family, Lee and Syed’s friends, teachers, and members of the City of Baltimore law enforcement.
Here’s how to watch The Case Against Adnan Syed online for free.
What channel is The Case Against Adnan Syed on?
The Case Against Adnan Syed will be available exclusively on HBO.
- The best new movies on HBO: 2018 new releases
- The best HBO documentaries
- Here’s what’s new on HBO Go
When does The Case Against Adnan Syed premier?
Part 1 of The Case Against Adnan Syed will premiere on HBO on Sunday, March 10 at 9pm EST. Parts 2, 3, and 4 will air the following Sundays at 9pm EST.
How to watch The Case Against Adnan Syed online for free
The Adnan Syed documentary will only be available on HBO. But there are plenty of options to access the premium cable channel for free… at least for a week, anyway.
- Cost: $14.99 per month (after a 7-day free trial) for HBO | $119 per year for Prime
- Devices: Amazon Fire Stick, Fire TV, Fire tablets, and Fire phone; Roku, Google TV, TiVo, Nvidia Shield, PlayStation 3 and 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Wii
HBO is one of the best standalone channels available for purchase on Amazon Prime Video. If you’re a Prime subscriber, it’s a convenient place to keep your HBO subscription,and costs the usual $14.99 a month.
2) HBO Now
- Cost: $14.99 per month (after 7-day free trial)
- Devices: Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, and Fire TV Cube, Android TV, Apple TV, PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4, Roku, Samsung Smart TV, Xbox One and Xbox 360.
If all you want is HBO, its proprietary on-demand service HBO Now will give you instant access to the channel’s entire history of his shows, movies, and documentaries, along with the ability to live stream new shows and specials.
3) Hulu and Hulu with Live TV
- Cost: $7.99-$11.99 for Hulu or $40 per month (after a 7-day free trial) for Hulu with Live TV | $14.99 per month for HBO
- Hulu devices: Roku, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Nintendo Switch, and iOS and Android devices
- Local channels: ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, the CW (check your local availability here)
Adding HBO to your Hulu account is easy as pie. If you’re looking for an online cable package that comes with all that great Hulu on-demand content, Hulu With Live TV is a great offer at a great price. You’ll have almost 60 channels to flip through, including HGTV, a full suite of ESPN channels, Cartoon Network, FX, and even deep cuts like Nat Geo Wild and Syfy. Whichever Hulu package you choose, adding HBO will cost $14.99 a month, after your free trial expires. (Here’s the complete list of Hulu Live TV channels.)
- The best new movies on Hulu: 2018 new releases to watch
- The best thrillers on Hulu
- Funny movies on Hulu when you need a good laugh
- 10 sad movies on Hulu guaranteed to make you cry
- Cost: $44.99-$79.99 per month (after a 7-day free trial) | $14.99 per month for HBO
- PlayStation Vue devices: PlayStation 3 and 4, Roku, Amazon Fire, Google Chromecast, Kodi, iOS and Android devices
- Local channels: NBC, Fox, ABC, CBS (enter your ZIP code here to check your availability)
If you have a PS4 and want your gaming and streaming needs met in the same place, PlayStation Vue is for you. Jumping from your favorite game to your favorite show is seamless, and controlling it is as intuitive as playing an actual game. You don’t need a PS4 to enjoy this service, though. You can also use a Roku, Amazon Fire devices, and Kodi. Plus, you’ll get channels like AMC, BBC America, and Bravo in PlayStation Vue’s entry-level package. One subscription works with up to five devices, all with unlimited cloud DVR storage making it one of the most binge-friendly solutions. (Here are all of PlayStation Vue channels.)
5) DirecTV Now
- Cost: $40 to $75 per month (after a 7-day free trial) | $5 per month for HBO
- DirecTV Now devices: Roku, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, and Amazon Fire Stick
- Local channels: ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, the CW (enter your ZIP code here to check local availability)
Cable giant DirecTV offers its own online streaming solution with DirecTV Now. For those who need a pile of channels, DirecTV Now offers upwards of 125 channels in its most expensive package, in case you want to relive the days of endless surfing. However, its basic Live a Little Plan will cover most of your live-streaming needs, including the lowest price for HBO at only $5 a month. (You can find the full list of DirecTV Now channels here.)
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Jaime Carillo is a writer for Pure Nintendo and a plucky YouTube cook. He specializes in writing about console gaming and kitchen gadgets. It comes naturally, considering he's either wielding a massive cleaver or Switch Pro controller at any given point. When he's not cruising through a drive-thru at 2am, he's baking shokupan or whipping up a big pot of Japanese curry. He enjoys retro gaming, geopolitics, and Vic Berger videos.