- Former Alaska senator launches meme-filled 2020 primary campaign 6 Months Ago
- The Shane Dawson cat controversy has resulted in these sex memes 6 Months Ago
- Sarah Sanders mocks CNN reporter with ‘dear diary’ tweet Today 9:03 AM
- Know what you’re signing up for thanks to these dating site reviews Today 8:58 AM
- CBS All Access now offers a month for free—just in time for March Madness Today 8:39 AM
- The Apex Legends: season 1 battle pass is finally here—and there’s a lot to unpack Today 8:38 AM
- Woodstock 50 lineup, rumored ticket prices leave fans on Twitter fuming Today 8:18 AM
- How to stream ‘Pretty Little Liars: The Perfectionists’ for free Today 6:30 AM
- As followers get more violent, should 8chan ban QAnon? Today 6:30 AM
- What you need to know about DVR on DirecTV Now Today 5:30 AM
- How to stream Hulu’s ‘The Act’ for free Today 5:00 AM
- Devin Nunes’ lawsuit with Twitter over parody accounts inspires more parody accounts Tuesday 7:53 PM
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez posts SpongeBob meme to diss Green New Deal adversaries Tuesday 7:23 PM
- Twitter blasts Benny Johnson over heinous Native American ‘socialist’ reservations take Tuesday 6:16 PM
- New Zealand arrests 2 for sharing video of mosque shooting Tuesday 4:44 PM
Never miss another game.
You no longer need a massive cable package to watch Big Ten Network. In fact, it’s never been easier (or cheaper) to live stream Big Ten Network, thanks to the rise of live TV streaming services. To figure out which one is right for you, you’ll need to think about what devices you’re using to stream, what other channels you’re interested in, and how much you’re willing to spend. Here’s everything you need to know to watch a Big Ten Network live stream.
What is the Big Ten Network?
Operated by Fox Sports, Big Ten Network is a sports channel devoted to the Big Ten Conference: Indiana University, University of Maryland, University of Michigan, Michigan State University, Ohio State University, Penn State University, Rutgers University, University of Illinois, University of Iowa, University of Minnesota, University of Nebraska, Northwestern University, Purdue University, and University of Wisconsin.
Big Ten Network hosts hundreds of live sporting events every year and covers every sport. It’s essential during college football season in particular. But there’s more to watch on Big Ten Network than just games and highlights. It’s arguably the best conference sports channel, with weekly programming that includes seven different weekly shows devoted to Big Ten football, most notably Big Ten Tonight, Big Ten Tailgate, and Big Ten Football Saturday.
- How to stream Pac-12 Network online
- How to stream ACC Network Extra
- How to watch Mountain West Network football games online
- How to watch SEC Network online
How to watch Big Ten Network online: 6 ways to live stream
|SERVICE||MONTHLY COST||FREE TRIAL|
|Hulu Live TV||$40||CLICK HERE|
When it comes to Big Ten Network streaming, five out of the six major live TV services carry the channel, and your subscription doubles as your entry pass to the BTN2Go app (detailed below). The only service that doesn’t carry Big Ten Network is Sling TV, but it still has an impressive channel lineup. Here’s what you need to know to about each way to way to watch Big Ten Network online and the game-changing feature for each service.
- Cost: $40 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- Hulu devices: Roku, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Nintendo Switch, and iOS and Android devices
- Hulu local channels: ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, the CW (check your local availability here)
Hulu with Live TV offers the best of both worlds when it comes to streaming entertainment: a deep library of on-demand content and original programming combined with 40 channels of live TV. It’s a great package for watching college football, with ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNEWS, and ESPNU, along with FS1 and FS2, all accounted for, in addition to local channels. Worth noting: For an extra $4 per month, you can upgrade to Hulu with No Commercials so you can binge without interruptions. (You can find the full list of Hulu Live TV channels and add-ons here.)
Game-changing feature: Every subscription comes with free access to Hulu’s on-demand library, meaning you can catch up on all of your favorite shows. (Here are our picks best movies on Hulu, Hulu documentaries, anime, and the must-see Hulu originals.)
- Cost: $39.99 for your first month and $44.99 per month thereafter (after a 7-day free trial)
- FuboTV devices: Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire, Android TV, iOS and Android devices
- FuboTV local channels: Fox, NBC, CBS (check local availability here)
FuboTV comes with four channels of Big Ten Network, but it’s also unclear why you would need four channels of Big Ten Network. At the very least, you can assume you’ll never have to worry about missing part of a game because the one before it got delayed or went into overtime. In general, FuboTV’s basic plan boasts 85 channels, with a strong emphasis on sports and international soccer, but it unfortunately lacks ESPN. Here’s a comprehensive rundown of the FuboTV channel lineup and available add-ons.
Game-changing feature: Three-day replay for games and 30 hours of cloud DVR.
- Cost: $44.99-$79.99 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- PlayStation Vue devices: PlayStation 3 and 4, Roku, Amazon Fire, Google Chromecast, Kodi, iOS and Android devices
- Local channels: NBC, Fox, ABC, CBS (enter your ZIP code here to check your availability)
PlayStation Vue has four tiers of channels. You’ll need at least the $49.99 per month Core package to get a Big Ten Network live stream. At that level, you’ll also get ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, FS1, FS2, and the SEC Network, plus some other great sports channels, like NBA TV and NFL Network. You can see the full list of PlayStation Vue channels here. Worth noting: PlayStation Vue is Kodi compatible.
Game-changing feature: You can stream on up to five devices at once, and there’s unlimited cloud DVR.
4) YouTube TV
- Cost: $40 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- YouTube TV devices: Google Chromecast, Roku, Apple TV, Android TV, Xbox One, iOS and Android devices
- Local channels: NBC, CBS, Fox, ABC, the CW (enter your ZIP code here to check your availability)
- YouTube TV has staked its reputation on streaming live sports. Its full channel lineup includes ESPN, FS1, MLB Network, and NBA TV, along with a couple of college sports networks (SEC Network, Big Ten Network), and three channels for MLS teams. The only real knock on YouTube TV is that you can’t use Amazon Fire and that it lacks add-ons like NFL RedZone. (Here’s a breakdown of the full YouTube TV channel lineup.)
Game-changing feature: You can add up to six accounts per household, and each one of those accounts get unlimited cloud DVR. Even better: You can fast-forward through ads in recorded programs.
5) DirecTV Now
- Cost: $40-$75 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- DirecTV Now devices: Roku, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, and Amazon Fire Stick
- Local channels: ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, the CW (enter your ZIP code here to check local availability)
You can watch Big Ten Network online with every DirecTV Now package, starting with the $55-per-month Just Right collection, which offers more than 85 channels. That includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1, and NFL Network, along with most of the channels you’ve come to count on from cable (AMC, Comedy Central, FX). There’s a lot you won’t need, and even more you can add with more expensive packages, but Just Right more than lives up to its name. You can also add HBO for just $5 per month. (Here’s a complete guide to DirecTV Now channels.)
Game-changing feature: AT&T Unlimited customers can save $25 a month off every DirecTV Now package.
- How to watch NFL RedZone without cable
- How to watch NFL Network online
- How to watch Thursday Night Football for free on Twitch
- How to stream NFL games online: A complete guide to the 2018 season
You’ll need a cable or live TV streaming subscription (YouTube TV, Hulu with Live TV, DirecTV Now, PlayStation Vue, or FuboTV) to access BTN2Go, but it’s a great mobile solution that also works in a pinch with Roku and Chromecast. With BTN2Go, you can stream any Big Ten Network game or event, and it offers next-day on-demand streaming of Big Ten games in case your Saturday gets away from you. But here’s the best part: BTN2Go streams multiple games at once, so you don’t have to worry about a game running late: You can just turn to the one you want on BTN2Go.
New to cord-cutting? Here are our picks for the best movie streaming sites of 2018 and free live TV apps and channels. If you’re looking for a specific channel, here’s how to watch HBO, Showtime, Starz, Sundance TV, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, ESPNU, Willow, AMC, FX, Fox News, Freeform, MSNBC, CNN, CNBC, FS1, TBS, TNT, Tennis Channel, Golf Channel, Syfy, HGTV, Cartoon Network/Adult Swim, Bravo, Lifetime, Discovery, PBS, the CW, BBC, CSPAN, NBA TV, MTV, Comedy Central, Food Network, TLC, HLN, A&E, Animal Planet, National Geographic, the Weather Channel, the History Channel, and NFL RedZone without cable, as well as free movies on YouTube. If you’re on the move, here’s how to watch Fox Sports Go and live stream NBC Sports.
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Austin Powell is the managing editor of the Daily Dot. His work focuses on the intersection of entertainment and technology. He previously served as a music columnist for the Austin Chronicle and is the co-author of The Austin Chronicle Music Anthology.