- People are roasting this ‘traditional’ take on marriage with a hilarious meme Saturday 5:17 PM
- The internet just collectively realized that the Neopets of the world must be hungry Saturday 4:00 PM
- Alt-right message board 8chan was served a search warrant Saturday 3:06 PM
- O.J. Simpson just joined Twitter in the most bizarre fashion Saturday 1:20 PM
- Prominent phone-hacking firm says it can unlock any iPhone for law enforcement Saturday 12:39 PM
- Hundreds of police officers belong to extremist Facebook groups, investigation finds Saturday 9:31 AM
- How to watch Tyson Fury vs. Tom Schwarz online Saturday 8:00 AM
- ‘Late Night’ is a disappointing, tepid comedy Saturday 7:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Love It or List It’ for free Saturday 7:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 Concacaf Gold Cup online for free Saturday 6:55 AM
- Borderlands 3 preview suggests the aging series can still hang with the cool kids Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to stream the 2019 College World Series for free Saturday 6:00 AM
- Police try to solve domestic violence by giving victims blunt kitchen knives Friday 5:40 PM
- Privacy activist Ola Bini detained for 2 months in Ecuador without charges Friday 5:01 PM
- Twitter says suspending ‘God’ for a pro-LGBTQ tweet was an ‘error’ Friday 4:14 PM
Here’s everything you need to know.
As American sports fans know well, the battle over live game rights can cause a headache for fans who just want to know which leagues are on which channels. And soccer fans know well what it’s like to run into obstacles when trying to find your club on satellite or cable TV. But for online viewers, there’s a better solution than going to a sports bar at 10am every Saturday: the beIN Sports network.
Here’s everything you need to know to watch a beIN SPORTS live stream for free.
What is beIN SPORTS?
BeIN Sports was created in 2011 after French Ligue 1 made a four-year deal with Al-Jazeera Media Network. Over the past decade, beIN has amassed a number of live rights, primarily for soccer, that can be broadcast or streamed through services like FuboTV and Sling TV. Along with Ligue 1 and both French Cups, beIN SPORTS also has rights to Spain’s La Liga, CONMEBOL Qualifiers, Copa Libertadores, Copa Sudamericana, and the African Cup of Nations. Perhaps its most important asset, beIN SPORTS has extensive pre- and post-game coverage of the biggest La Liga events.
While beIN Sports isn’t available on every major live TV streaming service—it’s missing from Hulu, YouTube TV, DirecTV Now and PlayStation Vue—you still have a few options, and all of them come with at least a free seven-day trial.
1) Sling TV
- Sling TV pricing: $25-$40 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- Sling TV devices: Amazon Fire TVs, Android Fire Stick, Apple TV, Android TV, Roku, Xbox One, Google Chromecast, Oculus Go, and iOS and Android devices
- Sling TV local channels: NBC, Fox (check your local availability here)
Sling TV offers two base channel packages, both of which cost just $25 per month: Sling Orange contains three ESPN channels, and Sling Blue boasts FS1, FS2, and NBCSN, in addition to local channels. Sling Orange + Blue combines the two packages for $40 per month. To get the most international soccer action, you’ll want to add either Sports Extra: Sling Orange ($5 per month) or Sports Extra: Sling Blue ($10 per month) for a beIn Sports live stream. The main difference between the two is that the latter also includes NFL RedZone. Alternatively, you can add Español: Best of Spanish TV package for Sling Orange or Sling Blue to get the 24/7 specialty channel LaLiga TV and beIN Sports Connect: Channels 4-9, which features matches from La Liga, Ligue 1, Copa del Rey, among others. Both packages cost $5 per month after your free trial. (Here’s the complete guide to Sling TV channels.)
- Cost: $44.99 for your first month and $54.99 per month thereafter (after a 7-day free trial)
- FuboTV devices: Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire, Android TV, iOS and Android devices
- FuboTV local channels: Fox, NBC, CBS (check local availability here)
FuboTV is one of the leading live TV streaming services, offering a compelling combination of sports (including NBA TV and NFL Network), entertainment (AMC, Syfy, and FX), and news (MSNBC, CNN) channels in its core package. FuboTV really shines with international soccer, offering UniMas, 10 beIN Sports live stream channels, NBCSN, FS1 and FS2, and more, so you can watch everything from English Premier League to La Liga all in one place. You’ll also get three-day replay for games and 30 hours of cloud DVR. (Here’s the complete guide to FuboTV channels.)
- Cost: $9.99 per month or $4.99 for 24-hour access (after a 14-day free trial)
- Devices: Apple TV, Roku, Chromecast, Amazon Fire TV, and iOS and Android devices
Fanatiz is a relatively new player int he streaming space, but if you’re specifically looking for a way to stream beIN Sports, it’s your cheapest option. You’ll get both the English and Spanish version of beIN Sports with a paid subscription, along with GolTV, TyC Sports Internacional, Nuestra Tele Internacional, and something called #XTREMEFOOTBALL.
New to cord-cutting? Here are our picks for the best movie streaming sites of 2018 and free live TV apps and channels. If you’re looking for a specific channel, here’s how to watch HBO, Showtime, Starz, Sundance TV, ESPN, ESPN3, ESPNU, Willow, AMC, FX, Fox News, Freeform, MSNBC, CNN, CNBC, FS1, TBS, TNT, Tennis Channel, Golf Channel, Syfy, HGTV, Cartoon Network/Adult Swim, Bravo, Lifetime, Discovery, PBS, the CW, BBC, CSPAN, NBA TV, MTV, Comedy Central, Food Network, TLC, HLN, A&E, Animal Planet, National Geographic, the Weather Channel, the History Channel, and NFL RedZone without cable, as well as free movies on YouTube. If you’re on the move, here’s how to watch Fox Sports Go and live stream NBC Sports.
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Jackson Fowler is the Daily Dot's resident soccer expert. He's an editorial intern with the newsroom this semester. You can follow him on Twitter at @jacksonflwoer.