The 2018-19 edition of the UEFA Champions League has given us a semifinals matchup worthy of the finals. Barcelona, hosting the first leg on Wednesday, won another La Liga title over the weekend—its eighth in the past 11 seasons — and the team is in the finals of the Copa del Rey, Spain’s answer to the FA Cup. Yet Barcelona has found Champions League glory relatively elusive. The club last won in 2014-15, breaking up rival Real Madrid’s string of four titles in the past five years. They’ll meet Liverpool, which has enjoyed one of the best Premier League seasons in history—and yet they still could finish second to Manchester City.
Barcelona vs. Liverpool
- When: 3pm ET, Wednesday, May 1
- Where: Camp Nou in Barcelona, Spain
- Streaming: TNT, UniMas, Univision Deportes
Barcelona vs. Liverpool live stream: Watch UEFA Champions League matches for free
Each of the following services carries TNT, providing a one-week trial and therefore an easy way to watch UEFA Champions League matches for free.
1) Sling TV
- Sling TV pricing: $25-$40 per month (40% off first month)
- Sling TV devices: Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, Apple TV, Android TV, Roku, Xbox One, Google Chromecast, Oculus Go, Microsoft Edge, and iOS and Android devices
- Sling TV local channels: NBC, Fox (check your local availability here)
Sling TV provides two base channel package options, each priced at $25 per month. Sling Orange includes three ESPN channels, while Sling Blue includes sports channels like NFL Network, FS1 and FS2, NBCSN, and local channels. If you’re Team “Why Not Both,” Sling Orange + Blue combines the two for just $40 per month. To add beIN SPORTS and maximize your soccer-watching potential, you’ll want to add either Sports Extra: Sling Orange ($5 per month) or Sports Extra: Sling Blue ($10 per month). (The latter also includes NFL RedZone.)
Spanish-speaking viewers have quite a few options. For bilingual families, you might consider the Español: Best of Spanish TV package for either Sling Orange or Sling Blue for 24/7 specialty channel LaLiga TV and beIN SPORTS Connect: Channels 4-9, which features matches from LaLiga, Ligue 1 and Copa del Rey, among others. Both packages cost $5 per month after your free trial. Sling TV Latino is another Spanish-language package for $10 per month, including NBC Universo, History en Español, and—of import to soccer fans—four beIN SPORTS channels. (And choosing Sling TV Latino + Sling Orange for $30 per month gives you access to ESPN Deportes.) For more information, check out our guide to Sling TV channels and our Sling TV review.
- Cost: $44.99 for the first month, $54.99 per month thereafter (after a 7-day free trial)
- FuboTV devices: Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, Android TV, iOS and Android devices
- FuboTV local channels: Fox, NBC, CBS (check local availability here)
FuboTV is a solid TV streaming service option, whether your tastes run to entertainment (AMC, Syfy, FX), news (MSNBC, CNN), or sports (NBA TV, NFL Network). If you’re a soccer fan, however, it will appear tailor-made for you, with 10 beIN SPORTS channels, NBCSN, FS1, FS2, UniMás, and Champions League actions via TNT all on tap. If you can’t watch a match live, FuboTV offers a three-day replay for each match and 30 hours of cloud DVR. (Check out the complete FuboTV channels list.)
FuboTV also has bilingual families in mind; each subscription comes with UniMás, Galavisión, NBC Universo, beIN SPORTS, Univision, and Fox Deportes. An extra $7.99 per month will bring you Latino Plus, which includes CNN en Español and TyC Sports among its offerings.
- Cost: $44.99-$79.99 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- PlayStation Vue devices: PlayStation 3 and 4, Roku, Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, Google Chromecast, Kodi, iOS and Android devices
- PlayStation Vue local channels: NBC, Fox, ABC, CBS (enter your ZIP code here to check your availability)
PlayStation Vue is a fantastic option for soccer fans who already own a PlayStation console, but this streaming platform is available on a variety of devices. TNT is part of a core package of channels that offer soccer and other sports program, and the options increase at the Elite and Ultra levels.
- Cost: $44.99 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- Hulu devices: Roku, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Nintendo Switch, and iOS and Android devices
- Hulu local channels: ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, the CW (check your local availability here)
Hulu with Live TV includes sports programming among its broad spectrum of offerings, and as a subscriber to the service, you’ll get free access to Hulu’s sizable on-demand library. (Check out the full list of Hulu Live TV channels.)
5) YouTube TV
- Cost: $50 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- YouTube TV devices: Google Chromecast, Roku, Apple TV, Android TV, Xbox One, iOS and Android devices
- YouTube TV local channels: NBC, CBS, Fox, ABC, the CW (enter your ZIP code here to check your availability)
YouTube TV is a great option for soccer fans, including TNT for Champions League matches, NBCSN for Premier League matches, and broadcasting partnerships with three MLS teams. (Take a look at the full list of YouTube TV channels here.)
Barcelona vs. Liverpool: Why it matters
Whoever emerges from this clash of titans will be in the finals to take home the Champions League trophy. If Barcelona wins this series and goes on to win the title, it will continue a recent run of wins from Spain’s two biggest clubs, and it will be another jewel in Lionel Messi’s Thanos glove of club soccer dominance. Liverpool, which won this tournament in 2005, is actually one of two English clubs remaining; they have the possibility to be the first English title-holders since Chelsea surprised Bayern Munich in 2012. Coach Jürgen Klopp has built an electric squad, with Roberto Firmino, Sadio Mane, and Mohamed Salah all potent scorers. They made it to last year’s finals and fell to Real Madrid; they’re definitely eager to return to the title game and get over that last hurdle.
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.