Set in sunny San Diego, Abby (Natalie Morales) runs a bar out of her backyard, where the beers are cheap and the company is always great. Here’s the thing, though: Abby’s is a makeshift bar and totally unlicensed, but she still adheres to a very strict set of rules. Abby doesn’t allow her patrons to take out their cellphones, and all prospective customers must rise through the ranks to actually sit at the bar.
It all makes total sense, considering that she’s an ex-Marine staff sergeant. Unfortunately, her new landlord, the recently divorced Bill, isn’t too keen on the massive health code violations Abby is racking up in her backyard. Hopefully, he warms to the idea!
Here’s everything you need to know to watch Abby’s online for free.
- Natalie Morales as Abby
- Neil Flynn as Fred
- Nelson Franklin as Bill
- Jessica Chaffin as Beth
- Leonard Ouzts as James
- Kimia Behpoornia as Rosie
What time is Abby’s on?
Abby’s premiered Thursday, March 28, 2019, at 9:30pm ET/PT on NBC. West Coasters, this is your warning to avoid social media for a couple of hours if you don’t want any spoilers.
How to watch Abby’s online for free
While there are variations in their coverage areas and other local channels, all of the major live TV streaming service offer NBC. Even better, you can try any of them with a one-week free trial, allowing you to get started with no upfront cost.
1) Sling TV
- Cost: $25-$40 per month (40% off first month)
- Devices: Amazon Fire TVs, Android Fire Stick, Apple TV, Android TV,Roku, Xbox One, Google Chromecast, Oculus Go, and iOS and Android devices
- Local channels: NBC, Fox (check your local availability here)
For a more à la carte service, look to Sling TV. It offers two cable packages, Sling Orange and Sling Blue, both of which cost $25 per month. If you grab them both (Sling Orange + Blue) you can save $10 per month. Sling Blue offers more bang for your buck with over 40 channels, including sports necessities like FS1, NBCSN, and NFL Network. You’ll need either Sling Blue or Sling Orange + Blue to get local channels like NBC, where you’ll stream Abby’s. You’ll also gain access to the usual cable mainstays like Food Network, Discovery, Cartoon Network, SYFY, and FXX. Here’s our complete guide to Sling TV channels.
- Cost: $54.99 per month
- Hulu devices: Roku, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Nintendo Switch, and iOS and Android devices
- Local channels: ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, the CW (check your local availability here)
Hulu with Live TV is one of the most popular ways to stream live TV, perhaps because you gain access to a massive library of on-demand content including classic and current TV shows, movies, not to mention Hulu’s original programming. As far as live-streaming goes, you’ll have almost 60 channels to flip through, including HGTV, a full suite of ESPN channels, Cartoon Network, FX, and even deep cuts like Nat Geo Wild and Syfy. Here’s the complete list of Hulu Live TV channels.
- The best new movies on Hulu: 2018 new releases to watch
- The best thrillers on Hulu
- Funny movies on Hulu when you need a good laugh
- 10 sad movies on Hulu guaranteed to make you cry
- Cost: $44.99 for your first month and $54.99 per month thereafter
- FuboTV devices: Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire, Android TV, iOS and Android devices
- Local channels: ABC, Fox, NBC, CBS, the CW (in some markets) (check local availability here)
FuboTV was built from the ground up with sports fans in mind. There are different channel packages available whether you’re looking for basketball, soccer, golf, and even outdoor sports like rock climbing. But no worries, all the great cable channels you’re after are present too, including Viceland, Bravo, TBS, and IFC. Here’s the complete FuboTV channels list.
4) YouTube TV
- Cost:$49.99 per month
- YouTube TV devices: Google Chromecast, Roku, Apple TV, Android TV, Xbox One, iOS, and Android devices
- Local channels: NBC, CBS, Fox, ABC, the CW (enter your ZIP code hereto check your availability)
YouTube TV is a great solution for families because one subscription can add up to six accounts. Each account comes with unlimited cloud DVR. There are sports channels like NBCSN, NBA TV, and four ESPN channels. Disney, Disney XD, Disney Junior, and Cartoon Network will keep any kid (or kid at heart) busy for hours. It also comes with a few Spanish-language channels like Telemundo and NBC Universo. AMC, BBC America, and IFC are there too, so you won’t miss out on all that prestige TV. (You can find the full list of YouTube TV channels here.)
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.