- ‘American Dirt’ controversy inspires meme about Latinx stereotypes in literature Wednesday 9:02 PM
- What is the TikTok ‘flex challenge’? Wednesday 8:03 PM
- GoFundMe to send ‘Target Tori’ on vacation raises more than $30K Wednesday 6:54 PM
- Furries stop domestic assault in viral video Wednesday 6:10 PM
- Gritty under police investigation for allegedly punching a teen fan Wednesday 6:04 PM
- Twitter users throw animal parties with emoji in new meme Wednesday 5:21 PM
- Woman who went viral supporting Soleimani killing exposed as Libyan militia lobbyist Wednesday 5:01 PM
- Jeff Bezos subtweets Saudi prince following phone hack report Wednesday 3:29 PM
- ‘Yeah, good. OK’ Bernie Sanders meme is a new way to dismiss people Wednesday 3:10 PM
- ‘Vanderpump Rules’ recap: Petty displays of affection Wednesday 2:12 PM
- Makeup artist transforms into Timothée Chalamet on TikTok Wednesday 1:54 PM
- Iguanas are falling from trees—and people are selling them online for food Wednesday 1:02 PM
- 75,000 sign petition to fire Wendy Williams after ‘cleft lip’ comment about Joaquin Phoenix Wednesday 12:30 PM
- Kim Kardashian says Kylie Jenner’s setting spray is ‘cheap sh*t’ Wednesday 11:59 AM
- Trump continues to demand Apple unlock iPhones for the government Wednesday 11:46 AM
Even in their one loss this year, the San Francisco 49ers have proven their doubters wrong. The team’s dominant defense and powerful running game have been excellent every single week. But, if there’s one immutable law of the modern NFL, it is to never underestimate Aaron Rodgers and the Green Bay Packers.
This Niners team is known for its defense, led by elite players like Nick Bosa, Dee Ford, and DeForest Buckner. But, in recent weeks, San Francisco’s offense has taken a step forward as quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo has developed a better rapport with his pass-catchers.
In Green Bay, the focus has been on a newly implemented offense and Aaron Rodgers’ subsequent renaissance. A defense that began the season as an elite unit has stumbled all the way to 19th in Defensive DVOA, despite having some of the league’s best pass rushers.
Though both of these teams seem destined for the postseason, San Francisco is the more balanced squad. However, it still remains to be seen how Jimmy G stacks up to Aaron Rodgers in primetime. Here’s everything you need to know to live stream 49ers vs. Packers, including what to watch for on the field.
|HOW TO WATCH 49ERS VS. PACKERS WITHOUT CABLE|
|HULU WITH LIVE TV||TRY NOW|
|SLING TV||TRY NOW|
San Francisco 49ers vs. Green Bay Packers
- When: 8:20pm ET, Sunday, Nov. 24 (coverage begins at 7pm ET)
- Where: Levi’s Stadium in Santa Clara, California
- Streaming: Sunday Night Football airs exclusively on NBC and is available on any platform that carries the network. Fans have a number of options for streaming the week’s marquee game.
How to stream Sunday Night Football online
- Cost: $54.99 per month
- FuboTV devices: Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire, Android TV, iOS and Android devices
- FuboTV local channels: Fox, NBC, CBS (check local availability here)
If you’re a big-time sports fan, FuboTV is your best streaming service option. If you love international soccer and you’re a Spanish speaker, FuboTV also offers various add-on packages, including Fubo Latino and Fubo Português. FuboTV’s basic plan showcases nearly 100 channels and includes NFL Network. At $54.99 per month, you’ll also get FS1, FS2, NBCSN, NBA TV, Big Ten Network, Pac 12 Network, BeIn Sports, and CBS Sports Network, along with premium channels like FX/FXX/FXM. The only notable omission for sports fans is ESPN. You can add Fubo’s Sports Plus package for an additional $8.99 per month, which allows you to stream NFL RedZone. (Here’s the complete FuboTV channels list.)
- Cost: $54.99 per month
- Hulu devices: Roku, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Nintendo Switch, and iOS and Android devices
- Hulu local channels: ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, the CW (check your local availability here)
Hulu with Live TV includes sports programming among its offerings, including ESPN and FS1, and as a subscriber to the service, you’ll get access to Hulu’s sizable on-demand library. (Check out the full list of Hulu Live TV channels.)
3) Sling TV
- Cost: $30-$45 per month (40% off first month)
- Sling TV devices: Amazon Fire TVs, Android Fire Stick, Apple TV, Android TV, Roku, Xbox One, Google Chromecast, Oculus Go, and iOS and Android devices
- Sling TV local channels: NBC, Fox (check your local availability here)
Both Sling Blue ($25 per month) or Sling Orange + Blue ($40 per month) include NFL Network and a number of sports channels—like three ESPN channels, FS1, Fs2, and NBCSN—and it’s still a nice perk that Sling subscribers can order a la carte packages. Sling TV also offers a special Latino package for bilingual viewers. Sling TV is currently offering a deal where you can subscribe for 40% off the regular price for the first month of your subscription. That means Sling Blue would cost $15, and Sling Orange + Blue would cost $25. (Here’s a complete guide to Sling TV channels and our Sling TV review.)
For $10 extra per month, you can get NFL RedZone via the Sling Blue Sports Extra package.
How to use AirTV with Sling
AirTV solves one of Sling’s biggest problems: The inability to receive all of your local channels. By purchasing a basic AirTV for $79.99 or the AirTV Player for $119.99, you can merge those local channels into your Sling TV, (or on your mobile device if you have the basic AirTV). As the Daily Dot wrote in its AirTV review, “It’s practically magic.”
The basic AirTV is a dual-tuner streaming device, while the AirTV Player is basically an upgraded Chromecast that has Netflix preinstalled. You’ll still need to own an HD antenna because even though AirTV gets you access to your local channels, it doesn’t actually physically show them to you.
But AirTV—which has no monthly fee—serves to strengthen one of Sling’s biggest weaknesses compared to other live streaming services like Hulu with Live TV, YouTube TV, and PlayStation Vue. All those services have plenty of local channels.
4) YouTube TV
- Cost: $50 per month
- YouTube TV devices: Google Chromecast, Roku, Apple TV, Android TV, Xbox One, iOS and Android devices
- YouTube TV local channels: NBC, CBS, Fox, ABC, the CW (enter your ZIP code here to check your availability)
Devices: Roku, Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, Xbox, iOS and Android devices
If you have cable or one of the aforementioned live TV streaming services, you can download the NBC Sports app and watch Sunday Night Football there in HD. If you’re using a web browser, you may need to install the latest version of Adobe Flash and your browser will need to be current enough to support HTML5 Media Source Extensions. You’ll also need an internet connection of at least 10 Mbps. (Here are some tips for faster Wi-Fi.)
San Francisco 49ers vs. Green Bay Packers stream: What to watch for
Can this San Francisco team beat Aaron Rodgers?
It’s a tough question to answer until we see both teams on the field. Early in the season, it would have been hard to imagine Jimmy G stacking up against Rodgers. In recent weeks, though, the 49ers’ passing game has been much improved. Last week, the running game stalled with Matt Braida sidelined, and Jimmy G threw for 424 yards. A couple weeks before, he put up 317 yards and four TDs. The passing game in San Francisco is no longer an afterthought, thanks to the emergence of Deebo Samuel and Emmanuel Sanders and the continued development of Garoppolo.
The Niners defense keeps humming along at a historic level of excellence. This unit boasts three of the top 25 sack leaders in the NFL in Arik Armstead, Nick Bosa, and Dee Ford anchoring an amazing defensive front line. San Francisco’s defense has traded off with the Patriots for #1 in Defensive DVOA all year, as both teams are playing stunning football.
After a flukey loss to the Chargers, Green Bay got back on track before their bye with a decisive win against the Panthers. In that matchup, we saw more of what has made the Packers offensive so effective. Aaron Jones ran for three TDs, and Rodgers had a fine day, feeding Davante Adams for seven catches and 118 yards.
Though the Pack’s defense isn’t a top tier unit, Preston and Za’Darius Smith have created headaches for opposing QBs. The linebackers sit at number four and number seven in sacks, respectively. Though you can pass and run on this Green Bay team, they can still put a hurting on an opponent.
This game feels like a toss-up, and the outcome will likely come down to quarterbacking. If Jimmy G can put up a stat line comparable to Rodgers, his more talented roster should lift the Niners over the Packers. If he can’t stack up to the Green Bay signal-caller, then it may not matter that the rest of his team is so good.
We’ll give a slight edge to the 49ers, but we wouldn’t be surprised if the Packers found a way to win.
- How to watch NFL RedZone without cable
- How to watch NFL Sunday Ticket without a DirecTV satellite
- How to watch NFL Network online (without cable)
For a year-round sports fix, sign up here to receive our weekly boxing newsletter. You’ll hear about all the biggest fights and best knockouts from the Daily Dot’s streaming sports guru Josh Katzowitz.
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Brenden Gallagher is a politics reporter and cultural commentator. His work has been published by Motherboard, Complex, and VH1. He’s the co-founder of Beer Money Films, an indie production company. Based in Los Angeles, he works in television drama as a writers assistant.