- YouTube rapper who glorifies pimping has been charged with human trafficking 2 Years Ago
- Amy Klobuchar lists net neutrality as part of her 100-day plan for presidency Today 8:54 AM
- Reddit just banned the NBA Streams subreddit Today 8:17 AM
- How to watch ‘Drunk History’ for free Today 8:00 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Unit 42’ soars on the chemistry of its unlikely lead partners Today 7:30 AM
- How to watch ‘Good Trouble’ for free Today 7:00 AM
- It’s time for Pete Buttigieg to claim his status as Short King Today 6:30 AM
- The best foreign-language TV shows on Netflix Today 6:00 AM
- Hasan Minhaj explains why your internet sucks in ‘Patriot Act’ episode, puts it on DVD Monday 8:41 PM
- Hackers got control of Dylan Sprouse’s Twitter account, posted offensive content Monday 7:38 PM
- Twitch is suing the trolls who flooded the platform with porn and Christchurch shooting footage Monday 6:55 PM
- Cat filter turns Pakistani politicians’ press conference into frisky business Monday 6:12 PM
- Couple calls for boycott of dog walker app Wag! after their dog was abducted Monday 5:07 PM
- Trump gets banned from SeekingArrangement because he’s not a ‘real sugar daddy’ Monday 4:17 PM
- InfoWars accidentally sent child porn to lawyers representing Sandy Hook parents Monday 4:12 PM
If 2016 had you chasing Squirtles through your office bathroom, there’s about to be a new augmented reality game in your life. It’s called The Walking Dead: Our World, and Apple announced that it’s slated to launch for iOs and Android “soon.”
Like Pokémon Go before it, the Walking Dead game will fill your day-to-day surroundings with surprise elements from the characters’ universe. AMC says the game “will enable players to fully immerse themselves into the action of the hit TV show by blending digital objects, such as characters and other game elements, with the players’ own environment.”
As the Verge points out, the trailer doesn’t show us any direct gameplay, so we still don’t know for sure what a gaming experience might look like. Instead, we see players fighting off the undead with real weapons in places like the grocery store, the park, and your meemaw’s retirement community. There are also reportedly “virtual versions” of some of the popular Walking Dead characters, like Rick, Daryl, and Michonne, who will come to help you in battle.
A release date has not been announced.
Christine Friar is a writer and editor in New York who focuses on streaming entertainment and internet culture. Her work has appeared in the Awl, the Fader, New York Magazine, Paper Magazine, Vogue, Elle, and more.