BY GEOFF WEISS
Ahead of its seventh annual gathering this summer, much-beloved online video convention VidCon has announced the industry professionals who will curate the panels, keynotes, fireside chats, and seminars for the event’s business-minded attendees.
The Industry Track Advisory Board, as it’s been dubbed (VidCon also offers attendance “tracks” for creators and fans), comprises a veritable who’s-who of bold-faced players from media companies, brands, agencies, and investment firms. Here’s the list:
- EpicSignal founder Brendan Gahan
- United Talent Agency partner Brent Weinstein
- Pepsi senior marketing manager Christine Ngo
- Marriott’s vice president of global creative and content marketing, David Beebe
- Comcast’s VP of strategic development, Dror Shimshowitz
- Internet of Things Consortium CEO Greg Kahn
- Vessel’s head of content, Ivana Kirkbride
- Federated’s chief strategy officer, John McCarus
- New Form Digital chief creative officer Kathleen Grace
- Beyond’s VP of programming, Leslie Morgan
- Supergravity Pictures founder Marc Hustvedt
- Greycroft Partners’ Mark Terbeek
- YouTube’s head of entertainment communications, Michelle Slavich
- Bertelsmann Digital Media Investments’ Sim Blaustein.
“With last year’s explosion of next-gen OTT, SVOD platforms and alternative digital distribution models, there is more demand for multi-platform content, influencers and creators than ever before,” said Vessel’s Kirkbride in a statement, nodding to potential focal points for this year’s event.
VidCon, which will take place between June 23 and 25 in Anaheim, California, also recently announced that this year’s iteration would put an added focus on gaming content. Tickets are available at VidCon.com.
Illustration by Max Fleishman