- Southwest Airlines passengers receive free Nintendo Switch consoles and Mario Maker 2 Wednesday 9:10 PM
- The Deplorable Choir drops diss track aimed at 4 congresswomen from Trump’s racist tweets Wednesday 8:09 PM
- Florida city is pushing homeless people out by playing ‘Baby Shark’ on a loop Wednesday 7:27 PM
- A ‘Gossip Girl’ reboot is coming to HBO Max–and fans are not happy with the casting details Wednesday 6:44 PM
- Beto can’t leverage his slave owner ancestry to gain Black voters’ trust Wednesday 5:51 PM
- Oakland to become the third U.S. city to ban facial recognition Wednesday 5:50 PM
- ‘Release the Snyder Cut’ billboards pop up outside of San Diego Comic-Con Wednesday 5:24 PM
- Iggy Azalea and Peppa Pig have an epic Twitter fight Wednesday 4:39 PM
- Should you be concerned about your privacy on FaceApp? Wednesday 4:15 PM
- Google ‘terminates’ Dragonfly, its censored search engine for China Wednesday 3:33 PM
- AOC rips Facebook during Libra House hearing Wednesday 3:14 PM
- The time traveler conversation meme finds its way to TikTok Wednesday 2:52 PM
- Grimes claims she had an ‘experimental’ eye surgery and practices sword fighting Wednesday 2:42 PM
- 70 Border Patrol employees under investigation for posts in secret Facebook group Wednesday 1:45 PM
- Republican’s Operation Safe Return criticized as cover for mass deporation Wednesday 1:42 PM
Amazing mashup proves that ‘Uptown Funk’ is the perfect dance hit
Don’t believe me? Just watch.
We technically have five days left before summer officially ends and fall begins, so you can keep listening to all the contenders for song of the summer if you want. It’s totally OK.
If “Uptown Funk” happens to be your pick and you’ve made it your business to watch every imaginable rendition of the monster hit, make sure you hit pause on whatever it is you’re watching on YouTube and play this one instead.
Besting this take on the song that supercuts famous movie quotes, YouTube user What’s the Mashup? produced what could be seen as the ultimate evidence that “Uptown Funk” is the quintessential dance tune every party playlist should have. Comprised of 100 dance scenes from various films, every snippet used seems to fall perfectly in sync with Mark Ronson’s masterpiece.
Obvious picks like Dirty Dancing, Footloose, Napoleon Dynamite, and Saturday Night Fever make the cut, as well as surprise appearances by clips from Face/Off, The Goonies, and Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi.
Given the variety of scenes used, movie buffs would certainly have a grand ol’ time identifying the films featured in the mashup. If you need a little help, you can check out the full list of movies used in the video description.
Jam Kotenko is a technology reporter and graphic designer who specializes in coverage of Instagram, Facebook, and other social media apps. Her work has been published by Digital Trends, Bustle, and Gotta Be Mobile.