- Redditor wants to know if he’s the a**hole for ghosting pregnant partner Thursday 8:19 PM
- How to go live on TikTok Thursday 8:08 PM
- Joey Salads suggests Democrats carried out Santa Clarita mass shooting Thursday 7:31 PM
- How influencers use TikTok to make money and launch careers Thursday 7:18 PM
- How to stream Argentina vs. Brazil live Thursday 6:51 PM
- How to watch Disney+ on a smart TV Thursday 6:28 PM
- Miss Fame calls out Justin Bieber for low music video appearance pay offer Thursday 6:19 PM
- Trump Jr. ranked No. 1 on best-seller list—after the GOP gave away copies of his book Thursday 5:45 PM
- How to get Disney+ bundle if you already subscribe to Hulu and/or ESPN+ Thursday 5:19 PM
- Mo’Nique suing Netflix for race and gender discrimination Thursday 5:09 PM
- Students outraged that professors accused of sexual misconduct are still teaching Thursday 5:00 PM
- TikTok users jokingly wear big hats to sneak snacks into movie theaters Thursday 3:59 PM
- Why today’s new facially recognition bill is being called ‘woefully’ inadequate Thursday 3:15 PM
- Facebook has given more user data to the government than ever before Thursday 2:57 PM
- How to sign up for Disney Plus Thursday 2:55 PM
And the award for “Best Pup-porting Actor” goes to …
The canine costar of “The Artist” is getting his due online.
If Nicolas Cage can win an Oscar, why can’t a dog win one, too?
Fans of Uggie, the adorable dog in The Artist, are campaigning for the dog to win using a Twitter account, @Uggie_TheArtist. Supporters hope the nine-year-old Jack Russell terrier wins an award for “Best Pup-porting Actor.”
Uggie earned praise for his performance in the critically acclaimed silent movie The Artist for serving as the close confidant of an aging silent-movie star failing to adapt to the new world of “talkies” during the 1920s.
Although @Uggie_TheArtist has only 1,200 followers, fans on the “Consider Uggie” Facebook page are more active; 3,500 people like it.
Followers on both accounts are leaving notes of adoration for the dog.
“Give Uggie an Oscar for his role in “The Artist”!, a fan tweeted and seems to be the theme of dog-obsessed tweeters.
Although Uggie probably won’t win any type of Oscar, we wonder what Wishbone has to say all of this? Probably one, loud “woof.”
Editor’s note: Any assertion, even the merest implication, that there is a dog better than Ramona the Love Terrier is viciously false and violates the Daily Dot’s rigorous editorial standards.
A former editorial operations specialist and staff writer for the Daily Dot, Jordan Valinsky is a tech reporter and web culture commentator. His work has been published by the Week, Digiday, CNNMoney, Popular Mechanics, Vice, Mic, and Betabeat.