- Sling TV Latino es esencial para quienes están hartos de la televisión por cable 10 Months Ago
- Daenerys’ passive-aggressive smile is a very relatable meme Tuesday 11:18 PM
- Kentucky food truck repurposes ‘LGBTQ’ to support Trump, BBQ Tuesday 8:47 PM
- Trump complains about his Twitter follower count to Jack Dorsey Tuesday 6:34 PM
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’ sticks the devastating landing—and gives you time to grieve Tuesday 5:00 PM
- Teen hits Apple with $1 billion lawsuit over alleged face recognition arrest Tuesday 4:48 PM
- John Cornyn tried to attack Patton Oswalt for his old tweets and failed miserably Tuesday 4:29 PM
- Logan Paul is selling a pillow of his dead dog—for a good cause Tuesday 4:04 PM
- Study: Too much Netflix, not enough ‘chill’ Tuesday 3:36 PM
- Pete Buttigieg under fire for saying incarcerated Americans shouldn’t be allowed to vote Tuesday 2:54 PM
- Vine’s co-founder is beta testing a new app called Byte Tuesday 2:51 PM
- Report: Joe Biden’s first 2020 fundraiser will be with a Comcast executive Tuesday 2:49 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Sabrina’ appears to have an art-copying problem (updated) Tuesday 2:47 PM
- People are crying over these cats’ window-sill romance Tuesday 2:27 PM
- The ‘I’m baby’ meme is all about being comforted Tuesday 2:24 PM
The comedian has been on a quiet apology tour, atoning for his chummy and playful interview with then-candidate Trump on The Tonight Show in 2016. He famously ruffled the president’s hair and passed on asking hard questions.
“I made a mistake. I’m sorry if I made anyone mad. And, looking back, I would do it differently,” Fallon told the Hollywood Reporter‘s Awards Chatter podcast last week.
Trump caught wind of the interview and blasted Fallon on Twitter for it on Sunday, saying that Fallon “is now whimpering to all that he did the famous ‘hair show’ with me (where he seriously messed up my hair), & that he would have now done it differently because it is said to have ‘humanized’ me—he is taking heat. He called & said ‘monster ratings.’ Be a man Jimmy!”
In other words, the president is mad at Fallon for being a fake friend who apparently cheered the interview in private but backpedaled from it when it became unpopular. In response, the late-night host trolled the president on his immigration politics.
“In honor of the President’s tweet I’ll be making a donation to RAICES in his name,” Fallon tweeted late Sunday referring to the Texas nonprofit‘s viral campaign. Driven by Facebook shares, it’s raised $20 million for immigration legal defense spending.
Trump’s “zero tolerance” immigration policy has divided Americans and sparked an executive order from the president last week that instructed law enforcement at the border to stop separating families. However, immigration enforcement continues to be a rallying point the Trump White House.
The president has yet to respond.
Ramon Ramirez is the news director, and formerly the Dot's entertainment editor and evening editor. His work has appeared in the Washington Post, Grantland, Washington City Paper, Austin American-Statesman, and Austin Monitor.