- ‘Zybourne Clock’ original art is selling for over $4,000 on eBay 4 Months Ago
- What is TikTok famous club, and can you trust it? 4 Months Ago
- ‘John Wick 4’ and ‘The Matrix 4,’ both starring Keanu Reeves, will come out on the same day 4 Months Ago
- Smoke ’em, pass ’em Week 15: It’s Tannehill’s world 4 Months Ago
- Trump mocks Greta Thunberg over ‘person of the year’ win Today 7:55 AM
- Temple student refers to Philly as the ‘ghetto’ in ‘unacceptable’ TikTok Today 7:52 AM
- The decade the hucksters overran the halls of power Today 6:30 AM
- Ninja mocked for not knowing how to make a sandwich Wednesday 9:30 PM
- Marvel comics writer discusses misogyny in the industry Wednesday 9:09 PM
- TikTok conspiracy theorists think Juice WRLD is still alive Wednesday 7:03 PM
- Conservatives are protesting YouTube’s new harassment rules Wednesday 5:36 PM
- YouTuber’s ‘creepy’ comment about Taylor Swift’s eggs gets ratioed Wednesday 5:31 PM
- Bloomberg razzed for accidentally making an Alexa Fleshlight Wednesday 5:29 PM
- Who is putting cowboy hats on pigeons? Wednesday 4:33 PM
- Scammer reportedly bribed Facebook employee to keep posts up Wednesday 3:36 PM
Blink-182 drummer Travis Barker has said he was “disgusted” to find out Echosmith drummer Graham Sierota has been messaging his 13-year-old daughter in private on Instagram, according to various reports.
Barker’s daughter Alabama Barker first shared snippets of the mostly one-sided conversation on her Instagram story, the Blast reported.
Screenshots shared by the Blast shows Sierota messaging the teenager “Hi” twice in September 2016 with no response. He later says, “By the way I’m Graham from echosmith and I think ur [sic] beautiful.”
He then sent her an invitation to an event in July, to which Barker responded, “Ur like 40.”
To this, Graham apologized and clarified his age, “I just wanted to say i really like ur music and sorry for messaging and I’m 20.”
“Ok but u understand I’m a child?” Barke wrote.
She then shared the screenshot on her Instagram story and shared with her nearly 300,000 followers. “Hey guys! So once I again I am bringing this to your attention because I’m a 13 year old girl and he is 21/20 super creepy,” she wrote.
Her dad called the behavior predatory. “When I found out a 20 year old man was trying to get in touch with my 13 year old daughter by filling her Instagram messages with party invites and compliments I was disgusted,” Travis Barker told the Blast. “That’s predatory behavior and there is nothing cool, normal or OK about it at all.”
Graham has since expressed his regrets through a statement to pop-culture and entertainment website Just Jared, explaining that he was inviting her, along with others, to his parents’ family BBQ party.
“It wasn’t until she responded that I realized her age at which point I apologized to her,” he said. “I’m really sorry and feel very badly about this. I didn’t realize she was a minor and assumed she was my age. I made a careless mistake and this is a big lesson for me. I would like to apologize again to Alabama, her dad Travis, and her family.”
- Whitney Cummings talks #MeToo and debuts her sex robot in ‘Can I Touch It?’
- A human trafficking internet hoax is being spread on TikTok
- Glitch exposes real age of influencer who used filter to look younger
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
Samira Sadeque is a New York-based journalist reporting on immigration, sexual violence, and mental health, and will sometimes write about memes and dinosaurs too. Her work also appears in Reuters, NPR, and NBC among other publications. She graduated from Columbia Journalism School, and her work has been nominated for SAJA awards. Follow: @Samideque