- Laura Ingraham, Dinesh D’Souza slam journalist for having a job 4 Years Ago
- Netflix is testing a cheap-as-hell mobile-only plan 4 Years Ago
- Astrology app Co-Star’s bizarre push notifications are now a meme Today 12:18 PM
- ‘The Dirt’ offers a sanitized history of Mötley Crüe—but why? Today 11:42 AM
- ‘The Dirt’ director Jeff Tremaine on Mötley Crüe’s long, difficult road to Netflix Today 11:30 AM
- Here’s video of yet another alleged gunman looking for YouTuber Adam22 Today 11:09 AM
- 12 mugs that are absolutely purr-fect for cat enthusiasts Today 10:58 AM
- Jared Kushner used WhatsApp for official White House business Today 10:50 AM
- Unsettled Tom memes are on the rise Today 10:36 AM
- Trans student nominated for prom king told by administration to run for queen Today 10:07 AM
- Trump turns on his favorite cable news network Today 8:56 AM
- Skillshare is offering new users one month of premium for less than $1 Today 8:34 AM
- How to stream Bellator 218 for free Today 8:00 AM
- Jordan Peele’s ‘Us’ is already a meme gold mine Today 7:18 AM
- ‘Queen’s Shadow’ is a brilliant character study into a ‘Star Wars’ fan favorite Today 7:00 AM
Handy ‘activity pack’ helps ladies make it through the Super Bowl
What’s a lady to do when she’s not feeding her “hungry guys”?
The Super Bowl is rough, amirite, ladies? When we’re not serving our menfolk Buffalo wings and canapes, we’re basically just chilling in the kitchen, watching Gone With the Wind on TNT and waiting for the game to end.
But this year, we no longer have to be stuck behind our IKEA kitchen islands, watching Vivien Leigh turn curtains into a dress yet again. We can play with the Totino’s Super Bowl Activity Pack, for football widows and grown women “ages 5 and up.”
In the sketch, featuring SNL’s Vanessa Bayer as a frustrated housewife and host J.K. Simmons as her loutish husband, the Totino’s Super Bowl Activity Pack for women features “fun little puzzles and games to keep my mind active and busy” while she waits for her “hungry guys” to ask her to deliver more Totino’s Pizza Rolls. The puzzles and games include a spinning top, a word search, a connect-the-dots puzzle, and those little sticky hands you got in Frosted Flakes cereal boxes when you were growing up.
It’s a spot-on parody, particularly in light of all the ads you’ll see during the Super Bowl of those long-suffering wives with glued-on smiles, patiently serving their husbands in front of the TV. So happy Super Bowl Sunday, ladies. Just make sure you don’t think too hard during the word search jumble and hurt your little lady brains.
EJ Dickson is a writer and editor who primarily covers sex, dating, and relationships, with a special focus on the intersection of intimacy and technology. She served as the Daily Dot’s IRL editor from January 2014 to July 2015. Her work has since appeared in the New York Times, Rolling Stone, Mic, Bustle, Romper, and Men’s Health.