- Poster for ‘Once Upon a Time in Hollywood’ gets mercilessly roasted 1 Year Ago
- How to steam March Madness 2019 for free 1 Year Ago
- Trump maintains attack on late John McCain 1 Year Ago
- How to know if someone blocked you on Snapchat Today 6:30 AM
- Drag queens are calling on DirecTV to keep Viacom channels Today 6:16 AM
- Daniel Caesar dons cape for whiteness—and gets canceled Wednesday 4:29 PM
- Triton is a new malware ‘deliberately’ designed to put lives at risk Wednesday 3:23 PM
- ‘Into the Dark: I’m Just F*cking with You’ is one of the series’ best Wednesday 1:54 PM
- Trump’s latest prop, a map of ISIS, gets memed Wednesday 12:54 PM
- HBO sends fans on a global scavenger hunt for 6 Iron Thrones Wednesday 11:51 AM
- The Awkward Family Photos game is Cards Against Humanity for meme lovers Wednesday 11:50 AM
- London firefighters’ organization accuses ‘Peppa Pig’ of sexism Wednesday 11:41 AM
- YouTuber accused of abusing her children to make kid-friendly content Wednesday 11:20 AM
- Ari Fleischer’s Iraq War tweet isn’t going over well Wednesday 10:54 AM
- Cop arrested for recording man’s genitals, forcing mentally ill man to twerk Wednesday 10:37 AM
The clip seems to have originated in 2016, possibly from a Hardy fan site: It’s lived on an unofficial fan channel since then, but has also migrated to Instagram and Twitter, and has spiked again this week. The dog in the video appears to be his beloved dog Woody, who passed away in 2017. Hardy wrote the pup a long tribute.
“You think darkness is your ally?” he says, reciting part of Bane’s speech from 2012’s The Dark Knight. “You merely adopted the darkness. I was born in it, moulded by it.”
By the end of the speech he captures Woody’s subtle eye-roll. Or maybe it’s the cup.
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.