- No, that guy didn’t really fly alone on a Delta flight Saturday 4:31 PM
- Fans are paying to meet their favorite YouTubers online through pilot program Saturday 2:54 PM
- Behold: 12 straight hours of ‘Stranger Things” Alexei drinking a Slurpee Saturday 2:05 PM
- Influencer couple under fire for using holy water to splash genitals in Bali Saturday 1:29 PM
- These are the 10 best villains DC comics has ever conceived Saturday 1:11 PM
- The Daily Wire accused of stealing art design from pop artist for its merchandise Saturday 12:09 PM
- Instagram model Rianne Meijer on keeping it real with her followers Saturday 10:52 AM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Leicester City Saturday 8:30 AM
- Florida man arrested after allegedly texting girlfriend his mass shooting plans Saturday 8:27 AM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Celta Vigo Saturday 8:20 AM
- How to stream Seahawks vs. Vikings in NFL preseason action Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Chiefs in NFL preseason action Saturday 6:30 AM
- Chuck E. Cheese recycles pizza is the conspiracy theory that won’t die Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs Rams in NFL preseason action Saturday 6:00 AM
- Cómo ver el UFC 241: Daniel Cormier vs. Stipe Miocic Saturday 6:00 AM
Hanksgiving came a day early this year for one Tom Hanks fan when she received a gift from the actor himself—a Royal brand typewriter.
Artist Denise Esposito posted a photo of the typewriter and a letter signed by Hanks to Reddit on Wednesday.
The letter reads, “For your lovely book of sketches of—all—those MOVIES… here’s a typewriter to do with whatever you need… Make more art! And many thanks… Tom Hanks.”
Esposito told LAist that she met Hanks at the Rome Film Festival in October, and gave his publicist a Moleskin book of sketches painted of each of his movies. The sketchbook took her three weeks to complete.
“I was like ‘OK, at least I’m sure he’ll receive it.’ And a few minutes later a guy called me saying that Tom Hanks just saw my sketchbook and wanted to meet me! I couldn’t believe it and nearly started to cry,” Esposito said.
A photo posted by Denise Esposito (@deniseespositoart) on
Esposito said Hanks, a typewriter collector, told her, “I will send you a typewriter! I’ve got many and I’d love for you to have one.”
View Esposito’s impressive watercolors below:
Esposito’s Hanksgiving miracle is definitely one for the books.
Samantha Grasso is a former IRL staff writer for the Daily Dot with a reporting emphasis on immigration. Her work has appeared on Los Angeles Magazine, Death And Taxes, Revelist, Texts From Last Night, Austin Monthly, and she has previously contributed to Texas Monthly.