- John Bolton becomes the most uncomfortable resistance hero yet 8 Years Ago
- Robert Eggers on the long, hard road to ‘The Lighthouse’ 8 Years Ago
- How to watch the fourth 2020 Democratic debate 8 Years Ago
- Is social media normalizing cultural appropriation? Today 7:45 AM
- Zoë Kravitz will play Catwoman after being told she was too ‘urban’ for ‘Dark Knight Rises’ Today 6:36 AM
- The 5 best Spike Lee movies Today 5:00 AM
- Jesse Eisenberg and Imogen Poots visit suburban hell in ‘Vivarium’ Today 4:30 AM
- Spoiler-free review: HBO’s ‘Watchmen’ leans into the comic’s political side Today 3:00 AM
- #DogsAgainstBrexit highlights the negative impact of Brexit on pets Monday 7:44 PM
- Congress investigating whether vaping manufacturers used social media bots Monday 6:34 PM
- Influencer accuses Lisa Frank of stealing apartment design, says that’s why she’s getting evicted (updated) Monday 6:12 PM
- Brits are sharing their ‘awfully British Amazon reviews’ on Twitter Monday 4:08 PM
- How to stream Mexico vs. Panama in Concacaf Nations League play Monday 3:38 PM
- How to stream U.S. vs. Canada in the Concacaf Nations League tournament Monday 3:21 PM
- Fortnite’s black hole launches conspiracy theories and memes Monday 3:19 PM
We missed ya Tim Tebow—welcome back
Fans still love him—for now, anyhow.
After a 23-day tweeting hiatus, the new New York Jets player broke his silence Thursday night to his 1.5 million followers on Twitter with a note thanking his Denver Broncos fans.
“I will always be grateful to the Broncos organization for giving me the initial opportunity to fulfill my dream of being an NFL quarterback,” read part of the note that he posted on Twitter Thursday night. It’s now been seen nearly 50,000 times.
Tebow apparently forgot how fun Twitter is and tweeted six more times with three tweets focusing on his new team—and even poked fun at himself in his signature, wholesome humor.
“I’ve already said it 44 times so here goes number 45: I’m really excited to be a Jet! Haha! All joking aside it’s truly an honor…” tweeted Tebow in reference to a video counting the number of times he used the word “excited” in his introductory press conference earlier this month.
Many people tweeted back at Tebow wishing him luck. But the love didn’t extend to @XavierlScool, who tweeted “Dear @TimTebow: I’m sorry that I have to hate you now because you’re a Jet. I promise I’ll love you again if you play elsewhere.”
Welcome to New York, Tim.
The new Jets backup quarterback also logged back into Facebook Thursday night for the first time since March 2. He posted the same messages there that he posted on Twitter, where his 1.8 million Facebook fans collectively freaked out and hyperventilated.
His rabid fans proved he is still popular no matter what team he plays for, as his note about the New York Jets garnered 95,000 likes in 15 hours. He also changed his cover photo but only 14,000 people liked that.
Welcome back to the Internet, Tim. With football season approaching, savor these compliments because they won’t last too long.
Photo via Facebook
A former editorial operations specialist and staff writer for the Daily Dot, Jordan Valinsky is a tech reporter and web culture commentator. His work has been published by the Week, Digiday, CNNMoney, Popular Mechanics, Vice, Mic, and Betabeat.