- Gigi Hadid absolutely obliterates Jake Paul over Zayn Malik diss Today 10:26 AM
- People really want Chris Matthews fired after he compared Sanders’ Nevada win to Nazi invasion of France Today 9:35 AM
- Bernie Sanders wins Nevada Caucuses Saturday 6:54 PM
- MSNBC is out of its mind over Sanders leading Nevada Saturday 5:20 PM
- Kim Kardashian dragged for using makeup to darken her hands Saturday 4:13 PM
- TikTok users show how they turned their vehicles into incredible tiny homes Saturday 3:44 PM
- Woman iconically pranks man who sent her an unsolicited d*ck pic Saturday 2:25 PM
- ‘Terrifying’ deepfake puts Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk in ‘Star Trek’ Saturday 1:06 PM
- A 36-year-old called the cops after being booted from parents’ phone plan Saturday 12:16 PM
- People think novelist Dean Koontz predicted the coronavirus in 1981 thriller Saturday 10:22 AM
- Twitter suspends 70 pro-Bloomberg accounts Saturday 9:15 AM
- In documentary ‘Modern Whore,’ a former escort takes control of her own narrative Saturday 6:30 AM
- Cara Delevingne calls out Justin Bieber for ‘ranking’ wife Hailey’s friends Friday 9:07 PM
- Fans defend Jenna Marbles after some people claimed she mistreated her dogs in a recent video Friday 8:37 PM
- ‘Friends’ gets reunion special on HBO Max, fans go wild Friday 7:37 PM
We missed ya Tim Tebow—welcome back
Fans still love him—for now, anyhow.
After a 23-day tweeting hiatus, the new New York Jets player broke his silence Thursday night to his 1.5 million followers on Twitter with a note thanking his Denver Broncos fans.
“I will always be grateful to the Broncos organization for giving me the initial opportunity to fulfill my dream of being an NFL quarterback,” read part of the note that he posted on Twitter Thursday night. It’s now been seen nearly 50,000 times.
Tebow apparently forgot how fun Twitter is and tweeted six more times with three tweets focusing on his new team—and even poked fun at himself in his signature, wholesome humor.
“I’ve already said it 44 times so here goes number 45: I’m really excited to be a Jet! Haha! All joking aside it’s truly an honor…” tweeted Tebow in reference to a video counting the number of times he used the word “excited” in his introductory press conference earlier this month.
Many people tweeted back at Tebow wishing him luck. But the love didn’t extend to @XavierlScool, who tweeted “Dear @TimTebow: I’m sorry that I have to hate you now because you’re a Jet. I promise I’ll love you again if you play elsewhere.”
Welcome to New York, Tim.
The new Jets backup quarterback also logged back into Facebook Thursday night for the first time since March 2. He posted the same messages there that he posted on Twitter, where his 1.8 million Facebook fans collectively freaked out and hyperventilated.
His rabid fans proved he is still popular no matter what team he plays for, as his note about the New York Jets garnered 95,000 likes in 15 hours. He also changed his cover photo but only 14,000 people liked that.
Welcome back to the Internet, Tim. With football season approaching, savor these compliments because they won’t last too long.
Photo via Facebook
A former editorial operations specialist and staff writer for the Daily Dot, Jordan Valinsky is a tech reporter and web culture commentator. His work has been published by the Week, Digiday, CNNMoney, Popular Mechanics, Vice, Mic, and Betabeat.